• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple is way overpriced, who agrees?

Apple is way overpriced, who agrees?

• Total voters

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Did you know you can pin it to the menu bar?

6KDgbLN.jpeg
No, I didn’t.
And I thank you for this.
Still silly to remove the dedicated button, but hey, a shortcut is a shortcut. I’m really grateful for this tip.

angrod14

Look at the competition. Put an Apple machine and a competitor's machine side by side. Feel the build quality of one against the other. They're unmatched. Competitors are constantly trying to play catch up with them (using aluminium finishes, etc.), yet they'll never be the real thing, always just a copy.

They have the price customers are willing to pay, and they get away with it because they're the best.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Look at the competition. Put an Apple machine and a competitor's machine side by side. Feel the build quality of one against the other. They're unmatched. Competitors are constantly trying to play catch up with them (using aluminium finishes, etc.), yet they'll never be the real thing, always just a copy.

They have the price customers are willing to pay, and they get away with it because they're the best.

I mean ... You can believe that but it's not true. LoL!

calistan

No, I didn’t.
And I thank you for this.
Still silly to remove the dedicated button, but hey, a shortcut is a shortcut. I’m really grateful for this tip.
You're welcome! I don't think anyone was happy that they changed those keys, but there's a free app called Karabiner-Elements that lets you remap the keyboard. You'll just have to remember that the brightness keys are labelled Dictation and Focus (who even uses those?)

Topher

Gold Member

The best when it comes to a product's build quality? Absolutely. Put that Apple machine and a competitor's machine side by side and compare specs and price. I mean.....your base price 16" Macbook Pro is $2500 and with that you are getting 512GB of storage. I can buy one hell of a non-Apple laptop with that kind of money.

There are always trade-offs.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
It's massively over hyped and over priced.

For a fraction of the cost of getting an iPhone, a apple watch and air pods you could get other brands that perform equally as well or even better.

Apple is to tech what brands like Gucci are to clothes. You're paying the extra money for the brand. Not the quality.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It's massively over hyped and over priced.

For a fraction of the cost of getting an iPhone, a apple watch and air pods you could get other brands that perform equally as well or even better.

Apple is to tech what brands like Gucci are to clothes. You're paying the extra money for the brand. Not the quality.

I was at Christian Audigier's South Beach opening of one of his stores over a decade back... Me and my friends got free shirts that somehow cost $100 ... That my sister could have made for $25... Just to further your point with the Gucci brand. Just reminded me of that... It was a fun party tho.
0jVtpTw.jpeg
GxAuIfS.jpeg

Danknugz

spoken like a true brainwashed person.

They are too expensive. I can somewhat justify their laptops and tablets as they are genuinely good and arguably deliver the best power to performance ratio on the market. Their desktops and phones on the other hand are just a waste of money.

MikeM

Gold Member
I’m still on the iPhone X. Given how I use it for everything except for Office and gaming- yes pricey but its been worth every penny. I’ll be buying the new iPhone once it comes out.

David B

An Idiot
I’m still on the iPhone X. Given how I use it for everything except for Office and gaming- yes pricey but its been worth every penny. I’ll be buying the new iPhone once it comes out.
Have a good time with those high per month prices with Verizon or AT&T.

Top Bottom