• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
real talk, I like Zach. Why do we hate him again?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm pretty old but not old enough to appreciate Luger's shitty ass WCW theme.

His best theme is the Allied Powers theme, then his WWF lyrical theme.

Zach

Legs Luger's theme is bad and weird and great and perfect. Like, when he's just beating dudes every week on Nitro, sneaking up with his worthiness, it just fits. And then BAM! he beats Hogan for the title.

What a time to be alive.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Legs Luger's theme is bad and weird and great and perfect. Like, when he's just beating dudes every week on Nitro, sneaking up with his worthiness, it just fits. And then BAM! he beats Hogan for the title.

What a time to be alive.

There's a period, that lasts over half a year, where the two biggest active faces in North America are Lex Luger and Psycho Sid.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That sounds frightening

Psycho Sid returns to WWF after the worst run of his career in 1995 to replace Ultimate Warrior. For whatever reason the fans go BERSERK that first night, and every night after, for the remainder of 1996.

Lex Luger comes out on that first Nitro in 1995 to a genuinely good reaction. He then proceeds to have this weird tweener tag team with Sting and by the time the NWO shows up he is the first legitimate challenger to them not named Piper, who wasn't defending the honor of WCW.

Psycho Sid returns to WWF after the worst run of his career in 1995 to replace Ultimate Warrior. For whatever reason the fans go BERSERK that first night, and every night after, for the remainder of 1996.

Lex Luger comes out on that first Nitro in 1995 to a genuinely good reaction. He then proceeds to have this weird tweener tag team with Sting and by the time the NWO shows up he is the first legitimate challenger to them not named Piper, who wasn't defending the honor of WCW.

Sorry, I was one of those who thought Sid was awesome back then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
MAN GOD "FACT": Sid WAS awesome then. Then Mania happens and old softball loving Sid returns. He keeps getting in car wrecks in mid 1997 and just vanishes as the Hart Foundation stuff explodes.

Yep! Black is on. Guys theme is damn good.
It's neat that they actually got a NYHC band to make his theme instead of just going straight bro rock like every other wrestling theme (I guess beatdown isn't terribly out of the realm)

Dude seems to be way into black metal, which obviously you aren't going to ever have on TV, but I guess their middle ground is cheesy gothic flavor in the background lol

Workrate, awesome theme, awesome entrance, awesome look. Guy is gonna go far

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why are they wasting time on Tye, hes gone.

edit: Oney Larcon was on 205live last week also, they are using him all over the place

Rhaknar

speaking of 205 live, any good stuff in it last night? that 4 way last week was great.

Rhaknar

so is using random unknown jobbers a "thing" in these weekly nxt shows? im not judging just asking

ReiGun

WWE has so many tags where I forget who is who constantly. The Usos, AoP, The Revival, #DIY, Shining Stars.

These dudes need name tags.

so is using random unknown jobbers a "thing" in these weekly nxt shows? im not judging just asking
Not really. Happens more after Takeovers, I've found.

ReiGun

This Ember Moon promo

giphy.gif

My God, she really is an anime character. Even as the sad background music after losing a big fight.

Rhaknar

why does she have normal eyes now? WHAT IS THIS CHARACTER?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Holy shit, this dude looks like a fucking ogre. Looks like a motherfucker Bruno would've fought in the Garden for the WWWF Heavyweight Championship of the World.

Top Bottom