• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What's worse Brock isn't even going be defending the tile till SS, which would be okay if IC title meant something but it doesn't lol.

Dean Ambrose open IC challenge where he pulls out 4 1/2 star matches every week against low cards out of nowhere.

Roman, 4 Horsewomen, plus all the other lower tier indy guys who got some polish while in NXT (believe me, Jon Moxley was not Dean Ambrose when he was first signed when it comes to in ring presence even if I think he's overrated as a worker). I'm not saying NXT has been great, it's just that Ziggler looks a lot worse in comparison.

So two men and the rest women.... Not exactly a great point...

What happened is they brought in a ton of great indy and international talent...

Yeah this is probably just a work guys, don't mind the fact he experienced partial fucking paralysis, Dave said so and I lack the critical thinking needed to doubt him so I believe him.

Shibata is a very very talented moron.

Or this is the weirdest angle NJPW has done in a while...

Because what's gained by it?

ReiGun

It's so funny how much the WWE title took a backseat the second Randy got it.

Honestly feels like it's The AJ Styles Show Featuring the New Smackdown Six

He doesn't even need a title to feel like he's the most important guy on the show.

Randy Orton has become the Kane of his generation: a guy no one dislikes and crowds still pop for, but nobody really gets super hyped to see. AJ, Owens, Nak, and Zayn are gonna steal all his shine on Smackdown, and he can't even move to Raw because then he runs into them Shield boys.

Which is perfectly fine. Randy's time may be passing/have passed, but like I said, no one really dislikes him. And dude still has credibility that can be used to put others over. But yeah, he's probably not the guy you want to build your main event scene around in 2017.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm actually bullish on RAW despite my joking. They got something here with Braun and Roman. Miz can work wonders. I don't mind Dean. Those tag teams are hosses.

DMczaf

I'm actually bullish on RAW despite my joking. They got something here with Braun and Roman. Miz can work wonders. I don't mind Dean. Those tag teams are hosses.

Braun is amazing, and now knowing he's a really cool dude outside the ring has made me a fan.

Tagyhag

RAW definitely has some diamonds in the rough, especially with Miz on there. (Of course that's before we know what RAW writing will do to him)

But it's just not worth sitting 3 entire hours for 15-30 minutes of good stuff.

Faking paralysis and brain damage would be some next level carny.

And what would the endgame be? The entire arena collectively shitting its pants the next Shibata delivers a headbutt?

Pikma

Banned
Here's another work for you, smart fans:

According to PWInsider, the reason the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match was cut short at Sakura Genesis, was due to the fact that KUSHIDA was knocked out cold during the sunset flip to the outside spot. KUSHIDA was heard and seen visibly snoring after he hit outside the ring. Takahashi, realizing this, went for the finish almost immediately, resulting in an under 2 minute match.

rrc1594

Honesty I think WWE is going to pull a fast one and have KO lose to Jericho. I just felt they would always keep KO and Finn close cause they were planning do KO/Finn anyway. I just don't believe SD is getting all this greatest with 2hrs and no annnoying Authority. Vince is on some drugs right now.

DMczaf

Pretty sure both were used as angles by HHH in the Attitude Era.

haitch2_zpsc65aadfc.gif

Haitch_zpsb0dbd711.gif

Anth0ny

you need to keep in mind that everyone that was on smackdown will be worse on raw.

miz is fucked. no talking smack and he's going to be scripted to hell.

dean will be booked even worse and heavily scripted.

i have no confidence that I'll care about the tag team division on raw, even with the hardys.

literally the only thing worth watching raw for is braun being awesome. not watching 3 hours just for that.

I ate so much fucking crow on SD being gutted from the split. My reason for watching WWE just got better. It's a shame Raw is going to ruin names that SDLive helped rebuild though.

cordy

Banned
That whole Jinder Mahal Talking Smack portion seems to be his friends and the company sticking up for him. I mean shit, we get it. At the same time, yall don't know what he's doing in the bathroom at 2:30AM when you're sleeping. For all we know dude's popping more than tents.

Honesty I think WWE is going to pull a fast one and have KO lose to Jericho. I just felt they would always keep KO and Finn close cause they were planning do KO/Finn anyway. I just don't believe SD is getting all this greatest with 2hrs and no annnoying Authority. Vince is on some drugs right now.

Smackdown is still a mediocre show most weeks and Jericho's going back out with Fozzy in mid-May, so unless this is a case where he's winning the US Title, only to drop it to Corbin quickly, I doubt he's winning at Payback.

DMczaf

That whole Jinder Mahal Talking Smack portion seems to be his friends and the company sticking up for him. I mean shit, we get it. At the same time, yall don't know what he's doing in the bathroom at 2:30AM when you're sleeping. For all we know dude's popping more than tents.

I will say this, Talking Shoot made me think he seems like a pretty cool guy

It was hilarious when he tried to cut a heel promo and DBry's lovable self got him to stop and smile and go back to real talk again haha

How the fuck is Jinder Mahal only 30 years old? This man is younger than the Shield boys even. Lord.
Because he was born 30 years ago.
Yeah this is probably just a work guys, don't mind the fact he experienced partial fucking paralysis, Dave said so and I lack the critical thinking needed to doubt him so I believe him.
If Meltzer told these geeks the world is flat, they'd believe it. Learn to think for yourself sometimes lol.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Jericho's done after Payback, bruv.

This is real. This is reality.

cordy

Banned
I will say this, Talking Shoot made me think he seems like a pretty cool guy

It was hilarious when he tried to cut a heel promo and DBry's lovable self got him to stop and smile and go back to real talk again haha

I don't think he's gonna get popped, he's doing everything legally, he's fine. With that said I haven't been impressed by him in-ring. Sure on the mic I'm ok with him but in-ring all I think of is Balor hitting the ground like some GTA Mission Failed shit.

Tagyhag

That's actually what I'm worried about as well but wasn't Jericho supposed to leave to tour? Maybe that's why he'll hopefully lose?

Toki767

It's weird that if Jericho wins the US title, they made it sound like he goes to Smackdown and Owens goes back to Raw.

But if Wyatt wins the WWE title, he goes to Raw with it?

No, no, it's OK, no Authority is gonna hurt these guys and your dreams now, we have all the workhorses on Smackdown, where they belong.

Top Bottom