• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

New app Gaf. Note+ notepad

My first notepad application designed exclusively for Jellybean+ only devices. Lite version is ad supported. If you want to help translate to other languages e-mail me.
Key features:
- Individual note history. Restore to any point in a notes history
- Todo list
- Powerful selection of text tools
- Simple, elegant design
- Auto backup to dropbox, SD card
- Detailed note information
- Folder support
- Priority
- Image support
- Reminders
- Stick to statusbar
- Import / export text files

Lite version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.noteplus
Pro version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.notepluspro

BTW, any of you guys that tried it, can you think of additional tools I can add to that section (note menu>tools) and or the information bit? I tried to think of as many useful things as I could. Also, if anyone wants to help translate send me a PM :)

Merguson

Banned
I got $20 dollars in Google Play credit (Chromecast offer in Canada).. what are the best paid apps/games?

Any recommendations? I'm looking at PocketCasts. I was thinking Swiftkey but the app is free now.

Thinking of getting Hitman GO as well.

thenexus6

I got $20 dollars in Google Play credit (Chromecast offer in Canada).. what are the best paid apps/games?

Any recommendations? I'm looking at PocketCasts. I was thinking Swiftkey but the app is free now.

Good choices, pocket casts is one of my most used apps. Awesome podcast app.
Swiftkey would've been a definite one, now its free get it anyway - theres a lot of nice themes for free too. I would like Hitman GO too just waiting for a sale!

What kind of stuff are you into?

Merguson

Banned
Good choices, pocket casts is one of my most used apps. Awesome podcast app.
Swiftkey would've been a definite one, now its free get it anyway - theres a lot of nice themes for free too. I would like Hitman GO too just waiting for a sale!

What kind of stuff are you into?

I'm open to any paid apps. I already have Wolframa Alpha and Lux auto brightness. I probably should avoid games for now.. I still have a bunch from the Humble Bundles. Still getting Hitman GO though.

Reminds me I have a ton of credit on Amazon app store...

Renoir

Yeah, awesome update from Swiftkey.
So its free.. you can get themes now..
But the fact that its free leaves me skeptical that its gimped some how.
Nothing missing or weird?

I was bearing with swipe for the longest because of how pretty it is and how it meshes nicely with my theme.

Accoun

From Amazon I got Minecraft (didn't had it and when I got it, it gave back half of the price in coins), Dodonpachi Resurrection (Espgaluda 2 was unavailable for me), SwiftKey (yeah...) and one other game.
There was also Raiden Legacy, but I'm out of coins now, so maybe next time...

New lockscreen notifications app

Echo

Just downloaded it. I'm all in favor of trying new lockscreen notification alternatives. I'll let you know in a day or two how she goes.

...aaaaaand its deleted.

This is like the third lockscreen replacement app that cannot get one simple rule right....... Wake the screen when I get a notification...... THEN TURN THE SCREEN OFFFFFFFFF.

How hard is this. So if I'm out of the room you're just gonna leave my screen on because I got a notification. No thanks

New app Gaf. Note+ notepad

My first notepad application designed exclusively for Jellybean+ only devices. Lite version is ad supported. If you want to help translate to other languages e-mail me.
Key features:
- Individual note history. Restore to any point in a notes history
- Todo list
- Powerful selection of text tools
- Simple, elegant design
- Auto backup to dropbox, SD card
- Detailed note information
- Folder support
- Priority
- Image support
- Reminders
- Stick to statusbar
- Import / export text files

Lite version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.noteplus
Pro version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.notepluspro

Updated with a few new tools.

1) If you place the cursor on a word you can now look up the word in a dictionary or get other information such as synonyms, antonyms, rhyming words etc

2) Obfuscation > disemvowel

Renoir

I've found Peek to be really awesome as well

Peek was iffy.. it was never constant. Sometime it sense that i pick up the phone. other times it didn't. AcDisplay has a minimal message on screen, and a timer. If u don't check the notification within that time the screen goes back to black.
Great so far.

did you try AC display?

ACDisplay isn't bad. It is definitely better than Echo.

I don't like that I have to touch the screen to see what the notification is with ACDisplay.

With NiLS, it shows me the notification without having to press and hold an icon.

So back to NiLS it is.

Renoir

So ...
is there a browser as good as the Asop one with the radial menu button?
Im really just looking for a browser with the pie controls really.
The screen on phones are big now, and its annoying to make that reach to press the back button.

So ...
The screen on phones are big now, and its annoying to make that reach to press the back button.
I used this for a while before ending up just rooting my galaxy s3 and installing the real deal. This is a very good port of the original one on ICS before Google dumped it for chrome.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beansoft.browserplus

The above link doesn't work on jb.

This one might also work...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.virifi.android.quickbrowser

Renoir

New lockscreen notifications app

Echo

Just downloaded it. I'm all in favor of trying new lockscreen notification alternatives. I'll let you know in a day or two how she goes.

I've found Peek to be really awesome as well

Peek was iffy.. it was never constant. Sometime it sense that i pick up the phone. other times it didn't. AcDisplay has a minimal message on screen, and a timer. If u don't check the notification within that time the screen goes back to black.
Great so far.

This has been one of my biggest problems with Android, there really isnt any lockscreen notification app that are worth a damn, its the only thing I miss from my iPhone, why cant no one just make something like IntelliScreen for Jailbreak iPhone, it was perfect :(

intelliscreenx_by_laugend-d4onw99.png

All I want is for my Notifications to be shown grouped by apps, when I clear all notifications from an app, then the group dissapears completly.

Just tried Echo... the screen turns off for me, but the notifications doesnt seem to be in sync with the pull down menu, so If I dismiss a notification in the pull down menu of android, it doesnt dismiss in echo... huge fail :(

Yeah, I've tried them all, even the ones mentioned above.

I tried GoLocker over the past few days. Tons of theme/layout options but only the default theme supports notifications.

It was the second best I've tried.

I went back to NiLS. Nothing else comes close to it.

adelante

So ...
Habit Browser... Best Android browser imho, customizable radial menu rocks on my Note 3.

sarcastor

does anybody else have a problem with Facebook not hiding stuff? I keep hiding my friends' posts and FB ads - I even mark them for spam but every time I go back to Facebook the posts reappear. And the ads :(

For example here's the exact same ad I marked as spam 4 times in one afternoon on my Moto G:

BHKndbn.jpg

vdlow

Hey gaf, made this if anyone wants to check it out

Around the world is a simple, elegant world clocks application for Android.

- 578 Time zones to choose from
- Widget
- Colors

Lite version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.worldclock

Pro version (no ads):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.worldclockpro
So... congratulations. You already have the best World Clock app. But I think that providing another widget choice would make it even better.

The current widget is nice, I really stared at it for some moments because it's beautiful to see the transitions. (lol)

But I think that a widget with a list of all your saved timezones would make sense. Think of something like the Google Keep widget. If there's not enough room for all the items, than you can just scroll the list and see the other items.

But as a first version, it's amazing. Congratulations. I'll leave a review on Play Store really soon.

So... congratulations. You already have the best World Clock app. But I think that providing another widget choice would make it even better.

The current widget is nice, I really stared at it for some moments because it's beautiful to see the transitions. (lol)

But I think that a widget with a list of all your saved timezones would make sense. Think of something like the Google Keep widget. If there's not enough room for all the items, than you can just scroll the list and see the other items.

But as a first version, it's amazing. Congratulations. I'll leave a review on Play Store really soon.

Thanks! Yes I will definitely be adding more widget types :)

Is ZPlayer pretty much the highest recommend music player for Android? I've been using the Amazon MP3 player app for a while now but I'm not digging the newest update and I'd like to switch to something else.

AnkitT

Is ZPlayer pretty much the highest recommend music player for Android? I've been using the Amazon MP3 player app for a while now but I'm not digging the newest update and I'd like to switch to something else.

I've been using shuttle for a good while now and it really seems to get the job done with local media.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man, my fitness pal is sure taking their sweet-ass time releasing a fix for Fitbit integration! Anyone heard anything? They made an initial statement then fell silent as a tomb!

They must have really screwed the pooch to be taking so long.

thenexus6

I use Double Twist, its pretty good. Shame to unlock all features its £8 or whatever, however I already use pocket casts for my podcast use.

roTVbTB.png

Hey gaf, made this if anyone wants to check it out

Around the world is a simple, elegant world clocks application for Android.

- 578 Time zones to choose from
- Widget
- Colors

Lite version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.worldclock

Pro version (no ads):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.worldclockpro

New update:
Added a date preference in settings where rather than show date next to time it will display as something like Today, yesterday, tomorrow and hours behind/ahead. See screenshot:

thenexus6

On instagram in video it fails to focus I get red in my focus box every time. In photo mode its fine and goes green as it should. Any ideas?

On instagram in video it fails to focus I get red in my focus box every time. In photo mode its fine and goes green as it should. Any ideas?

Instagram on Android is horrible :(, I have the same problem as well as shit picture quality.

I usually focus on Photo mode and then switch to video, what phone do you have? Im on a Note 3.

thenexus6

Instagram on Android is horrible :(, I have the same problem as well as shit picture quality.

I usually focus on Photo mode and then switch to video, what phone do you have? Im on a Note 3.

Nexus 5, yeah the app in general is pretty poor. I take photos via camera and upload but would just be easier with video so I can time it better and have the ability to stop and start recording.

leng jai

Is my Instagram the only one that fails to give you notifications half the time? Also, why is still still no sound for them?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Kinda pissed. A week and a patch later and the Fitbit caloric adjustment is still fucked on My Fitness Pal. Seriously, wtf?

Top Bottom