• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Woke up yesterday and checked the reservation system and I could get a 6s+ 64. Made a dumb call and got one as they are available. Didn't need it as I have a 128 6.

Apple loves me.

Sapiens

Glad I waited for a phone with 2 jiggabytes of ram. That's the real difference maker here, imo. I can finally multitask and have many safari tabs open at the same time without big performance hits. Everything is speedy as fuck.

Maximus.

Got the 6S Plus. Upgraded from the iPhone 6. I got used to the size pretty fast and going back to the 6 feels like it's tiny. The new phones are definitely noticeably heavier. 3D Touch is great, but some of it is not as easy if you have a case (like multitasking). It is so fast, great having 2GB of ram. Camera is amazing. If you have a 6/6+ I would recommend waiting, unless you get an amazing deal to upgrade (I got an amazing deal to upgrade, way cheaper plan and only really paying for AppleCare out of my pocket).

Nephtis

Sigh, and yet another day without 6S+ models for Tucson (Verizon)...

Only ATT and Tmo users are gonna get lucky, it seems. Bah.

Glad I waited for a phone with 2 jiggabytes of ram. That's the real difference maker here, imo. I can finally multitask and have many safari tabs open at the same time without big performance hits. Everything is speedy as fuck.

I never ever had a problem with Ram constraints.

How many of you are switching from Android/Windows phone to the new iPhone? My last iPhone was the 3G, then I had the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Oneplus One, Moto X Pure (returned it in a week). I wish I gotten the Silver version of 6S+. Rose Gold is taking awhile. :(

Lexxism

How many of you are switching from Android/Windows phone to the new iPhone? My last iPhone was the 3G, then I had the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Oneplus One, Moto X Pure (returned it in a week). I wish I gotten the Silver version of 6S+. Rose Gold is taking awhile. :(
Me! I'm coming from Nexus 5 but I haven't ordered anything yet. I'm still waiting for the K11 bumper to be delivered first before I buy the iphone 6s plus.

Me! I'm coming from Nexus 5 but I haven't ordered anything yet. I'm still waiting for the K11 bumper to be delivered first before I buy the iphone 6s plus.

The K11 bumper from Kickstarter? That case looks good, but what's wrong with having a naked phone and isn't that case $29? It's a bit expensive for a case.

So after having my 6s Plus for a two days now, I think I'm finally letting go of the feeling that I prefer the size of the 6. Browsing the web and video watching is fantastic on the phone, it isn't too cumbersome in a pocket, and I don't have any issues reaching upper parts of the screen. The weight is my one complaint, it is just a tad heavier than I'd like my phone to be, but that's something I think I'll have to live with in any phone this size.

So yeah, I'm happy I went from a 6 to a 6s Plus. With as much as I use my phone the battery alone was worth it, but the rest of the upgrades are pretty good too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Struggling. Impressions are welcome.

Basically I have zero interest in the Plus. I was fine (and still am) with the 5/5s/5C size, and last year grabbed the 6 as it was the smallest size available. I was bummed at no OIS but whatever.

Now OIS is on photos AND video, I mean it's just not worth the price for OIS alone, right? Both the $100 and not wanting a 5.5" phone, right? I enjoy taking video and photos, and upgraded my iCloud storage ages ago because of my photo library size, but has anyone gone to he plus SOLELY for OIS, despite not wanting the size?

OIS with stills is of most benefit for longer focal lengths. The camera in the iPhone is quite wide angle so is less in need of it. Of course it would be nice, but the size is a much bigger problem if you are not a fan.

For video I think the iPhone still has some software/digital stabilisation, plus if you really wanted good quality video I'm sure there are video editors with stabilisation filters - especially if you shoot 4K so you can crop out from the middle and still get 1080p

Lexxism

The K11 bumper from Kickstarter? That case looks good, but what's wrong with having a naked phone and isn't that case $29? It's a bit expensive for a case.
Yeah, that's the one. I'm not really a fan of having a naked phone. There's always a chance of dropping no matter how careful I am and plus I have a history of dropping a phone.

samn

Only in beginning not after extensive use and indexing is done. The story is a typical hyperbole hit piece.

Calm down. The article is fine. It's not hyperbolic and it clearly states there have only been a couple of reports.

As for this 'indexing' stuff, I'm yet to see much evidence that it uses a lot of power or that it goes on for a long time.

1 day with the 6S+:

+ Display is fantastic. I had concerns going from a Note 4 AMOLED, but the contrast his great.
+ Fast as hell
+ Battery life has been great so far

- Leather case is bad.
- 3D Touch is still questionable in certain spots of the screen;
- Feel like I'm being forced to get AppleCare due to possible 3D Touch-related incident.

Best phone I've owned yet.

1 day with the 6S+:

+ Display is fantastic. I had concerns going from a Note 4 AMOLED, but the contrast his great.
+ Fast as hell
+ Battery life has been great so far

- Leather case is bad.
- 3D Touch is still questionable in certain spots of the screen;
- Feel like I'm being forced to get AppleCare due to possible 3D Touch-related incident.

Best phone I've owned yet.

Yeah 3D Touch is slightly iffy on the extreme corners as if the Touch ID layer doesn't cover the whole screen but most of it except the edges . Hopefully iPhone 7 makes it cover the whole corners

Magnus

Moving up from a 5S to a 6S. No cons to speak of really, except that the phone is definitely heavier and larger than I'm used to. Noticeably harder to use one-handed but the double tap home button reach thing helps.

Larger screen is definitely nice. The 2GB RAM bump is palpable. Shit is zippy. Faster wifi for SURE.

And WOW; the selfie cam is fucking fantastic. Game-changer for sure. I love how this device takes photos and videos - and between slow mo, time lapse, Live Photos (which I love) and the overall top notch quality of all recording and shooting, it's a real dream of a phone cam. Love it.

And for me, it's the first iPhone I've had (and I've had the 3GS, 4 and 5S) that's more than 16gb. I went 64gb this time and it's SUCH a great change. Having all the extra room is fucking awesome. No need to waste time managing and deleting apps and photos etc. Huge quality of life improvement for my day to day use of the phone.

I keep forgetting 3D Touch exists. I do like it. I'll begin to use it soon I'm sure.

Bought AppleCare + because I'm tired of the inevitable year 2 problem with my iPhone (screen, battery, you name it, something inevitably happens) and not getting any help in the Apple Store to fix it. The peace of mind is nice. Fuck is it ever expensive though. AppleCare for my Air 2 was $99 CDN. This phone's coverage was $169. Ouch.

Shenmue

Banned
Did everyone know you could force touch the left edge of your screen and swipe right to open the app switcher screen?? Mind blown for me. No more need to double click the home button. I'm always afraid in the long run I'll wear out the home button.

Juice

Did everyone know you could force touch the left edge of your screen and swipe right to open the app switcher screen?? Mind blown for me. No more need to double click the home button. I'm always afraid in the long run I'll wear out the home button.

Yup. Apple should literally make a commercial for this feature. I'm sick of having to show it to people.

Game-Biz

Wow. This I like.

Newline

Yeah 3D Touch is slightly iffy on the extreme corners as if the Touch ID layer doesn't cover the whole screen but most of it except the edges . Hopefully iPhone 7 makes it cover the whole corners

I'm assuming the left and right side of the screen is reserved for opening up the multitasker with regards to 3d touch. The 3D touch works perfectly for that but it doesn't for peeking which is what makes me think that.

I am upgrading from a 6 to a 6s+ I hate big phones but after playing with a plus I am sold. Should get it in the next day.

The heat issues could be a problem but a small one. People are turning the phone on and updating immediately. For many that's a lot of apps after that it won't be working its ass of as much and will cool down.

Hattori

Banned
So no one else is having slow lte data in Verizon? :(
I can't speak for Verizon, but I'm getting 100% faster speeds with the 6S on T-Mobile.

9ZPY2cb.png

Floex

Anyone had the issue where it won't open hardly of your apps once you have transferred content from your old phone?

Top Bottom