• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

What kind of sad, pathetic piece of shit do you have to be to get mad at either of them for that? Fuck those idiots.

Fuck the moron that went looking too.

GunBR

Sami needs to be a comedy character
He was good joking with Kurt last week and that time where he fought in a team with Seth and Roman
Being just an underdog who sells an injury in EVERY FUCKING MATCH isn't working for him

But I really think that he has a great future on SD. There he will have time to get over and won't be in the mid card for life

Heroman

Banned
Sami Zayn is Dean Malenko. Excellent technical talent that can rise to the occasion when put in the right storyline ( Malenko/Jericho or Neville/Zayn), but not someone who is interested or capable of elevating their own character, or a draw.

Someone said Zayn would be one of the top guys in NJPW? He wouldn't draw a dime there, no matter how many Meltzer ***************** matches he had.
The guy has had success on every other promotion he been besides WWE main roster ,at certain point it isn't the talent it's​the booking.

And if AJ can in NJPW then so could he.

So what is everyone's version of wrestling themed hell? You die, go to hell, and Stan instructs you that your eternal punishment for all of time is to watch (wrestling program here) for all eternity with no breaks

What is your wrestling hell? Thunder forever and ever? New generation RAW? the entire match history of Mabel?
Wcw.

Anth0ny

Poor Renee/Ambrose, it's about to get rougher for them.

https://twitter.com/LordtEllie/status/851925491917434880

That would explain the rumors about what was on Ambrose's finger last night. Damn. I pray they can keep the psycho fans away.

4c7b042c05c8f5a94e7abtiuni.gif

I wonder if Sami has as high of a rating on Uber/Lyft as he does with Meltzer...

Sami's good in my book as long as they don't have him involved in anything with Foley or Owens. I don't think I could hate him.

Zayn is more a victim of the "only the champ matters" mentality (which is WWE's fault for existing, since they book non-champs like absolute shit) than anything WWE are specifically doing to him. The man gets a fair amount of TV time, typically is not made to look like a chump unless he's facing a beast like Braun (and, even then, got some good offense in), and even gets fun little segments or promos. How is doing all that and getting paid WWE wages, plus whatever merch he sells, not superior to being top guy in an indie that works armories and tiny-ass stadiums?

Edit: Bryan was a legit once-in-a-generation talent in terms of charisma and getting the crowd on his side, and he never DID draw on the level of a top guy even with that. Sami's nowhere near Bryan in terms of making chicken salad out of chicken shit, why would the fans get on his side?

cordy

Banned
What happened?

Some idiot looked up marriage records and found out they were married. Last night somebody said Ambrose had a ring on his finger in the opening segment, I didn't post it because who gives a fuck. Anyway now we find out this dude on Twitter searched through actual marriage records and found out they were married, posted it online and now there's a climbing post on Wreddit about it that's getting traction that'll likely be everywhere soon.

That's so fucked up. People really don't give a damn.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Edit: Bryan was a legit once-in-a-generation talent in terms of charisma and getting the crowd on his side, and he never DID draw on the level of a top guy even with that. Sami's nowhere near Bryan in terms of making chicken salad out of chicken shit, why would the fans get on his side?
We don't know that for sure. He got big moments, but he never had a sustained run at the top like Austin or Cena.

cordy

Banned
Zayn's a great wrestler but honestly he's basically Bryan pre-heel turn right now. Bryan had no character, he was just great in the ring. Zayn needs something that people can latch onto because it doesn't matter if you're an underdog if people don't know "who you are" like even Bayley has a character. There's been no underdogs in this company who didn't have some sort of character. Why should I care about Zayn? Because he's an "indie darling" or something? Because he doesn't like heels?

I say this: pair Zayn with Bryan and have Zayn be Bryan's assistant who wrestles each night. Have Zayn on Talking Smack as often as he can to build his character chops up, just keep him out in the open to build something. Eventually, eventually, he'll develop an actual character.

Because I don't know why I should root for him besides the fact that he's great in the ring and has a nice song.

The guy has had success on every other promotion he been besides WWE main roster ,at certain point it isn't the talent it's​the booking.

And if AJ can in NJPW then so could he.

At what point is it expectations/perception though? He's on the main roster. He's on TV constantly. At what point do we accept that Sami Zayn is a successful pro wrestler?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Wait, that's perfect.

Turn Sami heel.

Do the exact same thing they did with Bryan, make him the cocky douche that keeps getting cheap wins over dudes that should destroy him. Smark crowds will eat that shit up.

It's too bad Sami wouldn't have an AJ to shit on. It was a brilliant way of keeping smarks from cheering for Bryan because their thirst for AJ was stronger.

Heroman

Banned
At what point is it expectations/perception though? He's on the main roster. He's on TV constantly. At what point do we accept that Sami Zayn is a successful pro wrestler?
He was already a successful wreslter before he even got to WWE that the augment ,it that he could be such huge star but isn't.

Top Bottom