• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

I just noticed that it looks like njpwworld has switched to html5 video.

puts them way ahead of the wwe network, which still buffers like hell at times.

Suzuki teaming with bushwacker iizuka today

wait, the Network uses Flash?

Yup. I don't allow flash to autorun as it's potentially dangerous, so I always get this if it's flash:

BkWqxz0.png

Finally got to see Shin Godzilla.

Holy fuck. That
atomic breath scene
left me legit shook. This is definitely a top 3 Godzilla movie.

I just can't past the fucking CGI bullshit. It's so fucking awful. It legit feels like a parody with those fucking eyes.

Shin Godzilla was a fun movie
Also, Ishihara Satomi is in it so it redeems any flaws it has

Let me point you to the most popular thing I've ever written, a breakdown of Shin Godzilla: http://50books50movies.tumblr.com/post/155993709099/shin-godzilla-2016

Wow this NJPW event is pretty late, aren't they normally over by now?

Caught the last chunk of that match, good stuff

It was pretty late last night too.

We are on daylight savings here in Australia and it has been throwing me through a bit of a loop trying to get the time of these events right. also edit- it is actually not daylight savings anymore, which is causing my confusion..

edit- Damn, Pikma. Is only 9PM here.

It's convenient for me since it's 6am here, I would've watched earlier if I knew since I've been up for an hour

Versus normally running somewhere between like 2am and 5am

Honest question: Doesn't Fale feuding with Okada make the NJCup completely worthless?

No, the whole storyline was that New Japan and Okada hated Shibata because he left for a rival promotion when NJPW was having problems and slunk back later, so would never give him a title shot by choice - his ONLY chance to get one was to win a tournament.

For anyone else, just laying a beatdown is enough

Pikma

Banned
No, the whole storyline was that New Japan and Okada hated Shibata because he left for a rival promotion when NJPW was having problems and slunk back later, so would never give him a title shot by choice - his ONLY chance to get one was to win a tournament.

For anyone else, just laying a beatdown is enough
Ok that kinda makes sense

But the feud got started as soon as the match with Shibata ended, so I don't think it was planned, plus it is clearly the setup for Okada vs Omega II

Yeah I guess you are right, I tend to think they had more plans for Shibata at the top of the card but that plan has changed. I suppose it is hard to say.

Shibata (and Sakuraba) history with NJPW was definitely a thing in the story. I still think they finally wanted to use him more though.

I wonder what position he would be in now if it wasn't for his unfortunate injury.

Pikma

Banned
Yeah it looked better today for sure.

Poor Ishii, he was pissing out blood there.

Sucks it is my 30th next Saturday and I have to do dinner and shit and will miss that show :(
I'm gonna miss you lol we're the most consistent at this NJPW live commentating thing, along with Excelsior

I'm gonna miss you lol we're the most consistent at this NJPW live commentating thing, along with Excelsior

Haha, yeah. It felt like a while there where we were watching every show each night.

I feel guilty because it airs at a perfect time of night for me here but you guys have to stay up til ungodly hours :(

Naito is the fucking best.

Haha, yeah. It felt like a while there where we were watching every show each night.

I feel guilty because it airs at a perfect time of night for me here but you guys have to stay up til ungodly hours :(

Naito is the fucking best.

Normally the midnight-2am slot is great for me here on the west coast of Canada. Alas been having to go to bed early this weekend

Normally the midnight-2am slot is great for me here on the west coast of Canada. Alas been having to go to bed early this weekend

It is usually 6-9 or 7-10pm or thereabouts for me. I guess our timezones really are pretty different. I'm on the east coast of Australia, about 90 minutes drive north of Sydney.

This has been a pretty damn good match.

Top Bottom