• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Cuphead

Banned
Hmm, AT&T site is telling me it'll be $270 for my 32gb device. I'll go to the AT&T store tomorrow and check it out though.

This site seems heavily convenient and incredible. Is it truly that easy? Is there no way for a buyer to scam me here? I assume everything is shipped to Glyde and then Glyde ships it out and verifies if it gets there.

I haven't used it but I plan on trying it to sell my 5S.

The site says buyers have 48 hours to return the item but it seems pretty safe overall.

Flo_Evans

I used to be case free... then I took an arrow to the, no wait I had kids and they scratched the fuck out of my phone.

Probably going to get one because

a) the phone might just be too thin without it (crazy!)

b) my kids still suck.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So how does launch day delivery work? I'll be on holiday on that Friday and wont get back until Saturday morning so I'm not going to be home when they deliver, will someone have to sign for it?

I see they're going for the classic "way too little or way too fucking much" pricing scam for storage.

I'll jump in when the base storage is 32gb. Expecting that to be the case next year.

LCfiner

Music, yes, with iTunes match. There's also Google Music, which is free.

Movies, no.

maybe someone could store the movies in iCloud drive under a folder for an app like goodreader or some other video player app? assuming they’re not itunes movies, which are in iCloud anyway.

although streaming an entire movie would usually take up a gig or more of cell data, if that’s an issue.

fse

WHY

P1010113.jpg

Kinda reminds me of my Lumia 925

Cuphead

Banned
So how does launch day delivery work? I'll be on holiday on that Friday and wont get back until Saturday morning so I'm not going to be home when they deliver, will someone have to sign for it?
In the past I was able to print out a sheet from fedex to sign and tape to the door.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I used to be case free... then I took an arrow to the, no wait I had kids and they scratched the fuck out of my phone.

Probably going to get one because

a) the phone might just be too thin without it (crazy!)

b) my kids still suck.

Definitely helps with resale value too. Had my iphone 5 for almost 2 years and looks like it has never been used, what a beaut.

Namikaze

So what's the best strategy for securing my iPhone 6 "tonight?"

I was thinking about trying the Apple store app on my phone first--if that doesn't work I was gonna try Verizon's online store.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yup. Although in his situation that is less than ideal. I'd pre-sign the waiver and have a friend pick it up.
Hmm, I'll have it delivered to a friend at work who lives nearby, he can sign for it and I'll collect it on the Saturday. Less risk all round. Thanks!
Will the iPhone 6 Plus still fit into my jeans front pockets?
Depends how big your jeans pockets are, but probably not unless they're deep.

Mononoke

Banned
So what's the best strategy for securing my iPhone 6 "tonight?"

I was thinking about trying the Apple store app on my phone first--if that doesn't work I was gonna try Verizon's online store.

I would also say, be vigilant. If the site crashes, or it says sold out, keep refreshing like a mad man. Even if it's 40 min in, do not give up. I find if you are relentless, you can get stuff when others start to give up.

After reading the anandtech review, I'll pass. The display, ironically, is the worst part of the G3. It's hugely detrimental to battery life, comparatively dim in outdoor settings, over saturates colors, and extreme sharpening adds significant display artifacts.

They fixed all of the colour issues in a patch recently.

If I want to switch to T-Mobile, can I order my 64GB iPhones at Apple and walk into a T-Mobile store with them? Or do I need to order them directly through T-Mobile?

Are you supposed to be able to order from the Apple store app and online from midnight in the UK because it's 00:10 here now and it's still not changed to allow preorders.

Anyone know what time they'll be available unlocked on the UK site? Can't find any info anywhere, but EE and O2 have apparently said they're on at 8:01am...

SeanR1221

Well, after a lot of back and forth, I decided on the regular size. I looked at a printout of the 5.5 and it's just too massive, especially for when I go to the gym.

Im getting a space grey 64gb, should be ready for me next friday.

Good luck to everyone pre ordering tonight. Always love a good iPhone launch :)

Called the apple store, they said you can't preorder and purchase off contract phones tonight. They said if you want to buy the phone off contract, you have to purchase at the apple store in person next week.

Sucks.

Edit: ATT

Edit #2: US

I'm really excited for what the MIMO and 802.11ac is going to do for the signal integrity of my iPhone in my apartment. With my iPhone 5, the signal was always just weak enough in my room with 802.11n that FaceTime Audio would occasionally drop out. (I swear that my apartment has lead paint or something). The new antennas, combined with WiFi calling and VoLTE and the additional "X"LTE bands that Verizon supports that my iPhone 5 did not are really going to improve reception and signal in my apartment.

asdad123

Im not eligible for an upgrade (I purchased the 5s last year). If I purchase it for full price from apple using my phone number, will I still have to pay the $40 activation fee for AT&T?

Zeth

Does anyone know how the preorders will work for att?

I'm on ATT, it looks like I should be able to preorder through Apple's site? Not worried about retaining data plans or anything, but I see lots of people mentioning the ATT site.

Ovid

Called the apple store, they said you can't preorder and purchase off contract phones tonight. They said if you want to buy the phone off contract, you have to purchase at the apple store in person next week.

Sucks.

Edit: ATT

Edit #2: US
You're never able to preorder unlocked/off-contract iPhones. Unlocked phones are usually made available a month after initial release.

Two Words

So how much can I get for my AT&T 64 GB black iPhone 5 in good conditions (only a couple of edge scuffs) if I risk getting stabbed on Craigslist?

Ceres

Banned
I'm sure this has been discussed but cant search through the pages. We have an AT&T family plan but my husband still has grandfathered unlimited data and wants the iphone 6 (still using an iphone 4). Can I upgrade on my line but activate his # when it comes? We're both eligible for an upgrade but main issue is keeping his unlimited data.

Xamdou

I'm on ATT, it looks like I should be able to preorder through Apple's site? Not worried about retaining data plans or anything, but I see lots of people mentioning the ATT site.

Preordering at apple.com is my main focus, just thinking of a backup plan just in case I wouldn't be able to preorder there.

asdad123

I'm sure this has been discussed but cant search through the pages. We have an AT&T family plan but my husband still has grandfathered unlimited data and wants the iphone 6 (still using an iphone 4). Can I upgrade on my line but activate his # when it comes? We're both eligible for an upgrade but main issue is keeping his unlimited data.

You can upgrade and keep the unlimited data with his line no problem. Just make sure you don't change your data plan when you're upgrading.

Once you change it, its gone for good.

Yeah. I've always ordered directly from Apple and retained my unlimited plan, but I'm worried about tonight. Also, if we order from AT&T's site, do they deliver on the 19th?

FinKL

If I want to switch to T-Mobile, can I order my 64GB iPhones at Apple and walk into a T-Mobile store with them? Or do I need to order them directly through T-Mobile?

You can order the T-Mobile variant iPhone from apple, it will be contract-less and full price. You can then go to T-Mobile store and purchase/get a sim card and they can set you up on an account.

What you should look into, is actually ordering from T-Mobile's website instead as they offer 24month payment plans with 0% interest. Basically would you want to spend $650 now or $100 now and ~$31 more a month for 2 years (contractless still). I'm sure they'll have them in store day one as well.

Seth C

When the iPhone 5 came out I ordered through Apple and was able to keep my grandfathered data plan.

Top Bottom