• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Been torn between the iPhone 6 and the 6+. I was set on getting the 6 because I'm not a huge fan of big phones but as I start looking at the spec comparisons more, and since I'll be spending a ton of money anyways the 6+ is looking a lot better with its better resolution, battery life, and camera.
I go to the gym pretty often and am almost never without my phone. Will the size really be that overwhelming and annoying?

lustrate

Does anyone know how the pre-ordering will work with Verizon Edge? I currently have a 5S on the Edge plan and it says I'd need to pay $80 to "edge up". Do I pay that now or tonight?

-james-

Been torn between the iPhone 6 and the 6+. I was set on getting the 6 because I'm not a huge fan of big phones but as I start looking at the spec comparisons more, and since I'll be spending a ton of money anyways the 6+ is looking a lot better with its better resolution, battery life, and camera.
I go to the gym pretty often and am almost never without my phone. Will the size really be that overwhelming and annoying?

I'm in the same boat. Print out the template of the phones listed a few pages back and compare them. I'm most likely going for a 6 as the 6+ seems to big for my pocket. I'm still going to wait until I can get my hands on an actual phone before deciding, I wish they would have cut the bezel down on the 6+.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I currently have an Xperia Z1s, which is not exactly the same size as the new iPhone 6+, but it's not a whole lot smaller, either. I don't have any problems at the gym, personally, and I don't think the additional footprint of the Plus will change that.

NIGHT-

how does the trade in for at&t or verizon work? Say I wanted to order a phone tonight from Apple. Could I take my old phone and trade it in for credit towards my bill anytime at At&t?

BxQqY7nCcAApNSs.jpg

RkOwnage

Well, assuming all goes well with apple's website (it won't!) I'll hopefully have a 64gb iPhone 6+ on Verizon next week!

Good luck to everyone braving the internets, brush off your F5 key!

Ovid

Anyone know?

I guess if not, I can just go to the apple on my Mac. But at the same time I don't want to waste a couple of minutes on the App Store if it can't be done.
Unlocked iPhones are traditionally sold the following month (October). Well after the initial release.

Nintendad

I'm with MetroPCS and plan on getting the iPhone 6+ for me and iPhone 6 for my wife. If I sign up for AT&T any guesses on what a monthly bill will be for us?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

When held vertically, the Vita is:

7.17 inches (182mm) tall
3.29 inches (83.5mm) wide
18.6 mm thick

and weighs 260 grams

The iPhone 6 Plus is:

6.22 inches (158.1mm) tall
3.06 inches (77.8 mm) wide
7.1 mm thick

and weighs 172 grams

The length, thickness, and weight will make the Vita feel much larger when held in person.

Couleurs

Well, assuming all goes well with apple's website (it won't!) I'll hopefully have a 64gb iPhone 6+ on Verizon next week!

Good luck to everyone braving the internets, brush off your F5 key!

It's probably been mentioned already, but the Apple Store app tends to be usable when the website is getting slammed during iPhone preorders. So if the website starts shitting the bed, try the app.

kneePat

I don't get how AT&T trading program works either. They have done a very bad job explaining it.

Quoting myself:

The trade-in stuff isn't complicated. Both AT&T and VZW said they're just raising the minimum trade-in values of certain iPhones starting September 12. You trade in your phone at anytime during their respective promotions to receive a gift card/credit.

AT&T: https://tradein-program.att.com/
VZW: https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/
T-mobile: http://www.t-mobile.com/DeviceRecovery/cell-phone-trade-in.aspx
Sprint: https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/cns/

Also Android phones can be used as well, you just won't get as much. And I do believe you can trade in phones in store.

After flip flopping all day, I think I have decided in the iphone 6 64gb space grey. I printed out one of the size comparisons and the 6+ just seems too big to fit into my pockets. I will miss the larger battery and OIS but my pockets will be happy.

blitz64

Unlocked iPhones are traditionally sold the following month (October). Well after the initial release.

Unlocked iphones and off contracted iphones are sold right away this time probably because of T-mobile. This is the first time t-mobile is part of the iphone launch and only unlocked off contracted iphones work on T-mobile.

-james-

Anyone currently in a 2 yr contract with AT&T considering going with NEXT? I've been reading a lot of comparisons and it seems like a decent deal considering if you have a Mobile share 10gb or higher plan your get a $25 discount off the monthly charge.

Quoting myself:

Also Android phones can be used as well, you just won't get as much. And I do believe you can trade in phones in store.

how long is promotional period. After i agree to trade-in, how long do I have to ship? I don't want to be phone less waiting for new phone to come in.

MercuryLS

Banned
Printed out the template. TBH the 6+ isn't too bad. Decisions. decisions.

Which one will be faster to sell out?

The size is manageable but I can't fuck with not being able to reach all aspects of the screen one handed. The 6 will be a bit a stretch, but it'll still be doable with my big hands. The 6+ is a two handed device for the most part, the double tap home button thing isn't really a solution it's a bandaid. I would hate to have to always do that to reach elements at the top the screen all the time.

kneePat

how long is promotional period. After i agree to trade-in, how long do I have to ship? I don't want to be phone less waiting for new phone to come in.

September 30th for Verizon, no idea for AT&T. I think it is best for you to trade in your phone in person, or just buy the new phone and then ship your old one after you get it, and apply the credit to your account.

Here's how VZW says it works: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/834176

edit: it looks like September 30th for AT&T too, but not 100% on that.

Mononoke

Banned
Ready on every device and computer. Refresh and F5 will be worn out.

lol yeah, I have like 4 things set up. Having my brother help too. Going to hit up my carrier at the same time in case Apple has issues. I've been without a phone for 3 weeks now. So I really really need to get one!

KevinG

Don't think I'll be able to fall asleep for 4 hours. I'm still not complete set on the 6 Plus 16GB since I could get the 6 with 64GB.

Top Bottom