• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

dark_chris

I think Simple Calendar is what you want. Its just a widget though, not a calendar app. I am using Business Calendar and its pretty simple:

pP7Ku.png

Thanks for stating which one this is. I LOVE Business Calendar now.

tino

Banned
"This item cannot be installed in your device's country."

I am pretty sure it doesn't work on any custom rom. It don't wirk properly anyway. It counts the same order twice.

I have found an app call shiprack that does what I need. With google mail automatic forwarding, everything work seamlessly. Any email with "tracking number" in it will be forward to shiprack and it will figure out the tracking.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey, what is a good Twitter app? I'm using Plume but man I HATE the look and you have to tap like three times to get to links sometimes. Bleh. Need something that works with Tweetmarker though.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Hey, what is a good Twitter app? I'm using Plume but man I HATE the look and you have to tap like three times to get to links sometimes. Bleh. Need something that works with Tweetmarker though.

Boid Beta looks great. Tweetmarker support is coming very soon.

soultron

Banned

I'm wondering this too. The actual Twitter app's UI blows, IMO. Worse still is that Tweetdeck seems to be a resource hog. I've had less lockups and slowdown now that I've uninstalled Tweetdeck. It's a shame because I really liked Tweetdeck's UI and the widget.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Plume is the best. It's not great but it's the best out there. Right now, anyway.

Just tap and hold the tweet. It should pop up with the link.

I'm looking for a way to playback music through my receiver while using my phone to control the play list. Is it possible to stream audio from my phone over wifi to my receiver or PC (I have access to my music library through audiogalaxy) or is there a music app that I can run on my desktop that has a good client interface for Android?

Edit: well it looks like there's a bunch of the latter. Anyone have any recommendations for servers / clients?

Salsa

bought my phone back, yay

anyway, since im starting from scratch: has anyone used Link2SD? is there any advantage on using it if your phone is rooted? I mean does it copy the whole app to the external storage or what?

Salsa

update: Link2SD is a must if you have low internal memory. Basically copies everything but a shorcut to your SD, so you get tons of free space. Awesome.

Mr_Zombie

bought my phone back, yay
Did you find your old phone or buy a new one, similar to that old one?

update: Link2SD is a must if you have low internal memory. Basically copies everything but a shorcut to your SD, so you get tons of free space. Awesome.

Does it really copy the whole app or does it work like in Android 2.2+ where only a part of the app (sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller) is moved to SD?

Salsa

Bought the same one from an ebay-like site. It's clearly been used (I noticed one small dust particle under the screen (my previous phone got two in there, hah)), but it was cheaper and its in great condition.

Does it really copy the whole app or does it work like in Android 2.2+ where only a part of the app (sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller) is moved to SD?

Im not even entirely sure what it does, but I can say that it does NOT do the same thing as 2.2, this thing saves some massive space. I installed a ton of apps wich I had no way of installing before at the same time and my free space keeps being consistent.

What's even better, since the shorcut is still on the phone memory instead of the SD, you can use widgets just fine.

FillerB

Hey GAF, are there any good alternatives to SMS Unread Count? I'm currently using it but I don't really like the red bubble thing and would much rather replace it a custom image. Doesn't have to show how many unread messages/missed calls there are, just that they are there. Ideally it would be something like the insanely crappy mockup below. Only less insanely crappy.

jY7h1wIBCVzCK.png

Is there an app or widget I could achieve this with?

Salsa

I use SMS Go for texting and it does its own thing with unread counts, but its pretty similar to the red bubble you mention..

Salsa

Also, have a quick question: how is there no Check-in widget for Foursquare? as in, a widget that basically consists of a check-in button that I just need to press to let friends know where I am

It's so simple..

womp

Man, the new G+ update is horrible. I can't just scroll through my stream now because the big, USELESS 'Flipboard like', stretched and blurry thumbnail pics only allow 2-3 posts per screen and no post previews to boot.

This new update just isn't functional whatsoever. WTF Google? I do however like the side menu options when you tap on the stream icon and the hangout options are great.

Glad I backed it up before updating, time to downgrade. Total bummer. Sucker seemed to eat more battery power too. Needs some tweaking.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

It moves all the app files that you want in the SD card and create a redirecting link (symbolic link) in place of where the files are supposed to be. The OS will open the files normally without knowing that they are stored elsewhere.

tino

Banned
It moves all the app files that you want in the SD card and create a redirecting link (symbolic link) in place of where the files are supposed to be. The OS will open the files normally without knowing that they are stored elsewhere.

What happen if the app gets an update, does it go back to the memory?

Vic

What happen if the app gets an update, does it go back to the memory?
I'm not really sure about how the process works when updating.

I would guess that the app that needs an update moves back to the internal memory then back again in the SD card.

Damaged

I bought this thinking it was a live wallpaper. Jokes on me. Now, my question is why isn't this a live wallpaper? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Ditto, also a little miffed that none of the widgets are scaled for my note but that could be my fault for buying a massive phone lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Ditto, also a little miffed that none of the widgets are scaled for my note but that could be my fault for buying a massive phone lol

To hell with that, I have a Galaxy Note as well, greatest phone ever made, don't regret it for a second. I use the Go Weather live wallpaper and i looked at this and drool, but its a damn app only.

GaussTek

Hey guys, I'm looking for a Twitter app that can sync (unread tweets) with a PC Twitter client (Win).

I've discovered Tweet Marker, however, the only Windows client that supports that (Nymphicus) is just awful.

Not even Tweetdeck or Seesmic can do that.

Any other suggestion or I'm screwed?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Is there any decent app to handle profiles directly from the home screen in ICS? I really would like that since I need to change profiles a lot and I don't see anything from the market for 4.x :[

Vic

Is there any decent app to handle profiles directly from the home screen in ICS? I really would like that since I need to change profiles a lot and I don't see anything from the market for 4.x :[
Llama will do the job.

tino

Banned
I am watching video and browsing GAF at the same time. So awesome.

I am astonished I can do this on a 3 year old HD2 (with Stickit video).

7299859248_1ae8f096cc_o.jpg

jokkir

Looks like Swiftkey 3 beta has been updated:

This new Beta has:

Improved prediction algorithms
Better, more consistent punctuation key behavior
Smarter Smart Space functionality (which will make it easier to enter email addresses etc)
A refined experience in Google Chrome Beta
Fixed missing predictions on the longpress of @ and .com
Improved gestures
Eliminated lag on letter pop-ups
Various other minor bug fixes and usability improvements

Download:
http://www.swiftkey.net/updated-swiftkey-3-beta-now-available

Woven Photo Viewer

Enjoy all your treasured pictures together with Woven, a delightfully simple photo viewing app. Woven gathers your photos from online sharing services - Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, and many others - and brings them together on your iPhone or iPad for a fun viewing experience.

> Link online sharing sites like Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, and many others to create a single, master collection of your pictures. Add the sharing site account of a friend, roommate, or loved one to see their photos, too.
> Swipe through your pictures in a timeline with Woven's touch interface. Then, zoom into a specific picture for a larger view.
> Browse your pictures when and wherever you like. You don't need Wi-Fi or an Internet connection once the app is set up.
> Sign into your Woven account and enjoy the same photo collection on many popular ereaders, smartphones and other tablets. Visit our website for details.

iavi

Hey guys, I'm looking for a Twitter app that can sync (unread tweets) with a PC Twitter client (Win).

I've discovered Tweet Marker, however, the only Windows client that supports that (Nymphicus) is just awful.

Not even Tweetdeck or Seesmic can do that.

Any other suggestion or I'm screwed?

I've been looking too, but no luck. Worse thing is: Tweetdeck has you sign into an overarching account - for fucking waht? it's not as if it syncs anything.

Top Bottom