• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
i am still in the 6+ ghetto here but man, all these reviews and hands on reports are really making me excited for what apple will bring out next year.

That's my feeling exactly. I have my 6+. It is still great, and I am not in the market for a replacement this year. But considering what I am hearing about how surprisingly good this S revision is, it can only get better later on...

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Just read this on Toucharcade.com:

As of this writing, the only truly noteworthy game that uses 3D Touch is AG Drive [$3.99], and you press the screen a little bit harder to boost. (AG Drive is also a fantastic game we gave Game of the Week to, so, added bonus.) It sounds simple and basic, but having one more layer of flexibility to touch controls is going to be a very good thing for iOS gaming
The more you press, the faster you go. Racers will be so much better with 3D Touch :)

giga

Pro tip: you can adjust 3D Touch sensitivity in accessibility settings. I prefer it on light.

Z0BmsMN.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Thanks guys! The stabilization makes a huge difference in that video, so I guess I'll go with the Plus again. I was looking for a reason to go with the smaller one, but the shaky video is a deal killer.

No digital stabilisation for video on the 6s? That seems a surprise - for video they should have plenty of pixels to play with to allow a digital margin for stabilisation

Daffy Duck

What cases have people got?

I wanted a Spigen case like in my 5S but they don't look as good now and have card holders and stand ms built in, and unsure how good the apple silicon case is for protection.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just for fun, tomorrow I'll turn all that crap on and report my % back. I'm guaranteeing sub-5 hours. I never use Siri because it's such a battery hog. And using Bluetooth for 1-1.5 hours a day is not the same as having it always-on 24/7.

the whole point of Bluetooth is you leave it on 24/7 so you can connect easily to it. Especially with low power it shouldn't kill the battery. Likewise with wifi. And they wouldn't enable 'hey siri' if it was a battery hog.

TimFL

iTunes doesn't recognize my 6s (windows does just fine), my music app is in an endless "Loading Library..." to no music found loop (restarts the process every time I enter the app), video app doesn't show any of my iTunes movies/TV Shows (even though I told it to show all purchases regardless of download status), iCloud Drive app has "0 items" to show.

Tried everything from disabling iCloud Music Library/Apple Music, logging out of iCloud, a full settings reset, multiple restarts and even set up as new for the fun of it (didn't work either so I went back to my iCloud backup which took me 3-4 tries to set up in the first place).
All my other iPhones just worked out of the box, this is the first one that tries to ruin my weekend by preventing me from getting my music.

Kysen

Using peak and pop on Gaf, can read the OP without opening the thread = awesome. Also thanks for posting the accessibility options, by default 3D touch requires a bit too much pressure. Light mode is the best for me.

samn

No digital stabilisation for video on the 6s? That seems a surprise - for video they should have plenty of pixels to play with to allow a digital margin for stabilisation

There is, there has been since the 4s. The problem is that software on its own is not enough. Apps like hyperlapse get around it by cutting out frames, which isn't acceptable for the system camera.

bionic77

The upgrade in screen quality coming from a 5S to a 6S+ is huge.

I do have to say that the plus is a big ass phone though. Will take time to get used to it. Trying to text on this thing with one hand feels like playing Kid Icarus on the 3DS.

marc^o^

The upgrade in screen quality coming from a 5S to a 6S+ is huge.

I do have to say that the plus is a big ass phone though. Will take time to get used to it. Trying to text on this thing with one hand feels like playing Kid Icarus on the 3DS.
Is there a recommanded one handed keyboard?

Well. 6+ owner here. Just setup an appointment for a 64gb space gray 6s+ between 11:30 and 12:00 today. I guess appointments are that easy to come by.

They keep stock filled in stores as much as possible but it can be a crapshoot depending on where you live. Reservations replaced the lines as much as possible this year as well and I'm not sure people realized this.

Magnus

Pro tip: you can adjust 3D Touch sensitivity in accessibility settings. I prefer it on light.

Z0BmsMN.jpg

I just tried all three settings and tested on the image in that settings screen. All three felt the same. Disappointed. Still have to press quite a bit more than I want to on Light.

kaskade

My store had a lot of models of the 6 s+ in. Put in a reservation for tonight. Space gray too. Kinda glad I didn't pick mine up yesterday.

Enco

36% left after 4 hours 40 use.

Not as great as I thought it would be. Watched about 50 min of Netflix and did a load of browsing all with 3G.

Could be worse I guess. Not seeing what the Internet raves on about though. Seems like my 5S on release day.

123rl

I made a reservation this morning and I'm picking it up this evening. Simple and easy. No waiting in for a delivery, not 3-4 week waits (lol), and it's given me a day to do my research and read opinions

Lexxism

36% left after 4 hours 40 use.

Not as great as I thought it would be. Watched about 50 min of Netflix and did a load of browsing all with 3G.

Could be worse I guess. Not seeing what the Internet raves on about though. Seems like my 5S on release day.
6s or 6s plus?

marc^o^

What I'd like to know how scratch sensitive this screen is. I heard it was better than previous iPhones?

Oppo

So that youtube video of the 6S+ under water for 30 mins posted earlier on this page is fake? Serious question.

of course its fake

think for a second

if you dropped it in shallow water and didnt move it around too much, theres a chance it wouldnt short out, but thats simple luck, not a new feature of actual water resistance. a radio would do the same.

of course its fake

think for a second

if you dropped it in shallow water and didnt move it around too mich, theres a chance it wouldnt short out, but thats simple luck, not a new feature of actual water resistance. a radio would do the same.

Well props to the guy doing the video then - I can't see how he faked it so well.

edit: of course there's always CGI :)

Top Bottom