• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

cordy

Banned
Rusev's injured sadly. Shoulder injury.
Maybe they know they can make a classic out of it and saving it for something like wrestlemania...a bragging rights type of match where they want to see who the top dog is!*

*dream booking

Man I really meant it when I said we probably won't get it until WM35 or maybe SS next year. That just feels like something they'd pull out when they say "well what else will we do?" after they've faced most the people they can face. Like I can see them go at it after Nakamura's lost a world title and Styles has no feuds lined up just so they can please the fans because of the ring work and not for a title.

Rimfya

Banned
Rusev and Wyatt need to team up for a stable of guys the company will never fully commit to getting behind.

Women's match at WM needed to be Bailey winning the belt, without that it was fairly meaningless.

Striker

Don't agree with most of it.

Rollins v HHH was the lamest 3 and a half star match ever.

I stick to liking Scott Keith's stars.
Those ratings are almost always crap. But that said, if I were to judge the main matches and use the system as is, so to me a 2 1/2 is average, then the only ones who strike me as above that is the ladder match and the AJ-Shane match. And those would be like 3 or 3 and a quarter. Nothing even remotely close to being a 4.

Goldberg and Lesnar told the best story of the show. The match was done as it should and wasn't overly drawn out or have many deadspots. Highlight of the show to me.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Goldberg and Lesnar told the best story of the show. The match was done as it should and wasn't overly drawn out or have many deadspots. Highlight of the show to me.

Yea it was a tight efficient match that did exactly what it needed to do. AJ/Shane was the highlight, but Bork/Greenburg was surprisingly fun.

Agree 100% on the Lesnar/Goldberg match. Was at a great pace, hit all their marks. Shinning light in the long long second half of Mania.

Rusev's injured sadly. Shoulder injury.

Damn, hope that means they spend the time to have someone good ready for him once he is 100%

cordy

Banned
Damn, hope that means they spend the time to have someone good ready for him once he is 100%
Yeah me too especially with his new look. He's got a main event heel look about him.

9FCjjFM.png

Ambrose/Owens switch would be good.

Won't happen but it'd be good.

More room for Owens at the top on Smackdown.

Agreed. Ambrose for Owens would be great.

I hope AJ doesnt end up in boring and stupid feuds. It might be enough for me to start skipping Raw if they dont do well with him.

The drop in quality from AJ's SD title run to Orton is also pretty dire. And I liked the Wyatt thing initially.

Anth0ny

Kinda expecting AJ/Reigns and Brock/Stroman programs going through the summer.

If it gives us AJ/Brock at some point, though... can't complain.

It would make a lot more sense if reigns went to smackdown to replace cena and as a way to draw out the inevitable showdown between him and Brock... but apparently he's staying put so I dunno

Kinda expecting AJ/Reigns and Brock/Stroman programs going through the summer.

If it gives us AJ/Brock at some point, though... can't complain.

It would make a lot more sense if reigns went to smackdown to replace cena and as a way to draw out the inevitable showdown between him and Brock... but apparently he's staying put so I dunno
I can if it's the same shitty lazy formula he's been putting out for years... the guy is so damn talented but due to the suplex city popularity it's all he does.

Caderfix

If they send AJ to RAW I hope they keep him away from Reigns and the mid card for a while. AJ fighting for the US belt or being fed to Reings after all he did would be heart breaking.

Also, in my head, they backed down on Reigns for AJ because they don't belive Reigns would be able to carry the brand like Styles did.

They wont turn Reigns heel either. And honestly people probably shouldnt want him to turn heel because he'll never get comeuppance. Theyll just feed him guys and hope he gets over somehow.

Anth0ny

I can if it's the same shitty lazy formula he's been putting out for years... the guy is so damn talented but due to the suplex city popularity it's all he does.

I agree... but this is AJ styles we're talking about here.

He got a good match out of Shane. I trust he'll do the same with Brock.

Anth0ny

meltzer has a very mathematical, almost robotic way of ranking wrestling matches. I think this reddit post sums it up well:

The problem today is that there's a paint-by-numbers mechanical feel to so much of today's WWE style, almost like an identikit reinforcement for every individual. It's like they're all taught how to develop a style that's a guaranteed *** 1/2 match or better once they surpass 15 minutes of match time, and because a number of them never really deviate from their perfected basics (Randy Orton, Sheamus, etc, are good examples), there's too much sameness. A Randy Orton/Sheamus match from last summer is kinda bland for us, but it'd be mind-blowing in 1988.

like hhh/rollins is a 3.5* match on paper but when you consider the build, you consider rollins not selling the fucking injury at all, you consider we've been sitting on our fat asses watching worked athletics for 5 hours up to that point... 3.5/5 feels really god damn generous.

DMczaf

A7EtD92.png

GWF 3: Sports-Entertainia
Date: Friday, April 28th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

yXI7kEF.png

Upon the examination of the galaxies of space, images begin to appear -- images of strange and powerful forces. But of all the forces in the universe, the two most powerful -- Zach Hogan! And the Ultimate Menome! -- prepare to explode!

Filth Champion versus Purity Champion. Nickname versus no nickname.

It's the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!! IT'S GWF THREEEEEEEE!!!

-----
Singles Match
FlammableD vs ShadowSwordmaster

FlammableD and ShadowSwordmaster kickoff the Sports Entertainiest event in Sports Entertainment with a high powered singles match! Who will gain footing and make a statement in the bigger GWF standings?!
-----
Singles Match
SomewhatGroovy vs Mahonay

Will Earthworm Jim be able to stop the young buck of GWF, Mahonay?
-----
GWF B+ Championship
Tall4Life vs Korly

After stumbling attempting to contend for the GWF World Championship, Tall4Life sets his aspirations and Super Bowl Punch towards the undefeated Korly and the GWF B+ Championship. Who's betta than Korly? Tall4Life hopes it's him.
-----
GWF B+ Championship #1 Contender Battle Royal
BewareTheBatsie vs OwensIsNow vs Caderfix vs The Strokes vs BronsonLee vs RBH

Six men compete in an over the top rope Battle Royal to decide who will contend for the GWF B+ Championship at GWF4!
-----
Singles Match
Sephzilla vs imBask

The boss is back and looking to pick up his second win in GWF. The ultimate upper case B player, imBask, hopes to stop the law in its tracks.
-----
GWF Tag Team Championship
klonere & Heroman (The New Japan Express) vs Bronx-Man & Ithil (The Just Friends)

The New Japan Express is back on track and is hoping to claim the GWF Tag Titles. The Just Friends are looking to remain undefeated tag team champions in their first defense of their titles!
-----
Singles Match
Hasney vs DMczaf

After demanding a match at GWF3, they got it! Will WrassleGAF's #1 Shooter be able to stop BROKEN Hasney!?
-----
20 Minute "Loser Loses Slogan" Iron Man Match - Winner's tag team becomes GWF Tag #1 Contenders
Menome (w/ Browny) vs Zach (w/ Biggest-Geek-Ever)

A grudge match will huge implications. Menome is looking to reclaim his honor after being defeated by Zach at GWF2. This time the stakes are high as "Filth" and "BJ" are on the line!
-----
Extreme Rules Match
Syder vs Kornflayx

After the controversial finish at GWF1's Pre-Show, Syder and Kornflayx square off one more time to settle the score. This time there will be no controversy as the rule book has been thrown out the window for this match.
-----
GWF World Championship
FallingEdge vs Beefy

The match everyone has been waiting for! Beefy defends his GWF World Heavyweight Championship against #1 Contender FallingEdge! Who will walk out of the biggest event in GWF history as the champion of the world!?

I'm shooting on that mother fucker !!

Zach

Man that Benoit video before that match....

Man fucking 10 seconds in on that nitro episode and the match and it shows how much it used to be better.

No playing to the camera
No dumb fucking chants
A commentary team trying toe make it seem real

Ughhh

Only thing I would have changed from that Arn match Zach is the bell was never rung and after the pinball it shouldn't have been.

The red being out of it after the ddt is a great touch.

Man what a fun match.
Right?! Glad someone checked it out and had a good time. It's not a five-star classic, but it was such a surprisingly enjoyable match that it needed a shout-out. Arn, man. Arn!

Got back from the dentist and it's infected :/ On a course of anti-biotics, but least I don't have to have the tooth pulled (for now).

Zach

Ha! They're pulling a Yellow Dog with El Vagabundo in NXT!

For those unaware, it's clearly
Shinsuke Nakamura
in a mask.

Caderfix

I give up on gaming side and OT. This is now a wrestling forum for me.

On that note, if I want to get into NXT, would it be fine to watch only the big events, like takeover? Are the video packages enough to get me up to speed?

Tall4Life

On that note, if I want to get into NXT, would it be fine to watch only the big events, like takeover? Are the video packages enough to get me up to speed?
Yeah, the stories are never that complex and you'll get the gist by watching the big shows

Only really watch the weekly shows if you a absolutely want to or we're all marking over a match

Beefy

This and BCT are basically the only threads I post in. Gaming Gaf aint my thing anymore

Top Bottom