• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

I am pretty interested to see how the WWE title and US title scenes pan out post-Payback. Orton vs Nakamura or Zayn for Backlash?

Orton vs Corbin. Maybe Orton's gonna turn and Luke might get that push.

For the US belt I think Owens vs AJ, which will turn it into the number one belt in SD.

ReiGun

While I have no problem with them elevating the US and IC titles, it does suck that the actual midcarders have nothing to fight for. Cause you know damn well guys like Aiden English and Curtis Axel aren't going to get to sniff at belts being held and fought for by dudes like Dean Ambrose and AJ Styles.

While I have no problem with them elevating the US and IC titles, it does suck that the actual midcarders have nothing to fight for. Cause you know damn well guys like Aiden English and Curtis Axel aren't going to get to sniff at belts being held and fought for by dudes like Dean Ambrose and AJ Styles.

They weren't sniffing shit either way. Axel with the IC title, uuuugh.

ReiGun

They weren't sniffing shit either way. Axel with the IC title, uuuugh.

Those were just examples but you know what I mean. You can't stick guys lower in the card in nothing feuds forever and expect them to get over. They need something to actually win and challenge for and right now, they don't have that because the main event dudes took their things.

And maybe that doesn't matter to WWE, but as a viewer, it really hurts my enjoyment of the show when they put these guys in segments that just feel like filler. Especially on Smackdown, where dudes at that level make up more of the roster.

Pikma

Banned
You all laugh but after what SD did to Miz, Heath and others...I can't wait for the rebirth of TAMINA baby
SD killed Heath tho, he was definitely in a better position before the brand split than where he is right now

His initial push was magnificent tho

It's funny when you look at this week's Raw and Smackdown shakeup show. Each did better what the other failed at.

Raw introduced Bliss and I guess James (turning it into a Nia Jax segment aside) much better than Smackdown introduces Charlotte and Tamina...

But Smackdown killed it with their male wrestlers debuts and Raw made none of them look special.

KissVibes

Banned
If they're going this far with the Shibata stuff, they must be close to strapping a rocketship to MY MOTHERFUCKING BOY.

Shibata is the true NJPW ace.

cordy

Banned
Metlzer backtracks on Shibata injury being a work

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/851464999029456896

20161029_huma.jpg

lupinko

Time for the European and Television titles to return!

mreddie

SD got the better end but I wish Emma over Tamina but I guess they want their own Nia.

Everyone else will do better with the brand with a clear vision...except Shining Stars.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Those were just examples but you know what I mean. You can't stick guys lower in the card in nothing feuds forever and expect them to get over. They need something to actually win and challenge for and right now, they don't have that because the main event dudes took their things.

And maybe that doesn't matter to WWE, but as a viewer, it really hurts my enjoyment of the show when they put these guys in segments that just feel like filler. Especially on Smackdown, where dudes at that level make up more of the roster.

What dudes on Smackdown are you referring to?

"Low Card"
1. Ellsworth has a good gig playing sidekick to Carmella
2. Mojo is getting some attention due to Gronk
3. Aiden English got screwed over by Simon Gotch and will likely go back to his old gimmick
4. Tye just debuted and will likely be this year's Corbin for development on Smackdown
5. Jinder just debuted and has a good shot over the next few months to shine
6. Ryder is still injured
7. Rowan just got back from injury, doesn't have much upside right now that he is showing. Plays a nice stooge.
8. Fandango and Breeze are packaged together and are an entertaining comedic tag-team. Both could be used better, but they are taking what they are given and making it work like usual.
9. Ascension are jobbers and not much they can do about it. Authors of Pain will likely take the roll that Ascension originally was hoping they'd get.

So.... not entirely certain what you are speaking about. Raw has the worst ability at developing their talent with their low card mostly being jobbers or veteran talent without much story or character development:

"Enhancement" and "Mid-card" Raw talent
Bo Dallas, Curt Hawkins, Big Show, Goldust, R-Truth, Mark Henry, maybe Kalisto, maybe Elias Samson, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neill, Darren Young.

Given the Raw group above, they should have Kalisto move to fighting on 205 Live to give that roster more recognized talent. Titus and Darren might as well reunite the Prime Time Players. There may be room for another tag-team in the Raw division since I imagine Sheamus and Cesaro may only have a few more months left before Raw eventually breaks them up. They have been teaming since September '16, so it's been ongoing for 7-8 months now and normally Cesaro tag-teams last 8-12 months. Big Show, Mark Henry, Goldust, and R-Truth don't have much left in the gas tank. Apollo Crews needs a total overhaul. He might as well hang around Goldust and Truth and pray some of their personality rubs off on him. Bo Dallas is hopeless. Hawkins is a jobber. Samson may have some potential for a year of stories.

So I only watch WWEs flagship shows. Can someone tell me something that's on the WWE Network that I can watch to finally see Nakamura in a match? I got fucking trolled tonight. Lol. I know he was on NXT for a year so don't just say NXT. Something specific if you can please.

So I only watch WWEs flagship shows. Can someone tell me something that's on the WWE Network that I can watch to finally see Nakamura in a match? I got fucking trolled tonight. Lol. I know he was on NXT for a year so don't just say NXT. Something specific if you can please.

NXT Takeover Dallas. His debut match with WWE against Sami Zayn

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Meltzer is great but man people take everything he says as gospel in the name of ha ha you got worked bro...

They also take his speculation as reporting...

That is the Meltz problem. He's both an analyst and a reporter and he blurs those lines a lot.

Like when he said based on nothing but his own speculation that Owens was going to maybe fight Balor a Payback a lot of folks just said Metlzer says Owens vs Jericho II isn't happening at Payback....

Tall4Life

Meltzer is great but man people take everything he says as gospel in the name of ha ha you got worked bro...

They also take his speculation as reporting...

That is the Meltz problem. He's both an analyst and a reporter and he blurs those lines a lot.

Like when he said based on nothing but his own speculation that Owens was going to maybe fight Balor a Payback a lot of folks just said Metlzer says Owens vs Jericho II isn't happening at Payback....

To be fair, you can blame that on other "dirtsheet" websites reporting what Meltzer said as either confirmed fact or rumor when it is, as you said, speculation.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Oh, shoot! I forgot WWE still needs to debut Shelton Benjamin on Smackdown! Smackdown keeps on winning, provided Shelton actually is still signed by WWE!

To be fair, you can blame that on other "dirtsheet" websites reporting what Meltzer said as either confirmed fact or rumor when it is, as you said, speculation.

Other dirtsheet websites fall under people and folks...

Metlzer does it too though because he'll speculate on something while also talking about things he's got inside info on in the same breath.

jurgen

2 quick thoughts:

1. 1. Smackdown is the better show now by a mile. The only thing that could elevate it is if JBL is replaced by JR. Fuck, even Saxton was great tonight on commentary.
  2. 2. SDLive booking is brilliant because you're turning AJ Styles face against Owens AND backing him up with inevitable "USA" chants from the crowd. Super face turn confirmed.

NXT Takeover: Dallas (Zayn)
NXT Takeover: San Antonio (Roode)
NXT Takeover: Orlando (Roode)

His matches with Sami Zayn and Bobby Roode are drastically different and fantastic.

Zayn is an intense back and forth spectacle where both wrestlers look like unstoppable machines.

The Roode matches at San Antonio and Orlando are methodical, classic wrestling. They're slightly slower but they both really ratchet up the tension.

Tagyhag

I still can't believe some of you see "Shibata" and "Head Injury" in the same sentence and automatically go to "It's clearly a work".

The two go hand in hand.

KissVibes

Banned
I just want my boy to be okay and this news about him, and the conflicting reports have been frustrating.

If Shibata has to hang up his boots, I'll be very sad as it seemed like he was really hitting his stride and getting a well-deserved push. He'll always be the true ace of NJPW in my heart. I almost named my cat after him last week.

Tagyhag

I just want my boy to be okay and this news about him, and the conflicting reports have been frustrating.

If Shibata has to hang up his boots, I'll be very sad as it seemed like he was really hitting his stride and getting a well-deserved push. He'll always be the true ace of NJPW in my heart. I almost named my cat after him last week.

Yeah but better he quits now and can try to live a life before ending up braindead or worse.

Shibata is a great wrestler but let's be honest, he chose what moves to use and I'm sure he knew the risks.

jurgen

Especially after you know he cracked his fucking head open with it and bled as a result...

New Japan is a lot more cagey about their performers being injured (like Omega's recent injury), so I can see how he would think it's a work with it being publicized as much as it was.

But it's Shibata. That man's obviously going to die in the ring a'la Misawa. He has one speed and it's rushing to his death.

Top Bottom