• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Sephzilla

Yeah ESPN not jumping on this, especially now that Sports Illustrated has, makes ESPN look really bad.

But, this is the same ESPN that cancelled Playmakers because the NFL got salty

ESPN's lack of coverage of WWE's bullying accusations shows that ESPN is only covering WWE to promote it. They aren't really "covering" it.

I bet if someone died in the ring on Raw next week they'd promote Payback the next night and not mention it.

ESPN doesn't really "cover" anything anymore. They exist to serve their business partners.

You know that JBL thread got me thinking it's fucked up to think that only a few years ago WWE would probably have turned Bliss' history with anorexia into an angle and by angle I mean some face woman repeatedly making fun of her for having had anorexia and getting cheered for doing it. Think Piggy James but 10 times crueler.

Fuck

If nobody stopped him Vince would write the same angle today, because he thinks he is a good guy, and he would do that, therefore a face would do that.

It's why he's sucked at writing for faces forever - Hogan acted like a heel thirty years ago. Only time faces ever get over on wwf is when they can do their own promos

You know that JBL thread got me thinking it's fucked up to think that only a few years ago WWE would probably have turned Bliss' history with anorexia into an angle and by angle I mean some face woman repeatedly making fun of her for having had anorexia and getting cheered for doing it. Think Piggy James but 10 times crueler.

Fuck

That's actually what happened with Mickie James. At least she won in the end against Laycool.

Edit: Damn your edit!

Talking Smack when Bryan leaves when Brie is about to have her baby. What ever happened to Shane's personality during the attitude era?
They gave him a script and made him the good guy. If they gave shane that boy wonder gimmick again, I'd be set. He was so good at getting himself over.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Fuck

It was just 2 years ago where they forced Charlotte to do a segment where her deceased brother was mentioned and mocked. Always expect the worst from these guys.

Interesting and challenging times for Vince and Co. Re: Bullying

Hopefully we see a continued effort from fans and the audience to highlight that we are NOT okay with this...loud enough to where sponsors take note.

The problem here is we then find ourselves with a family who seemingly cannot run a machine as large as this without "toughening" up the troops and perpetuating a toxic working environment riddled with hazing and politicking.

I wonder if they can weather the storm brewing here and deliver change. Bad habits are hard to break especially when it is ingrained into your stank-ass soul.

Interesting and challenging times for Vince and Co. Re: Bullying

Hopefully we see a continued effort from fans and the audience to highlight that we are NOT okay with this...loud enough to where sponsors take note.

The problem here is we then find ourselves with a family who seemingly cannot run a machine as large as this without "toughening" up the troops and perpetuating a toxic working environment riddled with hazing and politicking.

I wonder if they can weather the storm brewing here and deliver change. Bad habits are hard to break especially when it is ingrained into your stank-ass soul.

Be a Star should wash their hands of WWE. That will get them to shape up

Kaladin

If JBL was the first time anyone had ever heard about bullying, ribs or hazing in the WWE, this would be a different story. But it's not. Justin Roberts is also not the only time we've heard of ribs or hazing or bullying from WWE. Hell, we've heard of people other than JBL doing it. When you have it coming from multiple sources, from both people who did the bullying and people who were bullied, and even from several different time periods.....yeah, there is a proven and documented culture of bullying, hazing, ribs and pranks or whatever you want to label it in WWE.

What is a first however, is that this is the first time they have bullied someone with a disorder and caused them to shut down and leave the company because of it. At least, first time I can remember. They finally went too far.

Syder

Fuck
At the other end of the spectrum, Nia Jax's entire push to the main roster and title shot at Mania is because of the kudos WWE want for having a plus size model on TV.

At the other end of the spectrum, Nia Jax's entire push to the main roster and title shot at Mania is because of the kudos WWE want for having a plus size model on TV.

I mean maybe... but she's not the first big woman to get a push.

She is however one of the first that isn't forced to make herself look ugly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Well, she's a pretty girl, it would be ridiculous to try and make her "ugly." That plays into why that character doesn't work. She doesn't look or act like a "monster heel" ever. It's how I would feel about Kevin Owens acting like Sami Zayn.

She's just awful though, so it doesn't really matter what gimmick she's saddled with.

Syder

Well, she's a pretty girl, it would be ridiculous to try and make her "ugly." That plays into why that character doesn't work. She doesn't look or act like a "monster heel" ever. It's how I would feel about Kevin Owens acting like Sami Zayn.

She's just awful though, so it doesn't really matter what gimmick she's saddled with.
The whole 'not like most girls' gimmick is just... eh.. It's a fairly transparent, disingenuous attempt to get her over for no other reason that being a pretty, plus size girl.

She can't talk and is a dangerous worker.

It was just 2 years ago where they forced Charlotte to do a segment where her deceased brother was mentioned and mocked. Always expect the worst from these guys.

Didn't it later come out that it was either her idea, or she had ample opportunity to nix it and chose not to? tbh, that was the only good part of that segment and got Paige a TON of heat, iirc.

What do you think of this shirt?
SR096.jpg

Dude when you say something like that you should stay and back up your words... not jump through a barber shop window like a coward to get away from me...
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dangggggggggg

Top Bottom