• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Beefy

Guess what thread...

I think the OP started at A and jumped straight to Z by assuming the characters represent 'black' ethnicity.

Sometimes I sit and wonder why people drag colour in. This is one of those times and there really is no need. Imaginary Cephalopods being used to represent an ethnicity doesn't fit right and I don't understand those saying they will play them due to this representation. Before this thread I never associated the inklings with any race, why would I?

Forced representation is just as bad as none. Life isn't a Benetton advert. Games shouldn't be treated as one.

giphy.gif

Tall4Life

There's also another person saying a character can't be black if they have blue eyes.....

Best be telling my bro he aint part of my fam.

holy shit

i joined GAF so I could post on Gaming side, but now I'm 99% in OT and OTC. With that thread, yeah I'm pretty happy about my decision.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Just got back from my first ever wrestling show. Think I made a good choice, went to Progress. Just all really good stuff, though the standing tickets have killed my legs now. Fantastic atmosphere, helped by all the people leaving.

Didn't hate any of it. Thought the women's match was meh, and the no 1 contender seemed off. I dunno, seemed sloppy compared to everything else. Maybe it was just me. Willing to give women's match benefit of doubt as I think both of them are quite green.

Main event was decent, man Trent plays off the crowd so well. Best match was of course the Riots/SPPT for obvious reasons. Place went ballistic for the kiwis and it stayed like it all match. Everyonr went all out, got a good view of one of the riots getting ruined by TK. Nice speech from Dhalia and TK at the end. Man, sort them some visas for somewhere. I don't care if they have to go WWE bound, TK by himself is too good to waste.

So can I have a Travis Banks title shot now, or do I have to run the London Marathon like the Pastor to make it happen?

Beefy

Just got back from my first ever wrestling show. Think I made a good choice, went to Progress. Just all really good stuff, though the standing tickets have killed my legs now. Fantastic atmosphere, helped by all the people leaving.

Didn't hate any of it. Thought the women's match was meh, and the no 1 contender seemed off. I dunno, seemed sloppy compared to everything else. Maybe it was just me. Willing to give women's match benefit of doubt as I think both of them are quite green.

Main event was decent, man Trent plays off the crowd so well. Best match was of course the Riots/SPPT for obvious reasons. Place went ballistic for the kiwis and it stayed like it all match. Everyonr went all out, got a good view of one of the riots getting ruined by TK. Nice speech from Dhalia and TK at the end. Man, sort them some visas for somewhere. I don't care if they have to go WWE bound, TK by himself is too good to waste.

So can I have a Travis Banks title shot now, or do I have to run the London Marathon like the Pastor to make it happen?
Glad you had a good time man.

Glad to hear you had a good time!

***4/23/2017***
18034244_10155034404290042_8664628917511638860_n.jpg

GI Joe Wrestling just recently learned that Alberto Del Rio has arrived to the Gi Joe Arena, and has declared himself the uncrowned Gi Joe Neo Gaf Intercontinental United States Western Europe Hardcore Strong Style Television Champion of the Univeral World and has issued an open challenge to Neogaf...He had this to say..

"HHH es un coño. Soy la mejor. Le ganará a cualquier persona del mundo. ¿Quien atreve a desafiarme? Ponerla en perrito pequeño!"

Who will accept ? Subscript today for only $0.99 a month and find out...

lmao

adr got the robot chicken smile

Glad you enjoyed it for the most part! I don't know what's up with the women at PROGRESS at the moment, I think the 1 match a show limit with the tournament has hurt the reactions a lot of them get, fans are kinda sitting on their hands, and there's a shortage of vets in general in the division. I know they can all go, Pro Wrestling EVE is putting on great shows in a cool little venue if you want to explore the women's graps. Wish they'd get some streaming going, people need to be watching them.

In addition to the Kiwis leaving, Axel Dieter had his farewell as he's off to the Performance Center, and Paul Robinson announced he's essentially retiring due to a blood condition. Emotional day all round.

Glad you enjoyed it for the most part! I don't know what's up with the women at PROGRESS at the moment, I think the 1 match a show limit with the tournament has hurt the reactions a lot of them get, fans are kinda sitting on their hands, and there's a shortage of vets in general in the division. I know they can all go, Pro Wrestling EVE is putting on great shows in a cool little venue if you want to explore the women's graps. Wish they'd get some streaming going, people need to be watching them.

In addition to the Kiwis leaving, Axel Dieter had his farewell as he's off to the Performance Center, and Paul Robinson announced he's essentially retiring due to a blood condition. Emotional day all round.

Yeah, that sounds like the token Daizee Haze vs. Sara Del Rey or Allison Danger from the 2005-7 ROH days or their really poor attempt at Women of Honor from a couple of years ago. One match a show isn't enough.

Menome

Menome's Big Prediction:

Jinder Mahal is going to win the title through screwy means, so as to be a placeholder champion for Orton to rack up another notch.

Call my hotline on 1-800-NO-FILTH for more details.

Menome's Big Prediction:

Jinder Mahal is going to win the title through screwy means, so as to be a placeholder champion for Orton to rack up another notch.

Call my hotline on 1-800-NO-FILTH for more details.

I pray Jinder wins the title, a heel that doesn't get cheered endlessly by the marks, what a breathe of fresh air

Moodmon

Neo Member
I'm guessing a lot of talent is in the WWE tournament. Losing the likes of Nixon Newell isn't great. I could have called a mile off both
Jinny and Laura
being in the women's final though. Dhalia is gone as well. I don't know if they need more time or more imports or what.

In other terrible news Eddie Dennis has got new music. Good news is I got to hear his old music live one last time.

I do have a question. Timothy Thatcher was with Ringkampf. Is he German, and why do I feel I have read his name here before?

Jamie OD

I'm guessing a lot of talent is in the WWE tournament. Losing the likes of Nixon Newell isn't great. I could have called a mile off both
Jinny and Laura
being in the women's final though. Dhalia is gone as well. I don't know if they need more time or more imports or what.

In other terrible news Eddie Dennis has got new music. Good news is I got to hear his old music live one last time.

I do have a question. Timothy Thatcher was with Ringkampf. Is he German, and why do I feel I have read his name here before?

Tim isn't German but his wrestling style and character is custom made for what Ringkampf was in wXw.

The Progress women's division is definitely becoming a too little too late situation unless they start booking more women. The women's scene over here isn't as replenishable as the men's scene.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I don't have a problem with them swerving everybody and giving an unlikely person a title match, but Jinder is bad at wrestling. I don't even know what his finisher is.

Am I correct in assuming that the reason Jinder is getting a push is because of the WWE deal in India (that and Vince still has a massive hard on for big, muscular guys)?

klonere

Banned
Ok, let's just have endless storylines of wrestlers with zero heat and no one really caring who wins the match, just as long as there are enough high spots and it's fast paced enough to maintain the indie crowd attention

The only thing stronger than a typical WWE viewer's urge to get themselves over is insane jingoism and latent racism.

Bronx-Man

Banned
"People talk about Eva Marie, so she's over"
"People talk about Roman, so he's over"
"People talk about Jinder, so he's over"

You guys do not know when to just let memes be memes.

Jinny and Laura

Tim isn't German but his wrestling style and character is custom made for what Ringkampf was in wXw.

The Progress women's division is definitely becoming a too little too late situation unless they start booking more women. The women's scene over here isn't as replenishable as the men's scene.

It should pick up after the finals, I hope. (Which are next month, so not long). There is good talent still around that haven't been snatched up, and there's always the import budget.

Top Bottom