• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

tumblr_ogprbaUlXc1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

Remember when Bayley briefly turned heel?

This has absolutely nothing to do with wrestling, but speaking of buying DVDs or whatever from Japan.

When I was on a crazy shmup binge I got drunk one night and bought a 2 DVD set for $200 USD of a DoDonPachi DFK superplay.

Seems like a stupid thing to do in hindsight.

WWE is doing another tour of Canada and when they announced the Western Canada leg of Edmonton and Calgary it was the Raw crew

Now for BC: WWE rarely comes into Vancouver directly, it usually goes to Abbotsford which is about an hour or so away by Greyhound, due to I think the city charging a lot of license fees to put on live combat "sports". That's changed now for some reason and they are finally doing a show in Van proper... Now given that Edmonton and Calgary which takes place the week prior had been announced as the Raw and that the last Abbotsford show in Feb had been the Smackdown crew I figured Van would be Raw crew as well. Which is fine, but a lot of the Raw crew I wanted to see (Owens, Zayn, Charlotte,
Jinder
) had become Smackdown guys, so I was really only looking forward to Balor and Braun and seeing Bray again.

But.... I was wrong, Van is getting the SD crew which means I get to see: Nakamura, Owens, Zayn, Charlotte, AJ again and
Jinder (maybe)
Live ... And Orton is not announced so no boring Randy! Plus I get to see Becky who wasn't at the last show.

So fuck yes Smackdown Live House show in Van <3

The Japan release is region free, and Funimation is still touring with it: https://www.funimationfilms.com/movie/shingodzilla/

Does the Japanese version have english subs?

This has absolutely nothing to do with wrestling, but speaking of buying DVDs or whatever from Japan.

When I was on a crazy shmup binge I got drunk one night and bought a 2 DVD set for $200 USD of a DoDonPachi DFK superplay.

Seems like a stupid thing to do in hindsight.

lol

did it at least make you a better shoot em up player?

WWE is doing another tour of Canada and when they announced the Western Canada leg of Edmonton and Calgary it was the Raw crew

Now for BC: WWE rarely comes into Vancouver directly, it usually goes to Abbotsford which is about an hour or so away by Greyhound, due to I think the city charging a lot of license fees to put on live combat "sports". That's changed now for some reason and they are finally doing a show in Van proper... Now given that Edmonton and Calgary which takes place the week prior had been announced as the Raw and that the last Abbotsford show in Feb had been the Smackdown crew I figured Van would be Raw crew as well. Which is fine, but a lot of the Raw crew I wanted to see (Owens, Zayn, Charlotte,
Jinder
) had become Smackdown guys, so I was really only looking forward to Balor and Braun and seeing Bray again.

But.... I was wrong, Van is getting the SD crew which means I get to see: Nakamura, Owens, Zayn, Charlotte, AJ again and
Jinder (maybe)
Live ... And Orton is not announced so no boring Randy! Plus I get to see Becky who wasn't at the last show.

So fuck yes Smackdown Live House show in Van <3

Awesome! Hope you have a great time. Sounds like it will be a killer show.

The last WWE show I went to here was an NXT show and it was a lot of fun. Nearly got into a fight with a dickhead yelling racist shit, but overall it was awesome. Tozawa vs Almas is still by far the best match I have seen live. They both went 100% and it was brutal and stiff. Regal got a HUGE pop when he came out and even thanked us on twitter because he expected a heel reaction after the last time he was in Newcastle lol

lol

Haha, nope. That is what I hoped for, it just left me more confused as these guys pulled off stuff I couldn't dream.

I can just be happy that my local friends won't beat my scores. Same with Street Fighter, heh.

I actually got introduced to GAF through a shoot em up forum back in 2009/2010. Might have taken me 6 years to finally make an account, but yeah.

Awesome! Hope you have a great time. Sounds like it will be a killer show.

The last WWE show I went to here was an NXT show and it was a lot of fun. Nearly got into a fight with a dickhead yelling racist shit, but overall it was awesome. Tozawa vs Almas is still by far the best match I have seen live. They both went 100% and it was brutal and stiff. Regal got a HUGE pop when he came out and even thanked us on twitter because he expected a heel reaction after the last time he was in Newcastle lol

Oh Tozawa vs Almas sounds great.

I'm thinking it'll be something like Owens vs AJ (maybe a three way with Zayn thrown in or a four way with Corbin) and Nak vs Ziggler... but we'll see...

I'm also hoping it's Charlotte vs Becky

Thank JEEZUS that Champion Carnival Day 1 airs tomorrow, which means it probably pops up on the Real Hero Archive by Tuesday or Wednesday.

lol

It doesn't have English subs, but you can find them online.

Kaladin

Started digging into some of the territories on the Network and came across Smokey Mountain Wrestling. Their champ was a guy called The Dirty White Boy. He has a match defending against a masked wrestler in mostly all black called The Dark Secret. Wrasslin.

Probably. We have had:

Afro people
But what is black?
Black people always want to claim a black skinned characters forgetting other minorities.

Probably a lot more.

Ask the dude that posted it.

It's like the Royal Rumble of ignorance over there. Timer counts down and then a new person comes in and starts spouting bullshit. Every time I check it's a new name going off on some crazy tangent.

I skimmed the last page of that Splatoon thread. Beefy, I think I'm black now?

RtEmjHJ.jpg

Tall4Life

Well I'm glad wrestling is free from this discussion as it's totally inclusive of minorities, especially WWE, who doesn't just bury them 24/....oh wait, fuck :(

Zach

Does NeoGAF not have a black moderator? You would hope that wouldn't be a must for someone to clean house in that thread, but here we are.

That dude in the inkling thread is one of those dudes who doesn't think your black unless you have one of the three pre-approved black hairdos.

Beefy

Well I'm glad wrestling is free from this discussion as it's totally inclusive of minorities, especially WWE, who doesn't just bury them 24/....oh wait, fuck :(

Least every one agrees that wwe does it though. We haven't had any racist posts in wrasslegaf as far as I have seen.

Syder

Probably. We have had:

Afro people
But what is black?
Black people always want to claim a black skinned characters forgetting other minorities.

Probably a lot more.
It kind of amazes me how off-topic is moderated really well against straight up racist and bigoted shit but people just lose all sense of reality on the gaming side.

Geeeez, black people, stop claiming things... Gosh.. So entitled...

giphy.gif

Top Bottom