• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Oh yeah, I hope everyone is hyped for 2.0 of this:

8980978_orig.jpg

I know RuRu is hurt, but I wonder if them intentionally leaving him and lana out of a "welcome to SD" moment beyond a video is to help de-garbage him a bit. Hopefully get a little away from the comedic brute.

The only problem for SD now is they in fact will have too much talent to squeeze into two hours, expect the tag division to continue being on and off in how often you see them.

Though honestly I don't mind this approach too much, sometimes it's nice to not have everyone forced into a slot each week even if they have nothing to do.

Beefy

WWE got things right with the drafts. They have made SD more a strong singles division show, which helps the two hour slot. They have made Raw a more of good mix of all 3 divisions, which fits the 3hr show.

miserable

Bryan didn't even mention the possibility of Jericho winning the match with Owens and taking the US title to RAW. he just made a no 1 contender match which means Owens will retain. might as well put that match on a house show. I really hate stuff like this

Bryan didn't even mention the possibility of Jericho winning the match with Owens and taking the US title to RAW. he just made a no 1 contender match which means Owens will retain. might as well put that match on a house show. I really hate stuff like this
Maybe it's a case where if Jericho wins he goes to SD?

I mean, it's obvious Owens is retaining, but still.

Mahonay

Banned
He absolutely did mention it. He said whomever wins the US belt at Payback (Owens or Jericho) will officially be a member of SDL.

Caderfix

Jinder Mahall gave Balor a concussion with his stiff shots, that should be punishable.

He is probably going to get a push, and I'm not even joking. They even gave him time and put him over on talking Smack, talking about attitude, championships and such. Terrible.

And I was praising the dude for his match with Sami. Stiff wrestling is fine, as long as you don't do stuff that can cause serious, or even worse, permanent damage.

WWE got things right with the drafts. They have made SD more a strong singles division show, which helps the two hour slot. They have made Raw a more of good mix of all 3 divisions, which fits the 3hr show.

Yep

There is legit potential for The Superior Smackdown Six when all things are considered

AJ
Owens
Zayn
Nakamura
Rusev
Corbin

Is pretty damn close if not slightly better in totality than the OG SD 6.

That said if Balor is out for long term I wouldn't be surprised if AJ or Owens goes /returns to Raw.

Caderfix

I hope the Rusev who destroyed Ryder and 100% no sold Mojo's bullshit in the draft night last year is the Rusev they go for moving forward.

Sephzilla

I want them to basically retcon Rusev and Lana back to their original forms where Rusev was the monster and Lana was the real villain controlling the monster

Sephzilla

Rollins going to SD would have been a good fresh start for his character since his face turn was really botched. But I'm happy having a Shield free show.

orioto

Good Art™
It's crazy i see lots of people on INternet thiking it's not 600% sure Owens wins the match at payback.

There are so much reasons.. I mean Jericho is leaving lol.
But especially, you don't debut Owens like that, being the focus of your show, if he's not staying...

He's on SD for good.

I want them to basically retcon Rusev and Lana back to their original forms where Rusev was the monster and Lana was the real villain controlling the monster

I mean we don't even know if Lana is going to be connected to Rusev anymore... they did a vignette with her dancing gimmick.

Honestly I'd like to see them move away entirely from Rusev the foreign heel. Dude is charismatic as fuck let that guide him

Top Bottom