• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

cordy

Banned
That's why RAW Talk sucks compared to Talking Smack; heels are still heels on Talking Smack but faces can be themselves.

Roman is a nice guy and showing that off on RAW Talk doesn't really work when his character is a forced good guy that walks line but everyone hates with passion.
Yeah like if heels show up guaranteed it wouldn't be as legit as it could. Imagine if Corbin showed up on Raw Talk. It would suck.
How Is Renee Young going to do talking smack and raw talk? I thought she went to smackdown to be with Dean.
They've been having her do both since they started it and it's always brought up at the next Talking Smack as something she's forced to do.

Ithil

Then why did you endorse someone as the big merch mover, knowing he's nowhere near even top 2 in any category, including comparing to the guy you're saying he's better than?
I was talking about NXT, where he was for two years as the top guy and more or less had NXT's merchandise division created with him as the foundation.

On that note, though, consider the following, since people want to being up merch and Reigns so much:

Roman has been given the biggest most sustained superpush in the history of the WWE for three years with everyone else being depushed under him. He is currently a distant number two behind Cena, and has been outdone by Ambrose and the New Day at times, and KO too at some point. That's with all of WWE's tricks with pushing merch on people, too.

Finn had a big push on his debut, but overall was on TV for a month before getting injured and missing eight months. Yet you look at Axxess or wherever and just from that time there was already a load of Demon and Balor Club merch to be seen, and WWE very eager to market it.

Now what do you think will happen if Finn is a heavily pushed babyface for the next few years on RAW, doing his Demon shtick on PPV shows?
I think HHH has figured since early on that WWE are sitting on a goldmine with Finn, much like Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio were.

Paracelsus

As for the merchandise thing

When CM Punk was red hot and started to outsell the John Cena merchandise, I know people that work in the company in the merchandise department, I know people that work the arenas and sell the merchandise, and I can tell you exactly what WWE did: as soon as John Cena started getting outsold by CM Punk, they made 3 additional John Cena designs, they refused to make a second CM Punk design and they started undershipping the CM Punk design on purpose. For every CM Punk shirt they would ship to the arena, they would triple John Cena shirts and they would do 3 John Cena designs. So every 10 shirts in the arena, if 9 are Cena, only one is Punk. Punk is going to sell out right away because they didn't send enough and at the end of the night they're going "Oh John Cena quadrupled Punk's merchandise." Of course he did! Because you've purposely created a situation where it would be impossible for CM Punk to outsell John Cena.

We've told the story on the show before, years ago at Wrestlemania when WWE was struggling. It's Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the main event going 60 minutes, people are leaving during the main event, you can check the video tape. People are leaving during the main event of Wrestlemania, and Hall and Nash have both told me that Vince said that night that he would rather have a half full arena cheering for the guy that he says to cheer for than a full arena cheering for whoever they want.

---^

Anyone else find it strange that we didn't get a farewell to Undertaker?

I'd say expect it at the HOF

Would be stunned if they held an induction past next Mania. Alternative to getting it out of the way in '18 would be waiting for the next TX Mania, and who knows when that'll be

Toki767

I'd say expect it at the HOF

Would be stunned if they held an induction past next Mania. Alternative to getting it out of the way in '18 would be waiting for the next TX Mania, and who knows when that'll be

Guessing Goldberg isn't getting in next year if Undertaker is. Or vice versa.

Ithil

Punk said everything already, the other wrestlers just confirm it.

2K "we want Punk for the cover" WWE "eeh, no you don't, you want Sheamus"

In this case the difference between Punk and Finn is I think it's safe to say WWE will actually want Finn to move numbers.

yoooooooooooo the Mortal Kombat films are on Netflix

ReignsHatersGAF, I understand you avoid classics, but to everyone else, have a great time and enjoy the show <3

i see hardcore fans hate on ramen for being terrible and vanilla on the mic but yet they cheer for a guy like balors whos just as vanilla if not more who is also been wrestling for 15 years and still is vanilla.

Syder

tumblr_onv7rqolKU1rrkahjo1_1280.png

In this case the difference between Punk and Finn is I think it's safe to say WWE will actually want Finn to move numbers.

Yeah, Finn will get all the chances in the world. Notice he's one of the only guys on the roster who is well under the CW weight limit yet not in the division.

Syder

Roman cut one of the best promos of his career tonight. Definitely one for the Hall of Fame video package.
Won't stop some convincing themselves that "Roman handled it so well".

Yeah, that's exactly what every great talker in wrestling history would've done.

tumblr_onv3yiMygN1rnux1so1_250.gif

All of this means Brock is going to get massively over again after people cooled on him recently.

God knows what's next for Finn, Seth, Joe, etc.

Top Bottom