• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

jokkir

What launcher is everyone using nowadays? I'm using Google now launcher, but I miss customisable icons... :-(

Google Now Launcher + Xposed GEL Settings + Unicon

B3aMmxw.jpg
siAvfhq.jpg

Groof

Hm, I forgot about the xposed framework stuff. Is it hard to do? I'm on Cyanogenmod Btw.
All you do is install the xposed framework app and that's it, you're ready to roll. Through that app you then install extensions which is the same as installing regular apps. It's so painless it almost seems too easy.

Angst

All you do is install the xposed framework app and that's it, you're ready to roll. Through that app you then install extensions which is the same as installing regular apps. It's so painless it almost seems too easy.
Install via recovery or is it an apk?

Groof

but root is needed afaik

I may give it a try, i like GEL launcher, but some customization would be nice.

I've read you can only half disable the google search bar though :/ it is really shitty
Yeah you have to be rooted. And with xposed gel settings you can disable the search bar or have it only pop up on the Google now screen. It's great.

terrier

Yeah you have to be rooted. And with xposed gel settings you can disable the search bar or have it only pop up on the Google now screen. It's great.

i've read that you can disable it but it appears again if you swipe left to see google now. Is that true?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Crunchyroll app finally added Chromecast support! And the latest update to the Nova launcher has added the OK Google to work with your widget on your home screen!

Angst

I've installed xposed framework and downloaded Unicon and installed it. But when I start Unicon it says it needs to move to internal memory and that I should restart it when it closes. But it never closes and when I restart the same message pops up. An even though it says that I'm using custom icons they're not showing up :/

Groof

I've installed xposed framework and downloaded Unicon and installed it. But when I start Unicon it says it needs to move to internal memory and that I should restart it when it closes. But it never closes and when I restart the same message pops up. An even though it says that I'm using custom icons they're not showing up :/
Do you want to skin icons in GEL? Cause if so the money would be better spent on xgels. Proper customization plus better icon pack support.

Alright, had my AT&T Galaxy S4 for a year now and want to look into getting a stock android experience.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to go about doing that? On my current phone. I understand it involves rooting.

Also, is this reversible? Can I restore it back to a stock AT&T Galaxy S4 at some point?

Thanks.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Youtube app was finally updated to include 720p videos over your mobile data! Fucking finally!!!

thenexus6

I downloaded Swype from the amazon app store with some of my free money I got with the GTA SA cheat. Its pretty nice, I was using Swiftkey but got bored with the lack of themes. I wish swype had proper emojis like the stock google keyboard. I tried to find a swype beta to see if that had emoji support but couldn't find nothing.

Edit: Also, I am looking for a new music player. I want something with a nice UI most I see on the sure are pretty ugly. I have used both amazon music player and double twist.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Talon is better than Falcon Pro.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Who has tried both Talon and Fenix? Explain.

I have Talon and Fenix. I prefer Fenix much more due to it being set up pretty much how I expect a Twitter client to be. The settings menu is pretty barebones (especially compared to the plethora in Talon) but the layout is perfect, to me at least. It's no Tweetbot for ios (which is the best third party client out there) but it is the closest I have found. I could say nice things about Talon but I'm not going to. I found it to be not to my liking out of the box. After wading through the settings menu I was able to make it work how I like but too much fighting with flashy shit just turns me off. The thing that finally turned me away from Talon was the bug (?) where a pic would show up as a twitter link and, when clicking on the link, would not let me back out of the viewing menu....could not find a way to fix that.

yyzjohn

Banned
Yeah, Fenix is great. Dropped Falcon Pro like a bad habit.

Why do you like Fenix better than Falcon Pro? I'm a big lists user in Twitter and I haven't found a client easier than Falcon Pro to access your saved lists. A simple swipe left and you have them. How does Fenix compare?

New app Gaf. Note+ notepad

My first notepad application designed exclusively for Jellybean+ only devices. Lite version is ad supported. If you want to help translate to other languages e-mail me.
Key features:
- Individual note history. Restore to any point in a notes history
- Todo list
- Powerful selection of text tools
- Simple, elegant design
- Auto backup to dropbox, SD card
- Detailed note information
- Folder support
- Priority
- Image support
- Reminders
- Stick to statusbar
- Import / export text files

Lite version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.noteplus
Pro version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fluffydelusions.app.notepluspro

It should autosave if there is new text automatically. Will also look into that swipe to delete. :)

Thanks!

Just tried it again. Opened the app, hit the pencil, typed some text in the body, and backed out to the main screen. It then showed my text file. I opened it, but nothing was in there. I then typed a few letters, pressed the checkmark, and it saved.

Sorry I'm being picky!

Thanks!

Just tried it again. Opened the app, hit the pencil, typed some text in the body, and backed out to the main screen. It then showed my text file. I opened it, but nothing was in there. I then typed a few letters, pressed the checkmark, and it saved.

Sorry I'm being picky!

Hm weird worked for me just now. just made a new note put some text in...never hit the checkmark and just hit back button and it saved the text. It won't save the note if there is no text in the body. Did you do anything else?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
SwiftKey has an update where they've added a store where you can buy new themes. Each them are $1, while a pack of 5 themes will cost you $3. Not only that, but there's about 6 themes that are free right now that look really good IMO.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I had paid for the app, so I think that's the reason why the themes were free. Not sure. Maybe someone who had the free trial can clarify if they also received free themes.

thenexus6

So I just looked on my phone "Premier pack" £2.99 - FREE

"Thank you for being a loyal user, we are giving you 10 premium themes for free"

They are pretty nice, I recently switched to Swype because I was tired with swift keys limited themes, time to switch back!

They are .69p per theme, or £1.99 for packs of 5. There are also a few random free ones.

Edit: FINALLY emoji suport! Its a little laggy but whatever at least its there

Top Bottom