• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

cordy

Banned
As for the merchandise thing

---^

Yep.

Roman's just the lead guy right now with it. I mean shit this just throws all those Reigns merchandise comments down the drain. I read a report from someone a few weeks ago saying they went to a SDL and they had more Reigns and Rollins stuff there than everyone else. It's not even their brand.

tumblr_onv3yiMygN1rnux1so1_250.gif
Zach in the background trying to look cool

cordy

Banned
Balor's that dude though. He's got the look, he's for the presence, he's got that edge to him, he can go, he'll be fine. I'm glad they've built him up well thus far. Let's just hope he doesn't get injured again.

Oh, and this

AwvnWdW.png

Goldberg's face lmao

Balor is so boring tho. I'd honestly rather have Titus in his spot. At least his failures are entertaining to watch.

URAH URAH URAH

DMczaf

Balor's that dude though. He's got the look, he's for the presence, he's got that edge to him, he can go, he'll be fine. I'm glad they've built him up well thus far. Let's just hope he doesn't get injured again.

Oh, and this

AwvnWdW.png

Goldberg's face lmao

Dadberg gonna whoop that ass

DMczaf

Goldberg can turn a crowd from booing him to cheering for him with 1 unscripted promo.

Yet here is WWE not knowing how to get Roman cheers with a room of 23 writers.

Paracelsus

Holy smokes Enzo the same height as Angle. Dang

He looks a bit taller, actually, Sami Zayn made Angle look like a cruiserweight.

Which makes his career all the more impressive since he used to Angle Slam Mark Henry and beat the shit out of the Undertaker. People always put over Benoit for looking tough with the bigger guys, but Angle was something else imo.

Prompto

Banned

Oh, and this

AwvnWdW.png

Goldberg's face lmao
giphy.gif

cordy

Banned
Triple H rides in on this dope motorcycle as police motorcycles ride down the ramp in front of him, blaring their sirens. This is a circus. The heavy metal music is seeping into my veins. I’m wide-eyed. I stand up. I’m sorry for the all-caps I’m about to hit you with, but THIS IS MAKING ME SO AMPED THAT I WANT TO GO KICK DOWN A DOOR!!!!!

I feel like I’m high.

Seth Rollins is a beautiful man. Triple H is a jacked-up monster.
Amazing.

That Natural Selection "reversal" into the Bank Statement looks like garbage, like it's just botched and no sold

"Oh she ducked it!"

Tagyhag

Honestly, why do they do this "they boo who they normally cheer" thing when it is the exact same reaction they get everywhere?

That's happened before at past RAW's after Manias.

But the only reason they said it now is because they were acknowledging the Roman boos.

That's happened before at past RAW's after Manias.

But the only reason they said it now is because they were acknowledging the Roman boos.

I know they have said it before, I'm just not sure why.

Roman gets boo'd on every show though. They boo and cheer who they always boo and cheer.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Technically they booed Goldberg for some reason

Tagyhag

I know they have said it before, I'm just not sure why.

Roman gets boo'd on every show though. They boo and cheer who they always boo and cheer.

It's because they'll ONLY acknowledge the boos if it's something like "Wow Roman is getting booed? We got unique fans on RAW after Manias! That's the only reason he's getting booed!"

ReiGun

Honestly, why do they do this "they boo who they normally cheer" thing when it is the exact same reaction they get everywhere?

It's hilarious becuase the same people showing up to boo Roman every week also watch at home.

They do this purely to trick kids. The little ones are the only ones who'd buy that crap.

all the debuts tonight really makes it hilarious when people say Vince cares about SD as much as Raw because he's at both shows, and no, SD is going to get screwed in the 'shake up' as well.

And also as someone who never watches Raw I'm fucking blown away at the quick turn on Goldberg...people actually chanting YES at him never being on TV again. I don't know exactly why but I'm 100% sure it's the companies fault.

Syder

"
Roman Reigns is a wrestling god
Finn Balor can't wrestle"

Lol. Thats one of you, aint it
When Brock is inevitably away we're going to see the already done/ruined feud of Roman v Strowman because they won't put Roman up against faces/wrestler that are over like Bálor, Seth, Joe, Sami, etc. NXT/RAW face Bálor isn't perfect but he's a damned sight better than the alternative. Bálor v Brock is probably the closest we'd get to the Bryan v Lesnar feud we'll never have in terms of booking and in-ring action.

cordy

Banned
all the debuts tonight really makes it hilarious when people say Vince cares about SD as much as Raw because he's at both shows, and no, SD is going to get screwed in the 'shake up' as well.

And also as someone who never watches Raw I'm fucking blown away at the quick turn on Goldberg...people actually chanting YES at him never being on TV again. I don't know exactly why but I'm 100% sure it's the companies fault.

Watch his post-Raw speech. The crowd booed him but he got them back on his side and love him again. The fans chanted Yes because they hated when he beat Owens for the belt. If you take out a favorite, fans dislike you.

When Brock is inevitably away we're going to see the already done/ruined feud of Roman v Strowman because they won't put Roman up against faces/wrestler that are over like Bálor, Seth, Joe, Sami, etc. NXT/RAW face Bálor isn't perfect but he's a damned sight better than the alternative. Bálor v Brock is probably the closest we'd get to the Bryan v Lesnar feud we'll never have in terms of booking and in-ring action.
Balor can't even tie Bryan's fucking shoe-laces. It won't be an ⅛ of an ⅛ of an ⅛ of an ⅛ as good as it would have been with Bryan.

Tall4Life

In terms of debuts, Raw got Revival and Hardyz, if you count them as they technically debuted at Mania.

We can then expect that SD gets Nakamura and Almas -- bad for the tag division of course because nothing will be going on, but that's huge for their singles division. They have another main eventer added with Nakamura and a guy who'll be great in the midcard in Almas, maybe going to the main event if the stars align. Smackdown's singles division is gonna kill it.

Top Bottom