• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Whose first appearance on Monday Night Raw was worse:

Apollo in a promo with Titus

Kalisto getting literally thrown in the trash

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Matt slipping into the broken voice juuuuust a little bit is pretty good. Keep the dream alive.

somedevil

Since the Hardys are the ones being sued and suing, it's probably their choice.

Doesn't help that impact sent a desist letter to cable providers for when they were on a ROH pay per view getting one of the providers to drop it.

edit: Plus WWE kinda of set the precedent when they went after WCW for Scott Hall using the accent and the tooth pick when he debuted.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Since the Hardys are the ones being sued and suing, it's probably their choice.

I'm thinking they're building up to the gimmick coming back instead of just blowing it on "hey he's broken."

ReiGun

To be fair, if you continually take out the guys in the division people care about, then why even have the division? Guys like Neville and Aries and Gallagher are great for the division because they are actually getting it over.

I recognize that. I don't want them to torpedo the whole thing. But as it is, the division is functioning as a ceiling when it doesn't really need to. They've got like 20 Crusierweights but most don't get any chance to get over because their division gets two segments on Raw and a one hour network show.

You spread the guys around - especially the ones who are actually over and really good like Neville and Gallagher - it might drum up more interest. Or maybe not. But it sucks that these dudes don't get more chances to show their stuff.

Matt becoming broken again seems to be the path eventually I would think based on his social media stuff, but I cannot trust WWE to get that right when they do it.

DMczaf

jghbv-anim.gif

I recognize that. I don't want them to torpedo the whole thing. But as it is, the division is functioning as a ceiling when it doesn't really need to. They've got like 20 Crusierweights but most don't get any chance to get over because their division gets two segments on Raw and a one hour network show.

You spread the guys around - especially the ones who are actually over and really good like Neville and Gallagher - it might drum up more interest. Or maybe not. But it sucks that these dudes don't get more chances to show their stuff.

NXT would be the place to do this (in fact, it's been done), not the main roster.

You spread the guys around - especially the ones who are actually over and really good like Neville and Gallagher - it might drum up more interest. Or maybe not. But it sucks that these don't get more chances to show their stuff.

Again, to be fair, the women managed to get way more over with the same amount of time on TV (and without a Network show yet). But it did take a while. So I'd say just give it time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Which would be better.

I'm 50/50 on if they'll do it.

I mean, the intrigue behind the scenes on the gimmick builds up a bunch of anticipation for when it happens AND introduces to the majority of fans who have never watched a second of TNA.

Honestly, the wrestling community is weird like that. There was a HUGE reaction to Styles coming out, but I don't know that I buy that just because that event was near where TNA was taped everyone was really familiar with AJ Styles and TNA, its just that some stuff reaches meme status. Same with Nakamura being absurdly over when they introduced him despite the fact I find it hard to believe the average wrestling geek actively watches NJPW.

Top Bottom