• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Beefy

Oh, I thought he said "raisin posts".

giphy.gif

The Inkling thread is a disgrace and really shameful shit. It is depressing to read and see.

WrassleGAF has been criticized for being weird and hard to get into for newcomers for a while now but I have never seen shit like that posted here. There might be a fair amount of eccentric stuff people might not "get" posted from time to time but I really do think the community here is filled with top notch people.

When I have had a shit day and feel like hell, which is admittedly somewhat often, I'm always cheered up by the lovely nonsense that goes on in these threads and the folks posting here.

I am drunk and about to pass out, but cheers, WrassleGAF.

Beefy

The Inkling thread is a disgrace and really shameful shit. It is depressing to read and see.

WrassleGAF has been criticized for being weird and hard to get into for newcomers for a while now but I have never seen shit like that posted here. There might be a fair amount of eccentric stuff people might not "get" posted from time to time but I really do think the community here is filled with top notch people.

When I have had a shit day and feel like hell, which is admittedly somewhat often, I'm always cheered up by the lovely nonsense that goes on in these threads and the folks posting here.

I am drunk and about to pass out, but cheers, WrassleGAF.

This and the BCT are the best communities on here.

Syder

I like that it's an unwritten GAF rule now that every Brexit thread has that Farage gif posted within the first few replies.

Speaking of commentary, how fondly do people look back on Schiavone and Heenan's commentary? Based on Havoc 95 they seem like a pretty awesome team.

The whole period after Hogan kills the giant (lmao), with the confusion and Heenan chastising Schiavone the whole time was great stuff. Compared to these days when "Owen voices" are used for anything and everything, making them have no impact.

Speaking of commentary, how fondly do people look back on Schiavone and Heenan's commentary? Based on Havoc 95 they seem like a pretty awesome team.

The whole period after Hogan kills the giant (lmao), with the confusion and Heenan chastising Schiavone the whole time was great stuff. Compared to these days when "Owen voices" are used for anything and everything, making them have no impact.

I thought they were pretty good together. Although, Heenan did ruin the surprise at Bash at the Beach 96.

I understand that Heenan and Schiavone legit despised each other. Schiavone was Heenan's boss, and according to Heenan was petty as hell.

Tony and Bobby are the greatest commentary team in the history of commentary teams.

I thought they were pretty good together. Although, Heenan did ruin the surprise at Bash at the Beach 96.

That was Schiavone's fault too lol, he kept Heenan in the dark, so Heenan defaulted to his standard heel persona and started insulting Hogan, only this time it turned out to be true

petty dude

Jake The Snake and DLo just opened up a wrestling school 10 mins away from my house

I'm about to become a wrestler

Would you say we're....looking at the real deal now?

I remember staying up late to watch X7 live. The most memorable moments for me are Michael Hayes strutting like a total goon to the sound of crickets in the Gimmick BR, and yet another Rock/Austin main event that even the silly heel turn finish couldn't make interesting.

Seriously, Austin/Rock was done to death at that point.

Plus we also have such classics as Taz & The APA Vs Right To Censor in Da Meltz's first 6* match and a Triple H/Taker match that I remember going on for at least two hours yet the 'E pretends never happened.

As a man who loves Schiavone and Heenan, I dunno about that.

Damn I thought my usage of a Tonyism would have rung clearer...

You know how he'd call basically every Nitro the greatest Nitro in the history of Nitro

My actual vote would be Gorilla and Bobby

Zach

Damn I thought my usage of a Tonyism would have rung clearer...

You know how he'd call basically every Nitro the greatest Nitro in the history of Nitro
Haha. Totally missed it. Probably due to skimming while half-paying attention to this Cena/Orton match. >_>

I remember staying up late to watch X7 live. The most memorable moments for me are Michael Hayes strutting like a total goon to the sound of crickets in the Gimmick BR, and yet another Rock/Austin main event that even the silly heel turn finish couldn't make interesting.

Seriously, Austin/Rock was done to death at that point.

Plus we also have such classics as Taz & The APA Vs Right To Censor in Da Meltz's first 6* match and a Triple H/Taker match that I remember going on for at least two hours yet the 'E pretends never happened.

Done to death? It was only their third PPV match (as Main eventers) against each other in history and their first in almost 2 years.

Top Bottom