• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Hasney

Ignoring the womens and tag divisions still being a little anaemic, happier with the SD roster than I was before the shakeup. Sami, KO and Rusev should fit in well and I love Nak, AJ and Tye. It's made it more the in-ring show.

Lost it at the Tamina intro and I kinda like Primo and Epico in the ring when they don't have a shitty gimmick.

Fuck Jinder though.

Seth in the middle and not reigns?

Hmm.png

Alexa on the poster and not RAW Women's champion Baylee?

Hmm.png

its fantastic. also kudos for putting the Miz on the banner instead of either of those boring bums Bray and Dean

my biggest fear about the shakeup for Raw is that Dean Ambrose gets big title pushes for the next year while Miz is delegated to jobber status. We saw glimpses of it already this week and I'm hoping that banner has something else to say about that.

Smackdown will be great with KO, Sami and Rusev helping out. And I can't wait to see all 3 on talking smack as well. Shinsuke/AJ match gonna be fire too.

Realized I probably should have designed my logos for a black t-shirt

So here's that update :)

If he never comes out with one I might get this made as a T-shirt myself. Pretty proud of it.

I think my fav is the one that just says Kevin Owens with the ! instead of Show

ReiGun

Raw's Tag Division:
The Hardys (champs)
Cesaro and Sheamus
Enzo and Cass
The Club
The Revival
Golden Truth
Heath Slater & Rhyno

Smackdown's tag division:
Usos (champs)
New Day (just Woods and E at present)
Breezango
American Alpha
The Ascension
The Shining Stars

Numbers wise, Smackdown is only one team short. Far as teams people actually give a damn about, Raw wins handily. Even has most of the face teams. The Usos and The New Day are going to be carrying Smackdown's tag division for a while. Hopefully they can make something happen with Breezango and AA.

This also makes me think Smackdown will get #DIY if they come up any time soon.

Tyler Breeze and Usos reunion with UpUpDownDown finally. happy about that.

wrestling-wise though its Raw all the way for their tag team division imo.

ReiGun

I would so buy that shirt, excelsiorlef. Great work.

Tyler Breeze and Usos reunion with UpUpDownDown finally.

Breh, can't wait. Raw side just wasn't bringing the fuckery like Jimmy and Jey could. Plus, Smackdown has Rusev aka "Roman Reigns cause no one beats Roman Reigns" now.

Woods won. Pretty much all of his best guests on the same show. Hopefully he can get Daniel Bryan or James Ellsworth on once.

[url=https://ibb.co/k1Yaak]

ko_retro_black_7.jpg
[/url]

Last 3 variations avec Scratch WWE and scratch WWF logos in case folks want to do something with em.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
*looks at WWE youtube channel, sees Nakmura v Ziggler, burns computer down

is that really the fucking feud they are going with?

Happy for Zayn and KO at least.

edit: AJ v KO for US title? The bump down the card is real, but at least the matches shoul be lit.

Pikma

Banned
Holy shit I had no idea Hugo Savinovich did play by play for Lucha Underground, I might give this thing a second chance

Forkball

Who exactly is the main event heel for SD? KO is tied up with a title, Corbin is still a mid carder, and Ziggler is Ziggler. Hopefully we have a lot of guys elevated over the past year, otherwise SD is just a mid card show with the B title.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Who exactly is the main event heel for SD? KO is tied up with a title, Corbin is still a mid carder, and Ziggler is Ziggler. Hopefully we have a lot of guys elevated over the past year, otherwise SD is just a mid card show with the B title.

Bray but hes going to Raw (?) but still hs the house of horrors match and Rowan is still on SD? who knows man this is a mess

Technically AJ is a heel right? :3

Kevin Owens

*looks at WWE youtube channel, sees Nakmura v Ziggler, burns computer down

is that really the fucking feud they are going with?

Happy for Zayn and KO at least.

edit: AJ v KO for US title? The bump down the card is real, but at least the matches shoul be lit.

AJ winning the #1 Contenders match for the US belt was the main event. So not really a bump down the card.

Hasney

But is yet the better show, so I'm OK with this. I don't care about the prestiege of the props really.

Menome

Finally caught up with RAW and SD. (It seems SD on Hulu isn't a thing in the U.K. Kaladin :/ )

The Drifter is finally here and whilst I'd prefer him on Smackdown, having him with Corey at the announce-table is still a great thing. Look forward to his IC title-reign down the line.

Reading a re-cap of Smackdown and the womans division segment sounds awful. I also feel like Charolette going to Smackdown is a big step backwards for her. She already spent a year feuding with Becky, and there is no one else on the roster worth a damn for her to go up against. UNLESS they plan to bring Asuka up to Smackdown.

Caderfix

I'm so happy with SmackDown's roster now, specially with Zayn and Rusev, the two most misused wrestlers in the company. I really hope they right the wrongs for those two.

Also, no more Kalisto and no more Apollo. Huge plusses.

Hasney

Reading a re-cap of Smackdown and the womans division segment sounds awful. I also feel like Charolette going to Smackdown is a big step backwards for her. She already spent a year feuding with Becky, and there is no one else on the roster worth a damn for her to go up against. UNLESS they plan to bring Asuka up to Smackdown.

The intro Tamina got made everything worth it. It was hilarious.

I would bet on Asuka on Smackdown with all of my WWE dollars.

GravyButt

Im guessing braun gets shipped to sd for destroying reigns or its a loser leaves raw match and braun loses. Lesnar goes to sd to finally renew feud w shane. And bray beats randy.

Strax

SD killed Heath tho, he was definitely in a better position before the brand split than where he is right now

His initial push was magnificent tho

Hardly.

Dude was a jobber for 3 years prior to the draft. He might be the wrestler who benefited the most from the draft. He and Rhyno While he isn't on top of anything right now but it's much better then scraping the bottom of the barrel.

God damn smackdown is the place to be, no shield members and the best of the talent. Only trade I would love is something impossible like randy Orton for Cesaro but I look forward to the shows they're going to put out.

orioto

Good Art™
SD is certainly in a weird position with belts, as RAW actually.

Just look at that show we just had. If we have Corbin/Orton for the big belt and Owens / AJ for the US belt. it'll basically feel like the us belt is the biggest belt.

I mean first appearance on SD and Owens opens the show, and the main event is AJ Styles, Corbin and Zayn fighting to know who will feud with him. Basically the whole show was focused on Owens, plus the serious look and all that.

In term of charisma Orton is basically invisible in comparison. What do you want to do with that..

It's gonna be weird. Corbin/Orton jusy feels mid card compared to Owens/AJ. I mean both have giant charisma and it's not like they were world champ for 6 month just before... This would have been basically the SD champ vs RAW champ 2 months ago.. It's WM main event level.

SD is certainly in a weird position with belts, as RAW actually.

Just look at that show we just had. If we have Corbin/Orton for the big belt and Owens / AJ for the US belt. it'll basically feel like the us belt is the biggest belt.

I mean first appearance on SD and Owens opens the show, and the main event is AJ Styles, Corbin and Zayn fighting to know who will feud with him. Basically the whole show was focused on Owens, plus the serious look and all that.

In term of charisma Orton is basically invisible in comparison. What do you want to do with that..

It's gonna be weird. Corbin/Orton jusy feels mid card compared to Owens/AJ. I mean both have giant charisma and it's not like they were world champ for 6 month just before... This would have been basically the SD champ vs RAW champ 2 months ago.. It's WM main event level.

Either it's all a red herring to not telegraph the Wyatt/Orton Payback match

Or it's preperation to elevate the US belt as Wyatt is taking it Raw.

Top Bottom