• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

ReiGun

If Smackdown doesn't get The New Day (which seems super unlikely now since it seems like they may be feuding with The Revival), it's a wrap for that tag division. Might as well retire the belts and send all the teams to Raw.

Watch his post-Raw speech. The crowd booed him but he got them back on his side and love him again. The fans chanted Yes because they hated when he beat Owens for the belt. If you take out a favorite, fans dislike you.
Not like Owens was doing shit anyway. Fuck him and his shitty title reign.

jurgen

all the debuts tonight really makes it hilarious when people say Vince cares about SD as much as Raw because he's at both shows, and no, SD is going to get screwed in the 'shake up' as well.

Considering Roman is likely going to Smackdown in the shakeup, I'd say Vince likes the blue brand just as much.

Balor can't even tie Bryan's fucking shoe-laces. It won't be an ⅛ of an ⅛ of an ⅛ of an ⅛ as good as it would have been with Bryan.

We get it. Another guy isn't your favorite guy.

When you think about his reign he only faced Rollins, Reigns and Goldberg and the entire time he was getting his ass beat. It was trash.
Trash for trash

nls.gif

Evil Emma

<3

Also Balors entire gimmick is designed to be a merch machine. You can sell 2 different toys for regular finn and THE DEMON KANG and then every year you can alter the Demon makeup and sell new merch around that ala Cena's 6 monthg palate change. Dude is going to do just fine

jurgen

Why is that likely? Aren't they foreshadowing him and Brock?

Rumors are that AJ is being traded for Roman.

They can foreshadow Brock for an entire year. They'll take time off from each other and probably pick the feud back up at one of the big PPVs (probably Survivor Series) when both brands are together.

I got the green light mami and you know what that means That we can do anything, anything that you dream I wanna make you ooh, ah, till you scream

Recall

So since March is over this is what I ended up watching during it.

March
1. Day 1 of G1 Climax 1992 (Full Show) - NJPW Aug 6th 1992.
2. WAR presents Super J Cup 2nd Stage (Full Show) - WAR Dec 13th 1995.
3. Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Kota Ibushi (IWGP Intercontinental Title Match) - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 Jan 4th 2015.
4. Super Delfin, Gran Naniwa & Sakie Hasegawa vs. Great Sasuke, Kendo & Mima Shimoda - Michinoku Pro Dec 17th 1995.
5. Kenichi Yamamoto vs. Shinjiro Ohtani - NJPW vs. UWFi Tokyo Dome Oct 9th 1995.
6. Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Naoki Sano - NJPW vs. UWFi Tokyo Dome Oct 9th 1995.
7. Shinya Hashimoto vs. Tatsuo Nakano - NJPW vs. UWFi Tokyo Dome Oct 9th 1995.
8. Keiji Mutoh (c) vs. Nobuhiko Takada (IWGP Heavyweight Title) - NJPW vs. UWFi Tokyo Dome Oct 9th 1995.
9. Shinya Hashimoto (c) vs. Ric Flair (IWGP Heavyweight Title) - NJPW Jul 17th 1996.
10. Ric Flair (c) vs. Genichiro Tenryu (WWF World Heavyweight Title) - WAR Sept 15th 1992.

11. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Heavyweight Title) - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom II Jan 4th 2008.
12. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Title) - NJPW Invasion Attack Apr 6th 2014.
13. Yoshihiro Taijiri vs. Shinjiro Ohtani - NJPW Wrestling World Jan 4th 1997.
14. Ultimo Dragon (c) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger (J-Crown Title) - NJPW Wrestling World Jan 4th 1997.
15. Shinya Hashimoto (c) vs. Riki Choshu (IWGP Heavyweight Title) - NJPW Wrestling World Jan 4th 1997.
16. Hobuhiko Takada (c) vs. Shinya Hashimoto (IWGP Heavyweight Title) - NJPW Battle Formation Apr 29th 1996.
17. Jushin Thunder Liger (c) vs. The Great Sasuke (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title) - NJPW Battle Formation April 29th 1996.
18. Shinya Hashimoto vs. Naoya Ogawa - NJPW Battle Formation Apr 12th 1997.
19. Jushin Thunder Liger (c) vs. The Great Sasuke (J-Crown Title) - NJPW Battle Formation Apr 12th 1997.
20. Kenta Kobashi & Johnny Ace vs. Vader & Stan Hansen - AJPW 25th Anniversary in the Tokyo Dome May 1st 1998.

21. Mitsuharu Misawa (c) vs. Toshiaki Kawada (Triple Crown Heavyweight Title) - AJPW 25th Anniversary in the Tokyo Dome May 1st 1998.
22. Toshiaki Kawada vs. Hiroshi Hase - AJPW Giant Baba Memorial Show May 2nd 1999.
23. Hayabusa, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask vs. Masahito Kakihara, Yoshinari Ogawa & Maunakea Mossman - AJPW Giant Baba Memorial Show May 2nd 1999.
24. Vader (c) vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (Triple Crown Heavyweight Title) - AJPW Giant Baba Memorial Show May 2nd 1999.
25. Jun Akiyama vs. Kenta Kobashi - NOAH Dec 23rd 2000.
26. Akitoshi Saito & Jun Akiyama (c) vs. Tamon Honda & Kenta Kobashi (GHC Tag Team Titles) - NOAH Jun 6th 2003.

All in all March was a fun month of watching wrestling.

As for the merchandise thing

---^

...and as we all know, nobody lies on the Internet.

The actual reason there's more Roman or Cena merch is...people buy it. When they leave the arena, they don't have ant of those shirts left, but they still have plenty of "random midcarder that the Internet loves that week." So, they bring less the next time around.

The last time I was at a house show, was there more Roman merch than anything else aside from Cena? Sure, but there was plenty of AJ, Balor, New Day, etc.

But yup, it's all a myth. Kids and dumb casuals just buy whatever crap the WWE puts in front of them, unlike real discerning wrestling fans.

...and as we all know, nobody lies on the Internet.

The actual reason there's more Roman or Cena merch is...people buy it. When they leave the arena, they don't have ant of those shirts left, but they still have plenty of "random midcarder that the Internet loves that week." So, they bring less the next time around.

The last time I was at a house show, was there more Roman merch than anything else aside from Cena? Sure, but there was plenty of AJ, Balor, New Day, etc.

But yup, it's all a myth. Kids and dumb casuals just buy whatever crap the WWE puts in front of them, unlike real discerning wrestling fans.
Didn't Randy say the same thing or does his word on the subject mean nothing either.

I love how Vince gets cheered and had people bowing to him, they spend all their time booing Roman and any mention of Goldberg and now we have the guy 100% directly responsible for all of it and the worst he gets is.......Roman sucks chants.....you goddamn marks.

Recall

You are on an Internet forum talking about wrestling. Some how marks and smarks is now the term to throw about when you see others you don't agree with yet are watching the same shit as you?

Rumors are that AJ is being traded for Roman.

They can foreshadow Brock for an entire year. They'll take time off from each other and probably pick the feud back up at one of the big PPVs (probably Survivor Series) when both brands are together.

Yep putting Roman on Smackdown makes a logical reason for keeping them apart for most of the year...

Also Roman on Talking Smack should be awesome.

The smarks booed Goldberg 100% because he beat Owens. Yes, they are really that stupid.

That's not stupid, it's acknowledging that they don't want to see the current guys getting run over by the old guard

I love how Vince gets cheered and had people bowing to him, they spend all their time booing Roman and any mention of Goldberg and now we have the guy 100% directly responsible for all of it and the worst he gets is.......Roman sucks chants.....you goddamn marks.
Yep, I don't understand that either and that chant they gave Vince was weak as hell. The whole "we're booing the booking and not the person" excuse went out of the window lol.

You are on an Internet forum talking about wrestling. Some how marks and smarks is now the term to throw about when you see others you don't agree with yet are watching the same shit as you?
you're working yourself into a shoot here, you know what that means......

ReiGun

The only thing wrestling fans hate more than wrestling is other wrestling fans.

Raw was pretty great...

It was one the lower end of Raw after Manias but a great Raw all around, Revival are amazing. and Balor looks crisp as fuck.

Also Owens is going to be a great US Champ

And god damn I never get tried of seeing Brock with a title... everything he does is better with the title involved.

So placeholder Raw (and likely SD) before they shuffle the rosters next week?

I presume AJ on Raw means a feud with Balor involving Gallows and Anderson (a double turn for Balor and AJ would be great but you just know they don't want to leave that sweet DEMON KING money on the table). I'd get used to The Club vs Finn & The Hardyz as a Raw main event for a while...

Nak goes to Smackdown to take Ambrose's IC belt in an attempt to do for that belt what he did for the NJPW version?

Reigns to take on Orton I presume. Bray will disappear back into his comfortable spooky jobber status, now with added spooky 'Life on Earth' ring mat projections.

I guess that's me done with the wrassles until the Rumble then... that Reigns has to win, because he's on the wrong brand to take on Brock otherwise. Ugh.

I wonder if so many wrestling fans being so generally bitter and cynical comes from the fact that it's half a sport half a fictional TV show... Sports fans are fickle and love to shit on their own team when they aren't doing well (problem with wrestling becomes that doing well is highly subjective whereas in other sports it's basically statistics) but can't stop/ won't stop watching their team, going to the games etc... Add in the general why the fuck did they write it like that that TV shows get and you get a recipe for Bitter fans.

I wonder if so many wrestling fans being so generally bitter and cynical comes from the fact that it's half a sport half a fictional TV show... Sports fans are fickle and love to shit on their own team when they aren't doing well (problem with wrestling becomes that doing well is highly subjective whereas in other sports it's basically statistics) but can't stop/ won't stop watching their team, going to the games etc... Add in the general why the fuck did they write it like that that TV shows get and you get a recipe for Bitter fans.
Sounds right. I'm going to continue watching for the forseeable future.

Top Bottom