• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

hertog

If he thinks Reigns vs Undertaker is a 3 I don't see why HHH vs Rollins shouldn't be 3.5
Triple h vs rollins was the worst match on the show. I thought they hated each other, so let's just make it an extremely boring save match. It should have lasted for a few minutes and be absolutely brutal.

Pikma

Banned
Aliyah got a new theme? She's still incredibly bad, she's like a programed robot who does everything they told her to do while in her PC classes, but that's it, nothing more. She doesn't even buy into whatever her character is, and she is still a botching machine btw. Either she's really bad at this or the Performance Center really fucking sucks (or both).

Royce on the other hand looks like she is continually improving, she just needs to work on those damn kicks, they look really bad.

Recall

Wrestlemania 33

Match 1) AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon - Chaotic fun. Even with Shane getting gassed early they both kept on going and gave a memorable match. ****

Match 2) Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho - Decent but drawn out. Almost heatless and not the intensity you would expect for a betrayal story line but still entertaining. ***

Match 3) Bayley vs Nia Jax vs Charlotte vs Sasha Banks - Pointless and underwhelming. It happened seemingly just for the sake of happening. **

Match 4) Tag Team ladder match - Clumsy madness. I liked that everyone tried to go for the belts rather than just set up ladder spots but it was still just stuff happening for the sake of it. ***

Match 5) Mixed Tag Team match - Miz crowd reactions were the only highlight. Even less effort went into the actual match than I thought possible. *

Match 6) Seth Rollins vs Triple H - Long and heatless until the final few minutes. Needed blood to help add to the drama beyond dull knee work. It has its moments but not enough to carry 25 minutes. **1/2

Match 7) Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton - The maggots were the highlight (!) What a crap and worthless match. Total shit. *

Match 8) Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar - Intense and exactly as I expect. Totally fine. **

Match 9) 6 Pack Challenge - again another filler match that did very little. *

Main event) Reigns vs Undertaker - a match that existed to force a moment rather than tell an interesting story. Too long and underwhelming **

Here's Meltzer's WrestleMania/Takeover ratings

Only ridiculous one is Taker/Reigns and that one is really ridiculous...

Other than that very much agree especially the NXT ratings, especially especially Roode/Nakamura because that match was fantastic.

Just watched last night's NXT and Elias Samson was over!

ELIAS SAMSON WAS OVER.

The Si chants were amazing

Elias Sampson is amazing. I want a Drifter Album.

Pikma

Banned
Triple h vs rollins was the worst match on the show. I thought they hated each other, so let's just make it an extremely boring save match. It should have lasted for a few minutes and be absolutely brutal.
Lol worse than Reigns vs Undertaker, Orton vs Wyatt, Ambrose vs Corbin, the throwaway Battle Royale and the random multi-women matches? Sure, Mark, whatever you say.

Pikma

Banned
Heavy Machinery are fucking amazing, if these two have as much stamina as AOP have they could be capable of putting on some incredibly good matches

Heavy Machinery are fucking amazing, if these two have as much stamina as AOP have they could be capable of putting on some incredibly good matches

Their ring gear this week is also so much better than before... I love those entrance vests and their logo is great.

They're literally Much More talented High Volatge though lol cause the back of their vests I'm pretty sure say Danger! Heavy Machinery and High Voltage's music started with Danger! High Voltage lol.

Love them though because I also loved High Voltage XD

cordy

Banned
I know yall will like this. Here's some cliffnotes from AJ's book. Start the spectulation.

• She starts off by saying her parents were downright fucked up. Beyond all of the domestic abuse, AJ's mom was obsessed with her remaining a virgin.
  • She stabbed some guy who attempted to break into her family's underground apartment once.
  • After a misdiagnosis of depression, she overdosed on antidepressants and painkillers around ~20 years old. In hindsight, she says this was a suicide attempt and that the doctors should have sent her to a psych unit. She was later properly diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
  • Her first kiss happened around 20-21 years old with someone she described as a long-time friend who spent months talking to her, but she never slept with him.
  • She says Greg (aka Trent Baretta) was her first real boyfriend and that she lost her virginity to him.
  • She was around 23 years old at this point. Greg eventually dumped her during her big push in 2012 because she was focused on her career and they drifted apart.
  • She talks about being "aggressively courted" by a wrestler who secretly had a girlfriend in the company, which resulted in that woman hating her. She says that he had way more stroke than she did, which made her reluctant to turn him down because he could have tried to get her fired. He ended up being fine with the rejection.
  • After the two events above, she dated another wrestler for a year, but he eventually slept with one of her close friends. He was surprised when she got upset about it.
  • Beginning with their storyline in 2012, Punk became rather obsessed and kept trying to get with her. She focused on the kiss they had on SmackDown (the segment where she also kisses Bryan) as a turning point for them. Despite that, she kept refusing him and they remained close friends instead. A year or so later, they said "fuck it" and got together
  • In 2010, while AJ was being tested as a host during a house show, Punk broke a television backstage because the Divas match was so terrible. Coincidentally, this resulted in Fit Finlay giving AJ a "tryout" against Layla the next night, which did great. As a result, she was going to debut on SmackDown a week later alongside Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero in a storyline that would divide them. It was written out of the show at the last minute, and the story was eventually given to Kaitlyn for NXT months later instead.
  • During NXT, she was brought into a meeting with Head of Talent Relations and told directly to her face that "no one wants to have sex with you" and that the company had a standard to uphold.
  • She claims she was then eliminated from NXT following the meeting, despite them previously telling her that she was getting the most votes each week.
  • While detailing her Love Triangle storyline, she stated that the original plan was for Bryan to beat Punk for the title and her and Bryan be a heel power couple. This changed after the writers decided to prolong the angle.
  • She wrote a few paragraphs about how certain women tried to saboage her and complained to management when things didn't go their way.
  • After Punk left the company, she was "caught in the middle" and stressed at times, but was not going to leave just because he did.
  • WrestleMania 30 is the final event of her career that she details. She felt she had nothing left to accomplish/prove in wrestling after that.
  • She detailed all of the various injuries she suffered in wrestling, including 7 concussions and permanent damage to her cervical spine. The latter of which played a large role in her retirement.
  • Overall, she spoke highly of people such as Kaitlyn, Beth Phoenix, Eve, Layla, Naomi, Aksana, Cena, Paige, Tamina, Kane, Bryan, Big E, Tom Prichard, Norman Smiley, Billy Kidman and Vince McMahon.
  • In regards to Triple H and Stephanie, Triple H was never mentioned at all. Stephanie was but only at the beginning when she opens on how Steph was one of her personal favourites along with Lita while watching WWF as a kid.

*sees Simon Gotch is booked for the next XWA intimate show with Daisuke Sekimoto*

"Huh, that might be cool, how many times can you say I saw a guy in Wembley and up close a train arch?"

"I wonder who else is booked?"

"Cool, Jimmy Havoc is on this"

"OH SHIT HASKINS, that'll be great up close, i should go buy tickets... wait who's th

Ri476Lrl.jpg

2rVJsGWl.jpg

hnRz77o.jpg

giphy.gif

Menome

It amazes me that BBC's Robot Wars is better at getting appropriate crowd shots than WWE is. Whilst it's pre-recorded, they're at least choosing camera shots of excited/surprised people rather than bored children.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
In what universe is Undertaker vs Roman anything but 1 star?

I'm convinced Meltz is a Roman mark at this point.

Yea I dunno how you could score that as anything other then a complete mess. I mean it's Undertakers retirement match, so perhaps he didn't want to score it low out of respect for that, but objectively it was not a good match at all.

Seth/HHH was also trash.

I'm genuinely howling at that t shirt, I can't even imagine the biggest mark on the planet wearing that 😂😂😂

It's got actual reviews too. So people have willingly bought it for themselves.

I have 15 wrestling shirts and I can't imagine ever wanting a WWE Network shirt fucking lol

It's got actual reviews too. So people have willingly bought it for themselves.

I have 15 wrestling shirts and I can't imagine ever wanting a WWE Network shirt fucking lol
The shitty slogan on the back makes it, I wanna know the mindset of the person who thinks 'I want some rasslin merch' hits up WWE shop and thinks 'that's the one for me baby'

cordy

Banned
According to WON on the "Superstar Shakeup"
"Regarding the ”Superstar shake-up," when we first heard about it, the talk was that the key moves would be Roman Reigns to Smackdown and A.J. Styles to Raw. This was months ago. This past week we were told that Reigns isn't going anywhere and the key moves were said to be Styles to Raw and The New Day to Smackdown. The latter makes sense since the tag team division in Smackdown has been weak from day one. However, with Cena leaving for a while, moving Styles also, which is taking the two most over guys on that side off the table, makes no sense. Smackdown gave you the impression that Styles will be moving over. He wasn't booked for any program going forward and settled his issue with Shane McMahon."

So yep, it's happening. Styles to Raw. He also thinks the Bliss/Charlotte trade will happen.

I personally think that SDL will either get Rollins or Zayn. Either/or helps.

So yep, it's happening. Styles to Raw. He also thinks the Bliss/Charlotte trade will happen.

Maybe they are going all in on Nakamura on Smackdown

Well shit.

I was really looking forward to Reigns on Smackdown as I think he could reinvent himself there a bit...

Maybe they are going all in on Nakamura on Smackdown

Ohhh good point.

This might also mean Wyatt regains the title and wins the Orton feud.

cordy

Banned
Ambrose is likely staying on SDL. He's still one of the most popular superstars who never misses a day and besides that he's IC Champion. Bryan ain't gonna be switching their #1 draft pick for Owens.

Reigns is staying on Raw where he'll likely beat Styles in another feud.

Rollins better pray he switches brands.

And yep like I said the other day, yall ain't getting that Styles/Nakamura match for a LONG time. I think Nakamura will likely get some intro feuds for a bit like against Miz, maybe Corbin and some other stuff. I highly doubt they'll immediately move him up to the title picture with all the dudes looming around. They'll probably eventually give him the IC title and then build him up to the world title. What'll probably happen is Corbin gets the IC belt from Ambrose through some gimmick match and then Nakamura gets the IC from Corbin. Ambrose will likely feud with Wyatt again since they pushed their 2016 feud back apparently and it'll be for the world title probably since I'm sure Wyatt will be champion again soon.

You JUST called up Nakamura, for fucks sake

I would put the Raw Women's match above HHH/Rollins.

i agree. but i gotta say that was all Charlotte. the other 3 women looked like a bunch of bums up against her.

Charlotte's athletic ability is just miles ahead of them, the matchups did not look good. it fared better in RAW tho when Emma was doing some solid work however. and sasha seemed much more energetic than she was at Wrestlemania oddly enough.

Bayley looking like shit tho again. I'm sorry, but drop the belt soon. And don't do that rolling around move anymore plz.

Top Bottom