• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Yeah, I try not to cross the streams too often though - WrassleGAF's where I get to say dumb shit without it turning into a big fight on twitter :p
I feel like I should've known this already and probably did but then forgot.

NXT is amazing for indie stars to get WWE experience and slide into the main roster. But they're moving a lot of their homegrown talent up too soon. I fear that may have happened with Dillinger.

Dillinger has been in their developmental for like a decade, it's now or never for him.

Fake Edit: Okay according to Wikipedia he (back when he was Gavin Spears) was there in 2006-2008 got called up to WWECW and then released in January 2009, released and then signed again back in 2013 for NXT, still that's a lot of years.

Anth0ny

Tiger Mask II (Misawa) vs. Kuniaki Kobayashi (AJPW Sumo Hall Show 1985)

So this is the first 5 star match that really blew me away so far. Definitely go out of your way to check this one out, it's about 15 minutes long. Unreal these dudes were busting out moves like this in 1985.

tigermaskkobayashi2gpueh.gif

ezgif-3-06aa379d68uiufc.gif

FUCK YOUR FLIPPY SHIT, LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOO

ezgif-3-8740c9e40fteujn.gif

Up next, the first 5 star match out of the West from none other than Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham (Feb 1986).

Caderfix

AJ was one of the performers with lots of appeal, according to the poll the WWE made, right?

That combined with the fact he is insanely over and put up great matches left and right makes me think they'll give him the ball. But then I remember how Cena had to fight with the creative team in order to keep AJ from eating the pin during that Cena vs Bray vs AJ match and I just can't see him not being held back by bad booking decisions like WWE's love for underdogs and, in case he becomes a face, the well known white bread good guy stereotype they try to push every now and then.

AJ is a once in a lifetime performer.

So fucking dumb, instead of making RAW better they just make Smackdown worse. How fucking petty, you want them both to do well, deliberately sabotaging one is worse for you in the long term.

Anth0ny

So fucking dumb, instead of making RAW better they just make Smackdown worse. How fucking petty, you want them both to do well, deliberately sabotaging one is worse for you in the long term.

funny thing is aj styles with raw booking/writing isn't going to do shit for raw anyways

it hurts smackdown, does nothing for raw. great strategy.

bigkrev

It makes no sense to move the New Day, who seemingly do nothing but long boring promos and skits from the show that struggles to fill 3 hours plus an overrun, to the show that is a tight 2 hours that often doesn't have key acts on episodes because there isn't enough time

funny thing is aj styles with raw booking/writing isn't going to do shit for raw anyways

it hurts smackdown, does nothing for raw. great strategy.
Exactly, the fact he was on Smackdown helped him because he didn't have to be work with RAW's bullshit. This is lose/lose

It makes no sense to move the New Day, who seemingly do nothing but long boring promos and skits from the show that struggles to fill 3 hours plus an overrun, to the show that is a tight 2 hours that often doesn't have key acts on episodes because there isn't enough time
It's because Smackdown's tag division is dire so they need some sort of star power. They really should have made the tag-team and women's divisions brand exclusive.

jmdajr

Reigns on coming through the crowd on Jericho Podcast.

"You know they would grab my dick...."

Anyhow, the dude is never going officially heel. He's just gonna be him. Rejoice!

Raw f**king sucks, I don't want AJ to move. >_> Bork the invisible champion will make main title interest a wastelands for ages.

If that goes ahead, literally my 2 favs from SD (male and female) are going to Raw. >_>

I want them on the better show with Talking Smack too.

Tom Nook

Dave says moves that will happen next week:
SD gets Charlotte and New Day, Raw gets Styles and Alexa. Reigns stays on Raw

Ugh..... :(

That's a horrible trade.
No offense to New Day and Charlotte but AJ is worth than that. At least have Sami included.

SmackDown will get screwed over yet again, keeping with the tradition of past Drafts.

Nakamura will be their top guy, but the roster is fucking shit without AJ.

AJ vs Nakamura is fucking money for this company, the can't be that clueless, I hope they make it a big deal, like at Summerslam or Survivor Series.

That move makes the most sense tbh. They already cleaned out the whole division on Raw for over a full year to the point when they finally lost the belts they had to be removed from the scene altogether just to let everyone else breathe, and they didn't even have a match at Mania

Only thing left for them to do that people would want to see is them vs Broken Hardys, and that flat out is not happening in 2017 (as much as everyone is laughing off that situation with Anthem). So yeah, move them somewhere they can actually do something for the rest of the year in the meantime.

cordy

Banned
And there's no way Vince lets Nakamura be their top guy. If he didn't let AJ be their top guy, he ain't letting Nakamura. This is what'll happen to the annoyance of some of you.

- Styles goes to Raw
- Nakamura beats Miz
- Corbin beats Ambrose and becomes IC Champion
- Wyatt beats Orton and becomes WWE Champion again
- Nakamura beats Corbin for the IC
- Ambrose beats Wyatt and becomes WWE Champion again (their 2016 feud was pushed back)
- Rollins (who's been drafted) feuds with Ambrose as Ambrose goes heel

Yall should know how this company works by now. It's pretty predictable. The Shield Boyz are gonna run roughshod over the title picture for the next decade.

Anth0ny

For fun, I did some math.

Raw after Mania is always the highest rated Raw each year. This year, they did a 2.62. So barring a miracle, that's the highest rating Raw will have this year.

Lets look at last year. Raw after Mania did a 2.93. Raw, on average in the year 2016, did a 2.26. So the 2.93 was about 30% above the average Raw rating in 2016.

If this trend is identical in 2017, we will see an average Raw rating this year of 2.0 on the dot. There's a seriously good chance the average Raw rating will fall into the 1s this year.

AJ vs Nakamura is fucking money for this company, the can't be that clueless, I hope they make it a big deal, like at Summerslam or Survivor Series.

If that match ever happens in WWE it's only going to be at a Mania (likely not for a belt), they successfully established with Reigns/Taker some matches don't need to give a shit about brands

cordy

Banned
If that match ever happens in WWE it's only going to be at a Mania (likely not for a belt), they successfully established with Reigns/Taker some matches don't need to give a shit about brands

Or Summerslam.

Nakamura/Styles will be the new Owens/Cesaro for Summerslam.

Kaladin

Rock was on Fallon last night

In Orlando

It was kind of amazing how Mania had no backstage segments, no legends segments and little to do with New Day hosting.

There was a strong focus on the matches and making every match a main event....and I liked that.

Top Bottom