• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

Burger

I'm starting to get annoyed with this now.

On my phone I play Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. It plays Damon Albarn.

Go to Album, hit "Remove Downloads", still Damon Albarn.

Hit "Remove from My Music"

Plays Little Dragon.

Also the iPad app is shit and keeps crashing. Back to spotify.

All of these horror stories just make me know more and more that having a large, locally stored library is the only way to go for me. No interest in the cloud/Match and very little interest in streaming.

Have always been fine with iTunes as the app to manage my library, but it sounds like this version makes that a gargantuan pain in the ass.

Natiko

Banned
I'm still a bit confused on how this whole thing will work. Say I sign up for Apple Music. I'll immediately have access to however many songs are there by default. It will also scan my iTunes library and any songs that ping between it and the iTunes store will also be unlocked for streaming through iTunes Match. Is that correct? And if so, is there any way to then check in iTunes to see what songs did not make the jump and sync any remaining ones to my phone?

Appleman

I'm still a bit confused on how this whole thing will work. Say I sign up for Apple Music. I'll immediately have access to however many songs are there by default. It will also scan my iTunes library and any songs that ping between it and the iTunes store will also be unlocked for streaming through iTunes Match. Is that correct? And if so, is there any way to then check in iTunes to see what songs did not make the jump and sync any remaining ones to my phone?

Any that can't be matched will just be uploaded and available for streaming just like matched songs

Future

I'm starting to get annoyed with this now.

On my phone I play Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. It plays Damon Albarn.

Go to Album, hit "Remove Downloads", still Damon Albarn.

Hit "Remove from My Music"

Plays Little Dragon.

Also the iPad app is shit and keeps crashing. Back to spotify.

Wish I read this before matching my iTunes library. Its in progress and guess I'll see how it goes!

At first glance I dont see what all the praise of apple music was. It seems like the library is smaller than spotify as I'm immediately seeing albums it doesnt have

Natiko

Banned
Any that can't be matched will just be uploaded and available for streaming just like matched songs

Interesting. I assume you can mark songs that you want available offline correct? Can you mark an entire playlist? And say you add new music to iTunes, do you just sync your phone like normal and it does all the matching and uploading itself during that process?

I would keep Spotify over this (so far) because when I open up Spotify, I can understand what's going on in about 10 seconds. I've been using it a long time, there's nothing it can't do that I want it to do, and I'm not bothered by either its desktop or iPhone app like everyone else seems to be for some reason.

There's enough shit going on in my life that at this point, I'm really not interested in learning a whole new method of doing something that I could already do just fine. Not interested in spending hours in getting playlists setup that I already have setup on Spotify. I just want to listen to music.

I will say that I bet a year from now (hopefully less), this Apple Music will work a lot better than it does on launch. I'm not writing it off yet.

mitheor

Interesting. I assume you can mark songs that you want available offline correct?

Yes

Can you mark an entire playlist?

Yes

And say you add new music to iTunes, do you just sync your phone like normal and it does all the matching and uploading itself during that process?

yes

Yes to all.

Wreav

Banned
After a day of heavy use, I just don't see how anyone who is already using Spotify can feel comfortable investing in this app.

A big part of the problem is the UX, which is just asinine. A sub-problem to this is the fact that we won't be seeing updates to the app very often, thanks to it being integrated into the OS. If Apple can squash some of the biggest UX gotchas by iOS 9 GM, then I can see giving it a real chance, but that has to happen.

Things like not being able to jump to the album the current track is from is frankly amateur hour. Things like having a star icon sometimes, a heart icon other times, and a 5 star ranking system is so un-Apple that I have to wonder how much they're missing the plot here.

I'm also surprised about the positive reception of Beats1, honestly. It's a radio station on a service that prioritizes ad-hoc playlist creation, so good on Apple for delivering a surprising value-add.

At this point, I just can't see using this app day in and day out, even given how bad the Spotify app has gotten recently. I'm not even an iTunes music customer, can't imagine the grief you guys are having.

Fry

Why are some songs not clickable?

I can play them but they are not clickable.

U9EwDY4.png

I would keep Spotify over this (so far) because when I open up Spotify, I can understand what's going on in about 10 seconds. I've been using it a long time, there's nothing it can't do that I want it to do, and I'm not bothered by either its desktop or iPhone app like everyone else seems to be for some reason.

There's enough shit going on in my life that at this point, I'm really not interested in learning a whole new method of doing something that I could already do just fine. Not interested in spending hours in getting playlists setup that I already have setup on Spotify. I just want to listen to music.

I will say that I bet a year from now (hopefully less), this Apple Music will work a lot better than it does on launch. I'm not writing it off yet.

Agreed. The UI right now feels cumbersome as fuck and I'm not looking forward to sitting down and setting up ALL my playlists just the way I had it on Spotify. But I said I'd go balls deep and try Apple Music for the trial before switching back to Spotify so I'll have to do it eventually.

UI just feels cluttered with each page trying to do too much.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Why are some songs not clickable?

I can play them but they are not clickable.

U9EwDY4.png
That's probably the Explicit songs glitch. Activate and deactivate restrictions and they should unlock:

FOUND A SOLUTION

Open Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions > Set PIN (I'd recommend just 0000) > Music & Podcasts > Tap on Explicit toggle to Allow > Disable Restrictions (0000 or whatever PIN you chose previously)

Found this from another forum

I'm sure it will be better with subesequent updates throughout the year.

It's funny that either people are praising it day 1 or already claiming it's a failure on day 1. So GAF.

I've been enjoying it so farz could definitely see improvements but they seem minor. Just iron out some bugs, make sharing playlists easier amongst friends. Connect seems barren right now, hopefully more people post stuff.

After a day of heavy use, I just don't see how anyone who is already using Spotify can feel comfortable investing in this app.

A big part of the problem is the UX, which is just asinine. A sub-problem to this is the fact that we won't be seeing updates to the app very often, thanks to it being integrated into the OS. If Apple can squash some of the biggest UX gotchas by iOS 9 GM, then I can see giving it a real chance, but that has to happen.

Things like not being able to jump to the album the current track is from is frankly amateur hour. Things like having a star icon sometimes, a heart icon other times, and a 5 star ranking system is so un-Apple that I have to wonder how much they're missing the plot here.

I'm also surprised about the positive reception of Beats1, honestly. It's a radio station on a service that prioritizes ad-hoc playlist creation, so good on Apple for delivering a surprising value-add.

At this point, I just can't see using this app day in and day out, even given how bad the Spotify app has gotten recently. I'm not even an iTunes music customer, can't imagine the grief you guys are having.

Beats 1 Radio personalizes radio more than the automated music we hear on radio. it takes radio back to when a DJ was chosing the music as per their taste rather than some guy in the desk somewhere who might have the best music taste and might just pick something from the top 10 billboards.

i see the service as like choosing web browsers. I think from what I have heard and seen Apple Music has a bigger collection of music and don't be surprised if artists and labels move into more exclusive deals with Apple Music and away from spotify. Its not going to be for everyone but I think this will heavily disrupt Spotify growth

Whitelines

Neo Member

What do you mean not being able to jump to the album?

Just click on the bar that has the artist/track/album name and it jumps to the album/playlist it is from no?

Natiko

Banned
Yes to all.

Awesome, thanks for the answers everyone. I've never used Spotify as I've been an iTunes user (for better or worse) for years and didn't want to deal with two ecosystems. This gives me the chance to see what it's like as to me it's not a choice of Spotify or Apple Music. It's a choice of Apple Music or my normal offline music library.

Wreav

Banned
It's funny that either people are praising it day 1 or already claiming it's a failure on day 1. So GAF.

I don't think many people here are claiming it's DOA...just that it's not as good as it's competitors straight out the gate in certain areas. There are some very valid criticisms that you can see after 5 minutes of use.

What do you mean not being able to jump to the album?

Just click on the bar that has the artist/track/album name and it jumps to the album/playlist it is from no?

If I'm listening to "indie radio", that does nothing. I don't want to jump to the playlist if I'm discovering a new artist/song, sometimes I want to jump to that artist outside of the playlist, or the specific album.

Mononoke

Banned
I haven't upgraded my iPhone 6 + since the first month it came out. I've had it jailbroken since then. Something went wrong, and I have no idea why, but my jailbroke crashed and I couldn't fix it. I lost everything.

I just upgraded to 8.4. So now I have access to Apple Music on my phone. Now I have to look into the Jailbreak thingy and see if t's doable.

Kurita

Can't have the original song titles for stuff that's in Japanese originally, that's a bummer :/
I think streaming services are still not for me.

Whitelines

Neo Member
I don't think many people here are claiming it's DOA...just that it's not as good as it's competitors straight out the gate in certain areas. There are some very valid criticisms that you can see after 5 minutes of use.

If I'm listening to "indie radio", that does nothing. I don't want to jump to the playlist if I'm discovering a new artist/song, sometimes I want to jump to that artist outside of the playlist, or the specific album.

Yeah i get what you're saying, it's not really useful right now.

Should really be able to jump to artist/album in a simple way.

br3wnor

'For You' playlists seem to update a couple of times a day; not enough to get overwhelming, but enough to have something new.

This is a really cool feature for me. I'm really lazy when it comes to discovering music, but using AM all day yesterday (and letting it figure out what I liked) and checking the "For You" tab before bed, I was able to find playlists and new artists that I never heard of or didn't think of listening to and so far a lot of it is lining up w/ my taste.

I'm sure Spotify has a lot of similar features of Apple Music since I last used it a few years ago as a free trial, but I think when the 3 months are up I'm gonna be subscribing to AM. It's perfect for lazy people like me who don't want to find new music on their own, and it stops me from listening to the same albums over and over as I've done pretty much since College ended and I lost interest in finding new music. If I end up getting an unlimited plan through Sprint when my Verizon contract is up then I can see this being super valuable, I'll end up listening to so much more music.

Does anybody here have both iTunes Match and Apple Music? How do songs through iTunes Match work when you have the Apple Music subscription? I know there's a separate tab for Match iTunes. Do they get sent straight to the iCloud Music Library (add to iCloud) or are they done separately (but appear together)?

Apple Music Match isn't working well for me so I'm wondering whether there really is any differences to iTunes Match.

cjp

Beats 1 Radio personalizes radio more than the automated music we hear on radio. it takes radio back to when a DJ was chosing the music as per their taste rather than some guy in the desk somewhere who might have the best music taste and might just pick something from the top 10 billboards.

i see the service as like choosing web browsers. I think from what I have heard and seen Apple Music has a bigger collection of music and don't be surprised if artists and labels move into more exclusive deals with Apple Music and away from spotify. Its not going to be for everyone but I think this will heavily disrupt Spotify growth

In fairness, there's still plenty of stations that fill that need. At least, there is in the UK.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
But I pay for iTunes Match and I do want that functionality, as I use iTunes at home, at work, and on my phone. Won't turning off iCloud Library kill that function?

turning off iCloud Music Library is actually what you want. That let's you use Apple Music identically to Spotify, and leaves "My Music" as literally your own collection. The caveat being that you can't add music from Apple Music to My Music (you get an error popup that says you need iCloud Music Library turned on to do that)
In fairness, there's still plenty of stations that fill that need. At least, there is in the UK.
in metro america (or clear channel america as we like to call it) there aren't a ton.. it's near awful. In milwaukee I'd say there are three genuinely DJed stations.. the rest are clear channel-like genre crap.

I guess the first day "OMG Spotify is dead it might as well not exist anymore" stuff is finally subsiding now that people realize Apple Music isn't really so much better.

I'll probably keep using it for the free trial but if you're on a student plan or something with Spotify, I definitely wouldn't give up the discount for Apple Music.

Fry

Uggh, there are some songs that I can find in the iTunes store but can't play them on Apple music.

Convenient much?

I was just listening to the Pure Pop radio and if I click the 3 dots and then the part above "start station" with the song name, artist name, and album it took me directly to the album page for the song that was playing and on that page there are links to more songs and albums by that artist and recommendations for other things you may like based on that song/artist.

Edit: Just tried it on "Indie Radio" and it worked the same way.

Burger

Does anybody here have both iTunes Match and Apple Music? How do songs through iTunes Match work when you have the Apple Music subscription? I know there's a separate tab for Match iTunes. Do they get sent straight to the iCloud Music Library (add to iCloud) or are they done separately (but appear together)?

Apple Music Match isn't working well for me so I'm wondering whether there really is any differences to iTunes Match.

This is from Macrumours. Hard to believe Apple could make something so complicated:

“Now, in order to understand why Apple Music does not replace iTunes Match 100%, you need to understand this.

1.- If you buy songs from the store, those are yours forever, plus they will forever be in the cloud. You can download them multiple times, delete them, modify them, etc. The stuff everyone already knows.

2.- With iTunes Match, you are paying Apple $25 for them to rent you a space in the cloud for a year, AND (as the name says and most people forget about) you are paying Apple to match your songs to what they already have on the iTunes Store and only upload what's not in there, by doing that, you can delete your original copies and actually download a fresh high-quality copy from the store itself.

Here's the most important part... Some people do not care about this functionality, they only care about renting a space in the cloud. But some other people use this to upgrade their whole library and delete their original low-quality copies, and the cloud stuff as an added bonus.

Of course, to receive a fresh copy from the store, you need to own a copy of the song somehow (either legally or illegally, that's another story) but you need to somehow own a copy of the song to match it, that's the most important thing about Match (duh).

However, if you do not renew your subscription, your matched and locally downloaded songs will remain with you forever, free of DRM, of course, you will lose the cloud functionality, that's the big advantage of actually buying the songs, but the actual downloaded copies will remain in your library forever.

3.- Apple Music does offer cloud functionality, matches your songs and uploads the rest, but... It doesn't give you DRM-free files, it gives you .m4p files, so your matched music won't remain with you forever, and even if you keep paying for Apple Music they are only protected AAC files, not regular AAC files, plus, iTunes Match matches songs from the iTunes Store, Apple Music matches from the Apple Music catalog only, so if you upload some songs of The Beatles, they won't get matched, they will get uploaded, as The Beatles are not in Apple Music's catalog, but they are in the regular iTunes Store.

[So, if you are still reading this, the point is... If you just care for iTunes Match solely for the cloud capabilities, you can ditch it right now, as long as you pay for Apple Music your music will be in the cloud. However, if you actually want to keep your files forever, and upgrade the files you already own (either legally or illegally, again, that's another story) you should keep iTunes Match as it complements Apple Music.

Plus, if you try to add a song from Apple Music to Your Music... If you bought the song from the iTunes Store OR if you matched it with iTunes Match, Apple Music won't allow it, it will recognize that you already own that song, that it is already in your library, so if you decide to download it for off-line listening, it won't give you an AAC protected file, it will give you a regular DRM-free file. That's the big difference between Apple Music cloud service and iTunes Match, but the cloud is the same, it just got renamed, iTunes Match is an extra, optional feature, they are not separate clouds, only one. Hence the "iTunes Match complements Apple Music" sentence.

Last thing... If you have Apple Music + Match, and you add an album or a track from Apple Music to Your Music, let's say... "Uptown Funk" and later on you decide to buy the song elsewhere, or somehow you got a copy of the song, and you upload it, it won't allow you to do it. It will detect that you already have the song and won't match it... So you are stuck with the DRM-file...

To avoid this, you need to delete the song from your music, (also deleting the offline copy if you downloaded it) and then add the copy you've got, and THEN upload it to the cloud, that way it will recognize it as a song you don't have in your music and finally it will let you download a DRM-free copy.

That way, when you go to the album or track in Apple Music, it won't let add it to Your Music, there won't even be an option to do so, as it recognizes that you already own the song... So to have a DRM-free copy you must delete the Apple Music copy first, it is not automatically done... It's a complete mess.”

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/itunes-match-is-not-dead-do-not-ditch-it-yet-read-this.1896651/

Enco

Yea the RAM issues are making this completely unusable.

I'll use Spotify for now until a patch comes along.

Wreav

Banned
I was just listening to the Pure Pop radio and if I click the 3 dots and then the part above "start station" with the song name, artist name, and album it took me directly to the album page for the song that was playing and on that page there are links to more songs and albums by that artist and recommendations for other things you may like based on that song/artist.

Edit: Just tried it on "Indie Radio" and it worked the same way.

Thank+you+for+the+worst+comparison+i+ve+seen+today+comparing+_714dd67e82c116826d039d6aeda47716.gif

Thanks for that, wasn't obvious at all to me.

HUELEN10

God, those were 15 hours of sleep I needed; time to update this thread. My iTunes is almost done uploading things, but there are some problem files. If any of you are having issues, sit tight; I'm working on a guide. Remember, at least for me, the goal is to have your entire music collection, all in one place. We can do that.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
They themselves never promised that. The wording they always used was "Apple Music library," not "iTunes Library". Other publications misreported it

?

The first thing that I did when I signed up for the trial was check if I could listen Joe Hisaishi Ghibli soundtracks or the Pokemon OSTs. Neither were available.

This is from Macrumours. Hard to believe Apple could make something so complicated:

“Now, in order to understand why Apple Music does not replace iTunes Match 100%, you need to understand this.

1.- If you buy songs from the store, those are yours forever, plus they will forever be in the cloud. You can download them multiple times, delete them, modify them, etc. The stuff everyone already knows.

2.- With iTunes Match, you are paying Apple $25 for them to rent you a space in the cloud for a year, AND (as the name says and most people forget about) you are paying Apple to match your songs to what they already have on the iTunes Store and only upload what's not in there, by doing that, you can delete your original copies and actually download a fresh high-quality copy from the store itself.

Here's the most important part... Some people do not care about this functionality, they only care about renting a space in the cloud. But some other people use this to upgrade their whole library and delete their original low-quality copies, and the cloud stuff as an added bonus.

Of course, to receive a fresh copy from the store, you need to own a copy of the song somehow (either legally or illegally, that's another story) but you need to somehow own a copy of the song to match it, that's the most important thing about Match (duh).

However, if you do not renew your subscription, your matched and locally downloaded songs will remain with you forever, free of DRM, of course, you will lose the cloud functionality, that's the big advantage of actually buying the songs, but the actual downloaded copies will remain in your library forever.

3.- Apple Music does offer cloud functionality, matches your songs and uploads the rest, but... It doesn't give you DRM-free files, it gives you .m4p files, so your matched music won't remain with you forever, and even if you keep paying for Apple Music they are only protected AAC files, not regular AAC files, plus, iTunes Match matches songs from the iTunes Store, Apple Music matches from the Apple Music catalog only, so if you upload some songs of The Beatles, they won't get matched, they will get uploaded, as The Beatles are not in Apple Music's catalog, but they are in the regular iTunes Store.

[So, if you are still reading this, the point is... If you just care for iTunes Match solely for the cloud capabilities, you can ditch it right now, as long as you pay for Apple Music your music will be in the cloud. However, if you actually want to keep your files forever, and upgrade the files you already own (either legally or illegally, again, that's another story) you should keep iTunes Match as it complements Apple Music.

Plus, if you try to add a song from Apple Music to Your Music... If you bought the song from the iTunes Store OR if you matched it with iTunes Match, Apple Music won't allow it, it will recognize that you already own that song, that it is already in your library, so if you decide to download it for off-line listening, it won't give you an AAC protected file, it will give you a regular DRM-free file. That's the big difference between Apple Music cloud service and iTunes Match, but the cloud is the same, it just got renamed, iTunes Match is an extra, optional feature, they are not separate clouds, only one. Hence the "iTunes Match complements Apple Music" sentence.

Last thing... If you have Apple Music + Match, and you add an album or a track from Apple Music to Your Music, let's say... "Uptown Funk" and later on you decide to buy the song elsewhere, or somehow you got a copy of the song, and you upload it, it won't allow you to do it. It will detect that you already have the song and won't match it... So you are stuck with the DRM-file...

To avoid this, you need to delete the song from your music, (also deleting the offline copy if you downloaded it) and then add the copy you've got, and THEN upload it to the cloud, that way it will recognize it as a song you don't have in your music and finally it will let you download a DRM-free copy.

That way, when you go to the album or track in Apple Music, it won't let add it to Your Music, there won't even be an option to do so, as it recognizes that you already own the song... So to have a DRM-free copy you must delete the Apple Music copy first, it is not automatically done... It's a complete mess.”

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/itunes-match-is-not-dead-do-not-ditch-it-yet-read-this.1896651/

I see, thanks. The reason I asked were none of my 1 hour/100mb mixes (which are way under the upload limits for matching) are being uploaded. The upload thing spins and then it reverts back to Waiting or says error. So it seems like trying out Match won't yield any more success.

Ambitious

Just updated iTunes. For some reason, it keeps duplicating my playlists.

For instance, I've got a smart playlist called "Best" which filters all songs with a rating of four or more stars. Sometimes, a standard playlist called "Best1" shows up. But sometimes, it's a smart playlist too. Sometimes, they're duplicated several times, as in Best1, Best2, Best3, etc.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
yeah starting to understand how exactly iTunes Match is "complementary". It IS way confusing... but I'm guessing Apple's subscriber numbers for Match are so low (and target audience is so specific) that they just figure those looking to keep both will look into how the two services work together.

I am personally conflicted.. My daughter and I both actually still buy music from iTunes.. and Match has been utterly indispensable in facilitating that.. I do see Music potentially putting an end to buying music(?), but the thought of no longer paying for it and then losing all "new" music.. I wouldn't even be opposed to buying new music still with a Music subscription... but ultimately it comes down to "why???" Everything we are on are Apple devices.. so with a Music subscription there is absolutely no immediate need for the m4a files.

Part of the problem is that I never really used Spotify. My daughter does but only the free version with the limited access that comes with that, hence why she still buys music (i.e. direct instant access). So now that we have a service/sub with instant and direct access to songs on all of our devices, it becomes a hard sell to actually buy new music.

edit - just so I'm not going crazy.... can others verify that if you have a Match subscription, it "copies" that library over to Apple Music, right? All I did was turn on Apple Music and iCloud Music Library and all of my cloud songs are still there.

I am curious, if I cancel my Match subscription, then say 4 months later cancel Apple Music and re-sub to Match, will my previous Match library still be there? That would be awesome.

God, those were 15 hours of sleep I needed; time to update this thread. My iTunes is almost done uploading things, but there are some problem files. If any of you are having issues, sit tight; I'm working on a guide. Remember, at least for me, the goal is to have your entire music collection, all in one place. We can do that.

I read the Steve Jobs biography recently. I'm not an Apple fanboy and I don't worship Steve Jobs or anything but from reading that biography, and learning about how he thought things should be designed, I can only imagine how disappointed (and furious) he'd be that some user on the Internet has to write a guide for people who don't understand how to use the latest product.

yeah starting to understand how exactly iTunes Match is "complementary". It IS way confusing... but I'm guessing Apple's subscriber numbers for Match are so low (and target audience is so specific) that they just figure those looking to keep both will look into how the two services work together.

So I'm still a bit confused. What is it that Apple Match does that Music doesn't?

I'm a Match subscriber at the moment.

Here's one really confusing thing. The same album shown in the Store tab, and shown in the "New" (whatever that means) tab. One has the option to add to my library, the other doesn't. I don't understand why these are two different pages with two different sets of functions, but with the exact same album.

Uc7L3bZ.png

WiNLe4O.png

Phreaker

So I'm still a bit confused. What is it that Apple Match does that Music doesn't?

I'm a Match subscriber at the moment.

It's in a post a few up. It seems the ability to store your files in the cloud and have it matched the the iTunes Library, and for you to be able to re-download them DRM-free and in high quality.

Thank+you+for+the+worst+comparison+i+ve+seen+today+comparing+_714dd67e82c116826d039d6aeda47716.gif

Thanks for that, wasn't obvious at all to me.

No problem. I think this basically sums up my only problem with Apple Music so far (granted I'm not heavily invested in any other streaming service). They actually built in a ton of functionality and from what I can tell do most of what every other service does, the problem is that they don't make it obvious how to access a lot of that functionality. They buried a ton of playlists in a random place in the New tab, they made the functionality you were looking for getting to an album/artist page way more convoluted than it needs to be. If they can streamline those type of issues, they will eliminate a ton of early complaints about Apple Music.

I guess the first day "OMG Spotify is dead it might as well not exist anymore" stuff is finally subsiding now that people realize Apple Music isn't really so much better.

I'll probably keep using it for the free trial but if you're on a student plan or something with Spotify, I definitely wouldn't give up the discount for Apple Music.

If you're not getting a discount, it's worth the switch though. The Siri integration is nice, Beats 1 is nice, the UI is not perfect but counterpoint to the latest posts in this thread - Spotify is a MESS since they decided their app should be about MOMENTS NOW RUNNING VIDEOS. MUSIC is fifth on the list, and everything is shoved in there? Really?

Here's one really confusing thing. The same album shown in the Store tab, and shown in the "New" (whatever that means) tab. One has the option to add to my library, the other doesn't. I don't understand why these are two different pages with two different sets of functions, but with the exact same album.

The other is Apple Music - stream or add to library while you have an Apple Music subscription.

Ones the iTunes store - Dowload to own DRM free

Yes, it's confusing.

Top Bottom