• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

r1chard

Just started using Twitter recently and I'm using TweetDeck.

should I check out any other clients?
After trying out most of them I use TweetDeck on my phone but ended up buying Plume for twitting on my tablet. IIRC the TweedDeck app didn't put multiple columns on the wider tablet screen or something similarly ludicrous.

tino

Banned
This foldersync is amazing. With multiple sugarsync and box.net accounts support, I now pretty much have unlimited space online. It has tasker support too.

Best 3 buxs I ever spent.

54-46!

I created some wallpapers prior to getting my Xperia Sola (480x854) but turns out the wallpapers stretch in a 1:1 window..

So, is Wallpaper Wizardrii any good?

Edit: apparently not.

stupei

I'm sure this gets asked a lot, but what's the best way to manage notifications when listening to music? I've heard decent things about Tasker, but also that it can be intimidating to get started with.

Guys.....

Is there a Twitter widget out there that I can pin to the home screen that will take up the ENTIRE home screen and display as many tweets as possible?

The official one is awful and displays only a handful and TweetDeck doesn't have a widget at all?

Cheers!

popeutlal

Anyone know the name of the app that allows one click batch restore with a free version of Titanium Backup? I can't remember the name, saw it in the market few months ago.

xxczx

I should really stop using Chrome Beta since I get this awful bug that doesn't show the page, just either black screen or white (going to tabs shows that the page loaded just fine) and I have to close the tab and load it again.

What other browsers do people use?

SimleuqiR

Can you pleeease break that down, what widgets etc...?

This app has no Widget (yet)

This app will allow you to…
• Track and compare your achievements with your LIVE friends
• Change up your 3D avatar
• Message your Xbox LIVE friends
• Edit your LIVE Profile

My post has the link embedded in the image (not as apparent I guess).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Would have been nice if it could have used ICS conventions, but it doesn't look half bad so I'll let it slide.

Dwayne

Is there an Android alternative to AppShopper? I use AppShopper on my iPhone to keep track of priced apps that have gone free, would be great to do the same on Android.

adam.chance

Neo Member
Could someone recommend me a rom/kernal for my ATT Galaxy SII? I have been on Cyanogenmod 7 for a while now and I want to move to ICS. I care the most about battery life and stability. It scares me to post on xda
KuGsj.gif

Fatalah

I'm curious to try a new browser, besides stock Gingerbread. I've always been partial to Opera Mobile, but who leads the browser war now? Dolphin HD still?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm curious to try a new browser, besides stock Gingerbread. I've always been partial to Opera Mobile, but who leads the browser war now? Dolphin HD still?

Well, Chrome, but if you're on Gingerbread, then yeah probably dolphin. Heard good things about Boat Browser though.

Missing Person

Neo Member
For photography, I like Cymera (free). Think a better version of Instagram, as it allows for a decent amount of on the fly image manipulation far beyond the filters Instagram allows, as well as cropping beyond just a square box. App wants you to register for Cyworld, but not required to use it, it's just annoying when it asks you to log in every time you boot up the app. (I already had an account, so it was whatever for me)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm amazed at how bad the official facebook app is. The thing is a major resource hog, buggy, slow and drains battery like crazy.

ridiculous, for a company that's basically oozing money from all its orifices yet they can't get a simple app right. fuck that company. they are making a cellphone last I heard, maybe that's why they purposely make this app so shitty.

kehs

Banned
I'm amazed at how bad the official facebook app is. The thing is a major resource hog, buggy, slow and drains battery like crazy.

ridiculous, for a company that's basically oozing money from all its orifices yet they can't get a simple app right. fuck that company. they are making a cellphone last I heard, maybe that's why they purposely make this app so shitty.

The lose money if people visit their data without seeing ads. They don't care about free mobile apps.

Error

The lose money if people visit their data without seeing ads. They don't care about free mobile apps.

but if I access the site using a mobile web browser there are no ads, it's basically the same shit as the app except it's faster and it isn't as taxing on the phone.

even their messenger app is shit, if I want to see who is online I have to send a message first. So bad.

I shouldn't be surprised, the site runs like shit nowadays too. I wish google+ was more popular so I could drop facebook, alas I'm stuck with it because no one cares about google+

facebook on webos is amazing.They should copy that.

tino

Banned

It's not just slow and sucks battery, it simply doesn't work. I uninstalled it and use email notification and http://touch.facebook.com now. Half of my browser can handle the desktop facebook site just fine.

Error

It's not just slow and sucks battery, it simply doesn't work. I uninstalled it and use email notification and http://touch.facebook.com now. Half of my browser can handle the desktop facebook site just fine.

It's want I'm doing now, and my cellphone appreciates it (battery lasts much longer now). I'm not constantly uploading pics into the site or anything, so I'm not a heavy user. The web version is more than sufficient to me.

I just find it weird how an official app can be so bad.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I do like that in the last update or so, it now blinks a blue LED notification on my GNex. It's a nice touch.

But yeah, the app is really slow and kludgy to use.

There is something about playing Grand Theft Auto 3 that was such a monumental impact on gaming back in PS2 days that is now a $.99 app for my cell phone (at a higher HD resolution and smoother IQ no less!) as an adult is kind of surreal.

Mr_Zombie

Does Facebook drain battery even when it's not active?

It constantly works in the background, so yes.
As funkystudent said, use Friendcaster. The only drawback of the app is that it can't access posts that your friends set up as private. Other than that, it's better than the official app on every level.

Top Bottom