• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Menome

Was that after smackdown went off the air or something? Because I only saw the terrible one where he talked about what Andre would have been like on the dancefloor.

That's the one. Halfway-decent because despite the first half being frat-boy nonsense, it was delivered better than awkward high-school drama class readings we get from a bunch of other wrestlers.

Then the second half changed the tone, made Mojo serious for a few seconds and it worked. It gave him that tiny bit more depth than "ALWAYS HYPE" and could, could move towards a rehabilitation of his character.

Fave Five for Double You Double You E

1. Asuka
2. AJ
3. Charlotte
4. Joey Samoey
5. Neville

Bonus: Miz/Maryse for pure entertainment value, and Almas/Aleister Black (Almas is figuring his shit out as a heel and is consistently one of the better parts of Takeovers, and despite just debuting I'm really stoked on Black's entrance and gimmick)

That's the one. Halfway-decent because despite the first half being frat-boy nonsense, it was delivered better than awkward high-school drama class readings we get from a bunch of other wrestlers.

Then the second half changed the tone, made Mojo serious for a few seconds and it worked. It gave him that tiny bit more depth than "ALWAYS HYPE" and could, could move towards a rehabilitation of his character.

It made me hate him even more. I didn't think the delivery was good - it was like a person who's been laughing at a wake, suddenly reminded that somebody's dead. Absolutely serious, saying he missed this man who he obviously never met - and if he's ever watched an Andre match beyond the Hogan Slam I'm a monkey's uncle.

He's definitely not main event talent, whatever they do with him. Corbin is. I see that. Mojo is mid card at best, and they only have him the win at Mania because of the publicity earned by the Gronk spot. Madness.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fav Five time? Sure.

1. AJ Styles
2. The Miz/Maryse
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Kevin Owens
5. Charlotte Flair

I'd have Jericho in there, but he's leaving.

Beefy

I would say they should just make Ziggler a full blown racist dude that gets slapped about each week. But knowing WWE he would be champ in a month.

5. Emma (that debut > anything from Wrestlemania).
Emma rules but she needs to be on TV and actually doing things to make the cut

GOAT theme and the sunglasses/road warrior gimmick is tight. Just feed her something besides "it's about me!!!!!!!!" Which idk is supposed to be like Paige's "this is myyyy houuuuse!!!" but it's dumb when spammed like an Overwatch voiceline

Emma rules but she needs to be on TV and actually doing things to make the cut

GOAT theme and the sunglasses/road warrior gimmick is tight. Just feed her something besides "it's about me!!!!!!!!" Which idk is supposed to be like Paige's "this is myyyy houuuuse!!!" but it's dumb when spammed like an Overwatch voiceline
She makes it because I've been begging for her return since day 1 of the Emmalina promos and she's finally here.

I did my waiting!

Mahonay

Banned
Fave five time again?

(no order)

Neville
Goto
Himoru Takahashi
AJ Styles
Miz
tumblr_o7a452xEZV1t0ik4co1_250.gif

SUCKA. I didn't know Goto and Takahashi were in the WWE. SHUCKY DUCKY.

Zach

We doing Fave Fives?!

Current Fave Five

1. Bayley
2. Asuka
3. Charlotte
4. Heavy Machinery
5. El Vagabundo

Honorable Mentions

The Revival
American Alpha (probably)
Rusev
Neville
Shinsuke Nakamura

Disqualified Due to Homophobia

AJ Styles (Note: still holds the So? So? Big Deal. Everyone is a Monster in Wrestling. You're a Hypocrite. ;_; Data West Memorial Award Trophy Cup)

This current version of Neville is so god damn good. Really great promo on the latest 205 Live.

I think Neville might be my favorite WWE talent at the moment.
He is absolutely amazing and nails his own character better than almost everyone on the roster. If he was still playing a baby face he would have never gotten any further than he was pre injury.

Current Fav 5

1. Kevin Owens
2. AJ
3. Chris Jericho
4. Bray (Orton killing him notwithstanding)
5. Bliss

Outside of WWE

1. Tetsuya Naito
2. Minoru Suzuki
3. Keith Lee
4. Young Bucks
5. Kenny Omega

Fave five eh?
1. AJ Styles
2. Shinsuke Nakamura
3. Nevelle
4. Pete Dunne
5. Cesarso
(Strickly wwe, I'd have to think a bit longer if we're including everyone)

Beefy

We doing Fave Fives?!

Current Fave Five

1. Bayley
2. Asuka
3. Charlotte
4. Heavy Machinery
5. El Vagabundo

Honorable Mentions

The Revival
American Alpha (probably)
Rusev
Neville
Shinsuke Nakamura

Disqualified Due to Homophobia

AJ Styles (Note: still holds the So? So? Big Deal. Everyone is a Monster in Wrestling. You're a Hypocrite. ;_; Data West Memorial Award Trophy Cup)

Sadly I can see 9 out of the ten you mentioned being homophobes

Top Bottom