• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

AndyD

aka andydumi
And once you use it in google maps, it will be under recent routes on the phone. No need to even send it I think. Ill test it out.

mj1108

Since I manually downloaded and installed the Chrome beta APK, rather than installing it from the Market (it's not available in Sweden), I'll have to manually update it when there's an update, right? If so, will installing the new version over the old one simply update it, or will it overwrite it and my settings?

Yes you will need to manually update it using the newest apk if it's not in your market.

gcubed

You can map a route on your PC in google maps and send it to yourself. Then navigation will take care of it.

It doesn't navigate though. I can follow my route but not get turn by turn. Not safe to be following closely on a motorcycle, want it to navigate my route.

There are $40 options. Cheaper than a motorcycle GPS I guess

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, you are right. It will navigate to the destination, but not navigate a custom route with waypoints. Interesting.

gcubed

Hmm, you are right. It will navigate to the destination, but not navigate a custom route with waypoints. Interesting.

It would be the ultimate free navigation system if it did. I have a headset that I can hear turn by turn and would love to use the phone instead of a 600 weatherproof GPS

SimleuqiR

Google Docs Android App updated:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/collaborate-and-edit-anywhere-with.html

We also updated the interface to make it easier to work with your documents on the go. For example, you can pinch to zoom and focus on a specific paragraph or see the whole document at a glance. We also added rich text formatting so you can do things like create a quick bullet list, add color to your documents, or just bold something important.

SimleuqiR

android_50gb_promo_blogv21.png

http://androidandme.com/2012/02/new...-users-along-with-update-and-tablet-giveaway/

Might actually bite.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.box.android

zbeeb

i dont know if these have been mentioned...

Astrid tasks got an update. New interface, tablet/ICS compatability. works really really good!

Baconreader is an awesome reddit app - really smooth interface.

kehs

Banned
What are you guys using for bills/budget planning. I prefer stufd that doesn't require access to my accounts, it's more cumbersomb but more secure.

Onavo Extend

9b8ans.png

√ Get as much as 5X out of your Android’s data plan
√ Traveling? Save up to 80% when roaming

Onavo Extend lets you get more out of your data plan, so you can do more web browsing and apps, consume more music, video and photos on 3G without breaking your data cap.
After you install Onavo Extend you can go back to using your phone or tablet as before. In the background, data usage from all apps and web browsing is compressed so that you do more with your Android’s mobile data month after month. And, if you travel abroad with your phone, the money you save could be substantial.

OS note: Onavo Extend is only supported for specific ICS devices.

Quixzlizx

Does DicePlayer work on an OG Transformer, or is a Tegra 3 required? I've read that it can't handle MKVs due to hardware limitations.

Also, is File Expert out of favor?

Doopliss

Looks like you can get the Ceberus (anti-theft app) license for free:
http://www.redmondpie.com/best-anti-theft-app-for-android-cerberus-reaches-100k-downloads-free-paid-licenses-for-all-limited-time-only/

Until the end of this month.
This seems pretty good, I especially like that you can install it as a system app that will remain installed even after a data wipe/factory reset (only flashing a different ROM can get rid of it).

There's a nice write-up about it at androidpolice.

pr0cs

1) ADW Launcher EX is not free
2) Is there a good, scrollable RSS widget that works on stock ICS?

Not sure if this would work for you but I really like the Wizz widget that has a GReader scrollable widget that works on ICS.
Not sure if the GReader widget is part of the premium features that cost money though, worth a try IMO. The widget alone is worth the cost of entry for the timeline widget.

Top Bottom