• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Hmmm. Stephen Amell just happens to be in Orlando.

Wonder if we'll see this again
KrXJLA.gif

Amell was shockingly competent. He actually put effort in. Meltzer mentioned around that time that Amell was going to WWE live events when he could to train in the ring for his Summerslam match.

Wouldn't mind seeing him do something else with them.

He's Arrow in, uh, Arrow.
He's a big fan of wrestling right? Probably just there to see the show.

Oh yeah, probably. Come to think of it, I think he was at the last Mania too. So probably just that.

Amell was shockingly competent. He actually put effort in. Meltzer mentioned around that time that Amell was going to WWE live events when he could to train in the ring for his Summerslam match.

Wouldn't mind seeing him do something else with them.

Yeah, he's definitely one of the better celebrities they've had involved.

Worst thing about this angle was that he wrestled as Stephen Amell and not Oliver Queen (Arrow). Promo package was pretty hype though.

Right? They even had the entrance tease too.

tumblr_ntkdka5ibG1u5cpljo1_500.gif

ReiGun

Worst thing about this angle was that he wrestled as Stephen Amell and not Oliver Queen (Arrow). Promo package was pretty hype though.

You have to guess they pitched that idea at some point. I wonder if WB/DC would sign off on that.

I can't imagine the Green Arrow suit would be very comfortable to wrestle in.

Caderfix

I've said too much!

And you are doing it only because you know no one belives that Heroman is not paying for the network himself, making so that people keep asking him "If you hate it so much, why are you giving them money?". That's some brilliant work.

The excerpt from Brock Lesnar's book they read on the latest Lapsed Fan is crazy. Dude was always looking for an exit, even back during 2002.

klonere

Banned
Catch Point vs Dijak/Elgin was a ton of fun. I'm not sure if there is a guy as small as Yehi who can look as dangerous as he does in the world. And this is without flips!

Syder

You have to guess they pitched that idea at some point. I wonder if WB/DC would sign off on that.

I can't imagine the Green Arrow suit would be very comfortable to wrestle in.
The gear he entered the match with was pretty cool but as soon as he took the hood off he was just in shorts so you wouldn't really know who he was.

stephen-amell-summerslam-wwe.jpg

Adree

The gear he entered the match with was pretty cool but as soon as he took the hood off he was just in shorts so you wouldn't really know who he was.

Probably would be a no-no to use the character without paying license fees and stuff. Considering how many bumps he took I'm surprised his agency signed off on it at all.

Ithil

What's funny about Amell is he's not short, and obviously in superb shape, and Arrow shows off his physique all the time, yet when he was in the ring with the wrestlers, he looked tiny. Makes you remember just how ludicrously jacked the wrestlers are, even the ones who aren't powerhouse types.

klonere

Banned
What's funny about Amell is he's not short, and obviously in superb shape, and Arrow shows off his physique all the time, yet when he was in the ring with the wrestlers, he looked tiny. Makes you remember just how ludicrously jacked the wrestlers are, even the ones who aren't powerhouse types.

Yeah when you saw him beside Neville, it totally killed his whole deal.

Syder

That whole angle was probably the highlight of Stardust and one of Neville's best moments pre-Cruiserweight division.

FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/848299191646515202

FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY

FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY

FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY

FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY

Calm down, jesus. If they fired everyone in the company that supported Trump, they'd be a much, much smaller company.

JBL is shitty. This is not new.

FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/848299191646515202

FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY

FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY

FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY

FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY
FUCK THIS COMPANNNYYYYYY

Are you talking about Fox News, WWE, or the US Government.

I expect nothing.

Thus my rapid, fiery CTRL+V smashing social activism.

Then what's the anger for?

Directionless anger with no better desire in mind is pointless.

JBL is shitty. Trump is shitty. They go together, it's not surprising. WWE has smartly stayed away from Trump since this whole thing began (other than the WH picture). I can't really logically get angry at them specifically for any of this no matter how much I hate Trump.

Top Bottom