• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Zach

Is there any good resources out there for narrowing down PPV worth my time or not? I know you're all going to post Zach's GRADEZ, but looking for a list via WON or something.

Ah forgot about that site. I'm mainly hoping to avoid the most garbage fire PPV's like 2016 & 2017 Fastlanes and Payback

I started a thing at work because this is totally the type of workplace time-waster that I enjoy, but then I got tired of all of the rebranding. I thought these people were masters of branding?! Why is this necessary?! Why are there so many Vengeances/Night of Champions?!

Anyway, I may do some more tomorrow. >_>

reporter/anouncer for NXT

13414348_251064611939444_1828242405_n.jpg
Oh. Well. Damn.

Caderfix

I seriously can't believe that they did not have him at RAW at all to try and sell the PPV.
It would be nice if someone backstage said "you know what....this Strowman guy...we can work with him. We have wasted too much time with Reigns."
And Strowman goes over.

That one person backstage would get fired on the spot.

I started a thing at work because this is totally the type of workplace time-waster that I enjoy, but then I got tired of all of the rebranding. I thought these people were masters of branding?! Why is this necessary?! Why are there so many Vengeances/Night of Champions?!

Ahhhh yeah. Vengeance 2005 was a damn fine show.

Hasney

They should incorporate the Brits Into NXT instead of a show that will have less viewers than 205 live

Why? The matches are reportedly going to take place at other promotions so it's not like they're footing the bill for putting on the production and the figure those promotions were reportedly getting for doing this was real low, the talents will be paid by the promotion putting on the match and the Network needs #content. Seems to work out well for the WWE.

Tom Nook

December to Dismember 2006 was so fucking awful. Well deserving of that score. Replaced Sabu with Hardcore Holly? Fuck that!

Anth0ny

the three british guys should do an invasion angle on nxt, then move on to main roster

Of course they'd be called The British Invasion, have British jokes and puns in their scripted promos, and enter from the ramp like any other jabroni on the roster.

Hasney

the three british guys should do an invasion angle on nxt, then move on to main roster

Of course they'd be called The British Invasion, have British jokes and puns in their scripted promos, and enter from the ramp like any other jabroni on the roster.

Also they hate America because reasons.

Maybe tea.

Why? The matches are reportedly going to take place at other promotions so it's not like they're footing the bill for putting on the production and the figure those promotions were reportedly getting for doing this was real low, the talents will be paid by the promotion putting on the match and the Network needs #content. Seems to work out well for the WWE.

Well there's the "UK Championship Live" tapings coming up that WWE are running.

Besides, WWE would absolutely be paying the guys, not the promotions. WWE paid the guys in the CWC qualifiers, and paid for every Brit that worked Axxess to travel to Orlando

Hasney

Well there's the "UK Championship Live" tapings coming up that WWE are running.

Besides, WWE would absolutely be paying the guys, not the promotions. WWE paid the guys in the CWC qualifiers, and paid for every Brit that worked Axxess to travel to Orlando

Weird. Did the ICW and such like deals fall through? You'd think we'd have heard something by now.

The difference between the CWC Qualifiers and the UK thing is they already have those WWE contracts so they're already paying them for that, so if the match was on an ICW show and just shown on the Network, that would be ICW paying them on top of their regular WWE deal. Obviously be different if they're flying them out somewhere or now just running WWE branded shows.

Pikma

Banned

An invasion angle, on the main roster, three not very tall men with average physiques

Yes. I bet Vince would allow it to work

Pikma

Banned
Weird. Did the ICW and such like deals fall through? You'd think we'd have heard something by now.

The difference between the CWC Qualifiers and the UK thing is they already have those WWE contracts so they're already paying them for that, so if the match was on an ICW show and just shown on the Network, that would be ICW paying them on top of their regular WWE deal. Obviously be different if they're flying them out somewhere or now just running WWE branded shows.
Vince changed his mind it seems, and now the timeframe isn't ideal with the UK show tapings beginning and the Women's Tournament not so far ahead so who knows if it'll still happen in the future

Ithil

The other Tough Enough (the Yeti one) winner got released, also without ever making TV. That leaves only Daria, Mandy and Patrick Clark remaining from that crummy season.

Well NXT needs some star power and British strong style could be a good heel faction. Also the demand for more WWE programing has to be low why not do the audience a solid

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
It's the best way of keeping your $ safe

Lmao I have nothing against British Strong Style, in fact I love them but have you seen their physiques? Vince would treat them like shit, plus they are not very good at cutting WWE promos, at least not yet.

I dont think any of the three are as exciting to see in the WWE as, say, Saturn (the lowest of the four from the Radicalz), but still curious to see how the entire UK stuff plays out.

It's the best way of keeping your $ safe

Lmao I have nothing against British Strong Style, in fact I love them but have you seen their physiques? Vince would treat them like shit, plus they are not very good at cutting WWE promos, at least not yet.
Dunne could kill it. He's the total package of them all.

Menome

The other Tough Enough (the Yeti one) winner got released, also without ever making TV. That leaves only Daria, Mandy and Patrick Clark remaining from that crummy season.

Hey, he made it to the Royal Rumble.

Last year.

And made no impact at all.

Top Bottom