• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'll never understand GAF's hate for Ziggler. When did you all go from loving him to hating him and why? You make it sound like he gets pushed over and over and he really doesn't.

The hate started when he turned heel and started beating on minorities while wearing the american flag.

C4HmVhBWQAIczAn.jpg:large

imBask

Banned
I'll never understand GAF's hate for Ziggler. When did you all go from loving him to hating him and why? You make it sound like he gets pushed over and over and he really doesn't.

I think it was around the 47th push he blew that we realised he was actually just trash and not just poorly booked

When he kept cutting the same promo about how he SCRATCHED and he CLAWED and this is his LAST OPPORTUNITY!!! And he thinks he doesn't suck which just rubs me the wrong way. It's why I dislike Sasha.

A big complaint for a lot of talent is they just hang around for too long without providing a solid argument for why. Feels like wasted TV time at a certain point

I stopped watching back in 2009 when Ziggler was like only showing up in backstage interview segments saying "My name is Dolph Ziggler" and working dark matches

Much like Zack Ryder, people were saying they wanted him to have a chance on TV and he seemed promising

I think as far as lower mid-tier goes even Zack Ryder has a better argument by virtue of just being a likeable/positive dude that stands out from other characters. He serves his purpose, he's not going anywhere but you don't necessarily dread seeing him

Ziggler, on the other hand, has been working with this weird "veteran" character where he acts like Jericho but without the accomplishments or talent. Add in the weird HBK clone shit.....no thanks

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The Miz segment "The success of a failure" is the best thing Dolph Ziggler has ever been a part of. I for one am grateful for his career so that it led to that moment.

Also that feud is a testament to just how good Miz is. He made a Ziggler feud must watch. How does that happen?

Ziggy is really really good but like alot of WWE talent he been killed by booking.
Really really good??

He's a good worker, but that was the sort of thing that was impressive 7+ years ago when the company was full of garbage and people like MVP, Morrison, and even the fucking Miz were the more entertaining in-ring guys

Now they have a roster full of guys and gals who can work. So how does Ziggler differentiate himself? By pretending to be HBK?

Beefy

Ziggler is trash. He is even worse now that he is always slapping down minorities with the silver and American flag bottoms. He needs to shave his hair and join back up with the Spirit Squad.

Heroman

Banned
Really really good??

He's a good worker, but that was the sort of thing that was impressive 7+ years ago when the company was full of garbage and people like MVP, Morrison, and even the fucking Miz were the more entertaining in-ring guys

Now they have a roster full of guys and gals who can work. So how does Ziggler differentiate himself? By pretending to be HBK?
He a guy killed by booking what is there to say, like once Vince stop caring about him he was doomed.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Ziggler with AJ and Big E was legit the best heel WWE had at that time. Post concussion he's been increasingly poor.

I was always down on Ziggler here in Wrasslegaf even when he was actually liked a good 3 or 4 years ago, the one bandwagon I was right to lead unlike my positive ones that all crashed and burned (RIP Barrett Bandwagon)

Remember when Ziggler said he was going to murder King

and then nothing happened
ZIGGLER!

ZIIIIIGLEEEEER!

just about got floslam working on my android tv, sideload chrome, and other than not being able to skip, seems to work ok. Chromecast and Fire TV are "coming soon", so hopefully that'll make it easier.

I feel like Ziggler was done after he got that concussion right after he cashed in. They lost faith in him and his booking has been a mess ever since. They give him these mini pushes and they don't amount to anything. Not because he's squandering them, but the booking literally never leads to anything. His most recent championship match at Summerslam was really bad, but I'll pin that on Ambrose getting lazy more than anything.

I get his character and promos getting stale, but who's fault really is that? I doubt that he really has very much freedom in this day and age. I dunno, I'm not saying he's amazing or anything. Just that the hate for him seems very unwarranted.

My main problem with Ziggles even years ago is one that still haunts him to this day and that is that he has NEVER had any identifiable character traits, seriously, you can throw monikers like THE SHOW OFF and....err whatever else he may have been called but that doesn't stop him from being vanilla as fuck.

I remember his various stints because of the people attached to him (like with Vickie or with AJ and Big E), not because he himself had anything strong going for him.

The_Shepherd

Neo Member
I never thought much about Ziggler since I started following wrestling again around Wrestlemania 30 and I don't recall him doing much since then outside of his feud with Rusev. If he were to leave I don't think the company would lose much.

Also since that feud his in-ring look has been pretty terrible.

Guzim

I will say that I actually liked Ziggler's feud with Ambrose over the summer. I was excited to see it at Summerslam, and I was actually rooting for Ziggler. Then the actual match happened...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I will say that I actually liked Ziggler's feud with Ambrose over the summer. I was excited to see it at Summerslam, and I was actually rooting for Ziggler. Then the actual match happened...
Of course you rooted for Ziggler. He was wrestling Ambrose.

Also I will give Ziggler credit. His career on the line match with Miz was FANTASTIC. One of the best matches of the year no doubt.

Yeah the build up for that was pretty good.

And then.

LOL.gif

Edit: Unfortunately this started the weird trend of 'Ziggler loses a title feud but then goes into another title feud' thing that happened once or twice.

Top Bottom