• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Updated this today with a bug fix but also changed the UI some

Clipboard admin is a clipboard manager for Android. The application runs in the background saving all copied text into an SQL DB for later viewing and/or modification. A system tray icon is enabled for easy access while also displaying your most recent entry.
Features:
- Sort via alpha, oldest, newest, modified date
- Create and sort by favorites
- Export to SD
- Edit/delete clipping
- Copy existing clippings
- Add custom clippings
- Delete entire db in one go
- Backup/restore db
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...WZmeWRlbHVzaW9ucy5hcHAuY2xpcGJvYXJkYWRtaW4iXQ..

Forgot to post this the other day but I updated a few days ago with the following changes that got requested:

- Settings>copy preference
- Sort>favorites only
- Folder support (per request)

Easy_G

Shuttle Music player. You're welcome.

I love it. Great app. It's nice that it's a standalone and doesn't try to integrate with stores or streaming or anything. It just plays music very well.

I have a question. How do I use the YouTube app? When in the app I can find videos, but I can't figure out how to go to the next video once it is done playing (for instance when there are a series of videos). I can do that through the mobile page of youtube, but then I lose out on the proper full screen because the videos don't play in the native app.

Kansoku

I have a question. How do I use the YouTube app? When in the app I can find videos, but I can't figure out how to go to the next video once it is done playing (for instance when there are a series of videos). I can do that through the mobile page of youtube, but then I lose out on the proper full screen because the videos don't play in the native app.

Use Viral. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Mata.YTplayer

Calcaneus

Has anyone else been having issues with the Chrome app? For at least a few months now I've been having old pages from my deleted history randomly show up in my search bar. And now, every time I tried to leave the app for a second and return all my open tabs would be replaced with old ones I already closed. I've deleted and re-downloaded the app multiple times and it just keeps happening again. For everything else chrome has been just fine but I'm ready to dump it.

I'm on a S3 btw.

Has anyone else been having issues with the Chrome app? For at least a few months now I've been having old pages from my deleted history randomly show up in my search bar. And now, every time I tried to leave the app for a second and return all my open tabs would be replaced with old ones I already closed. I've deleted and re-downloaded the app multiple times and it just keeps happening again. For everything else chrome has been just fine but I'm ready to dump it.

I'm on a S3 btw.

Seems ok here

Petrie

Banned
Maybe an odd question, but what the hell.

I love almost everything on Android, but each time I go back to the iPhone/Ipod Tocuh, I'm reminded how much I prefer the podcasts app to anything I've found on Android. The presentation and such on it is just better. Is there a similar app on Android or is everything functional but without the aesthetics of that app?

Blackhead

Redarse
Maybe an odd question, but what the hell.

I love almost everything on Android, but each time I go back to the iPhone/Ipod Tocuh, I'm reminded how much I prefer the podcasts app to anything I've found on Android. The presentation and such on it is just better. Is there a similar app on Android or is everything functional but without the aesthetics of that app?

Pocket Casts

I think the Apple podcast app is useless fwiw

thenexus6

^ When I first switched from iOS to Android I threw me having to pay for a podcast app, but after getting pocket casts I never regretted it. Way better than the iOS default one.

I was wondered if such an app exists...

To transfer files between my phone (Nexus 5) and my macbook wirelessly. I take a photo and want to upload it to various places via my laptop. I normally just email it to myself as I can't be bothered to plug in my usb cable. Is there an app I can install on both my phone and computer?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
^ When I first switched from iOS to Android I threw me having to pay for a podcast app, but after getting pocket casts I never regretted it. Way better than the iOS default one.

I was wondered if such an app exists...

To transfer files between my phone (Nexus 5) and my macbook wirelessly. I take a photo and want to upload it to various places via my laptop. I normally just email it to myself as I can't be bothered to plug in my usb cable. Is there an app I can install on both my phone and computer?

AIRDROID

shit is godlike!

http://www.airdroid.com/

Faith

thenexus6

Epic, thanks bros

image.php

Izayoi

Banned
What do you guys use for a weather app? I'm looking for one with hourly forecasts and a premium version so I don't have to deal with ads.

VoxPop

What do you guys use for a weather app? I'm looking for one with hourly forecasts and a premium version so I don't have to deal with ads.

How often do you guys look at the weather to warrant paying for a sub?

I feel like the built in weather apps / eye in sky / etc are perfectly fine

genjiZERO

Is there an app that will keep the bleeding screen from turning on when it's finished charging? I have a Galaxy S5

Preemptive responses:

Never screen sleep turn of or whatever it's called is already turned off.

I can't just turn it off because I need to have the phone open in case someone needs to get in touch with me.

I can't leave it in another room.

I just straight up need to disable this "feature".

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is there an app that will keep the bleeding screen from turning on when it's finished charging? I have a Galaxy S5

Preemptive responses:

I can't just turn it off because I need to have the phone open in case someone needs to get in touch with me.

It doesn't stay on does it? Is it coming on briefly really that much of a problem?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yes, it wakes me up and is really annoying.

Maybe it's not possible, but if it is I'd like to disable it. I've searched the net and can't really find anything

Sounds like your only chance is some Tasker magic. But I am not brilliant enough at Tasker to know how you would accomplish it.

terrier

hi !
Do you guys know of any app that has a monthly calendar widget like samsung's touchwiz one?
I've tried several calendars but found nothing. I like google calendar widget but app layout is a bit... weird, i've never liked it very much

Preemptive responses:

gonna need root.

Preemptive responses:

I lay the phone down on its face next to me when I sleep to avoid being woken up by the screen. If you don't have a case that protects the screen, lay it on a napkin.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I use Yahoo weather, since I love the look of the widget. One thing though is that the widget doesn't auto refresh, which bugs me because it used to work.

Top Bottom