• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

My confirmation email says it arrives on 9/19. "64 GB - Space Grey will arrive on Sept. 19"

You got a confirmation email? AT&T just took me to a "Thank you for your order!" page afterward. Can't verify the order after the fact anywhere on the site.

My CC wasn't hit yet either.

surferkid

Banned
I was able to preorder via my AT&T premiere account at like 2:50 EST...and it came up with some nonsense confirmation that my order was successful and would ship within 7 to 10 business days. Is that par for the course for AT&T? I usually order via apple but was unable to this year due to NEXT upgrade.

Apath

Don't forget that the resale value is offset by the cost of the case(s). Some people spend $50 on cases over the life of the phone only to be able to sell it for $50 bucks more when they get their next phone. The case potentially degrades the enjoyment of the phone and you break even. No thanks.
My case cost $10 and is extremely minimalist. I made the mistake of not protecting my 4, and its resale value was hurt pretty badly.

We're also forgetting that a case protects your phone from physical damage. Falls and impacts are not uncommon and sometimes cannot be prevented.

jetsetrez

I've never tried to order a new iPhone on launch while also trying to switch carriers. Will this be an option on Apple's site, or should I just place the order with the carrier I'm switching to?

iNvid02

qcIgaLq.gif

LordCanti

Can do AT&T site but worried, even though bottom says by Sept 19th. People said it was already not by launch in their confirmation emails?

I ordered the second the countdown timer thing hit zero and it already said "Delivery in 14-x days" or whatever. I think that's just their way of saying "we can't guarantee you'll get one".

Hopefully anyway.

Tekniqs

My case cost $10 and is extremely minimalist. I made the mistake of not protecting my 4, and its resale value was hurt pretty badly.

We're also forgetting that a case protects your phone from physical damage. Falls and impacts are not uncommon and sometimes cannot be prevented.

link to case?

nynt9

You got a confirmation email? AT&T just took me to a "Thank you for your order!" page afterward. Can't verify the order after the fact anywhere on the site.

My CC wasn't hit yet either.

The confirmation email I got from ATT says I won't be charged until shipping, which might be why you don't see a charge.

Husker86

AT&T is showing one of my family members line as not in the data group on the my account homepage....lol, so random. I really hope their site is just getting hammered and showing incorrect things because that makes no sense.

Couleurs

Thanks, but do you already have to be on that carrier? I've this before, but only for the carrier I'm currently on.

No, you can order from a different carrier. Don't remember if you sign the contract when you order the phone or when you activate it though. But you can order for whichever one you want to switch to.

Verizon ordering had been rock solid the last 3 years I've done it. In and out in 5 minutes. I'd rather see server overload than this error that makes me think I'm completely screwed.

Top Bottom