• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

According to Meltzer this morning, WWE sees Corbin as a bigger future star than Braun at this point. They want to push him big.
This kind of makes sense

Braun, as a monster, is near perfect right now and more entertaining to watch

I think Corbin has potential to be more well-rounded though as a character, more than just "big guy who hurts people"

I think Stroman works in his simplicity of BIG MAN SMASH GRRRAAAAAH

orioto

Good Art™
KO needs a lot more of those. When he started in NXT he was ruthless. Mean bastard KO is much better than comedy coward KO. Nice to see an edge back.

It can be nice but the evil foreigner seems like such a waste for him..
I think they are really trying anything to kill his face reaction.

At least, it could be good if that means making him evil foreigner have him real heat, so he can be strong in the ring. Versus being half heel like in RAW and having to do nothing in ring to lower the fans.

But i'm a little worried by all that.
Squashing a local jobber and being a cocky foreigner seems like a downgrade and the gimmick where you end being ridiculed and a loser.

njean777

Corbin could be good, he just needs new pants (honestly the fuck is WWE thinking with those green throw up looking pants).

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

At least, it could be good if that means making him evil foreigner have him real heat, so he can be strong in the ring. Versus being half heel like in RAW and having to do nothing in ring to lower the fans.

Squashing a local jobber and being a cocky foreigner seems like a downgrade and the gimmick where you end being ridiculed and a loser.
Owens is too good in ring. It takes drastic measures to make him get.a heel reaction. it does seem they want him to get a heel reaction at the expense of what makes him great.

Jopie

Hoping it turns in to more 'KO is an asshole' and less 'evil foreigner' that is true. I just don't want to go back to "KO runs from a fight" when my favorite thing about him at first was being a prize fighter who beat Sami senseless.

orioto

Good Art™
Aleister Black is who they want Corbin to be but actually good.

To me they both look like random guys who want to look like a wrestler at halloween

Hoping it turns in to more 'KO is an asshole' and less 'evil foreigner' that is true. I just don't want to go back to "KO runs from a fight" when my favorite thing about him at first was being a prize fighter who beat Sami senseless.

Well beating a jobber generally means the guy wants to act tough and pick a crappy opponent to look good, but i hope it's not that in that case.. They just wanted him to do something before the commentary i guess..

DMczaf

Wait....Superstar Shakeup WAS the annual draft because Vince now hates the word "draft" and wanted a WWE verbiage name for it?

o_O

Thats a weird comparison. They are two different characters.
They're both "metal guys", seems like they're going for a more occult thing with Black though. Don't think it's reflected in his character though beyond the entrance and meditation, he isn't conjuring spirits (yet!)

The past two weeks Owens has sounded bored and tired

Like he's adhering to guidelines on how to get heat beyond the "evil foreigner" shit. It's pretty dumb

Unlikable in an annoying way

Tom Nook

Wait....Superstar Shakeup WAS the annual draft because Vince now hates the word "draft" and wanted a WWE verbiage name for it?

o_O

He hates everything.

Hates putting the Roman numeral numbers on Wrestlemania logos
Use superstars not "Wrestlers"
Title not "Belt"

DMczaf

Top Bottom