• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Bronx-Man

Banned
Like you got Big Stevie Cool looking like the dork you love to cheer for and Terry Funk as the American equivalent of the hard-hitting middle-aged puroresu fucks that just don't know when to hang up the boots

then there's Sandman in fucking Zubaz and a tucked-in white tee

Zach's got a wee pee.
giphy.gif

Like you got Big Stevie Cool looking like the dork you love to cheer for and Terry Funk as the American equivalent of the hard-hitting middle-aged puroresu fucks that just don't know when to hang up the boots

then there's Sandman in fucking Zubaz and a tucked-in white tee

These dorks can't hold a candle to La Parka.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Terry Funk gets a title shot against Raven! And it's........right now. Huh.

Terry retired for good recently, right?

EDIT: TERRY'S THE CHAMP! HELL YEAH!

Terry Funk gets a title shot against Raven! And it's........right now. Huh.

Terry retired for good recently, right?

EDIT: TERRY'S THE CHAMP! HELL YEAH!
First time watching Barely Legal? Wonderful vibes on that show, shame the recordings are all tampered to shit with fake music. That stuff really kills ECW footage, despite the non-garbage wrasslin holding up quite well

The last I heard about Funk was that he went to wrestle at one of Dreamer's shows but fell ill and was taken to hospital. I haven't heard much about him since then.

But yet, Sandman still seems like more of a badass than Owens, no matter how many third rate rappers Owens powerbombs off stages.

Could the sandman even do a powerbomb...or take one correctly...or know what one is?

I'd accept the argument that his character was better, but he was just awful in the ring, or near the ring.

Tall4Life

The last I heard about Funk was that he went to wrestle at one of Dreamer's shows but fell ill and was taken to hospital. I haven't heard much about him since then.

He had surgery for a hernia 5 days before the Dreamer show (House of Hardcore) which is where he announced his most recent retirement

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not a thing would be lost with Liv or Aaliyah.

Daria Berenato vs. Shayna Baszler is money, as is Daria with the right build vs. Asuka. Berenato would be more credible than LOL Mortal Kombat Ember Moon.
Can Barenato even work? I vaguely recall seeing her once on NXT and her being green.

Not a thing would be lost with Liv or Aaliyah.

Daria Berenato vs. Shayna Baszler is money, as is Daria with the right build vs. Asuka. Berenato would be more credible than LOL Mortal Kombat Ember Moon.

Baszler is so fucking bad. Like legitimately terrible. I'd sooner watch Liv work because at least she isn't acting like she's great.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Onto Hardcore Heaven '97 right now. Taz in his prime is so friggin awesome. Dude rivals Bret as the gold standard for how to make a badass submission machine. Glad to see him retain the TV title in a good match against Chris Candido's boring ass.

And jesus christ, they just brought out ICP.

Triple H has the worst live performances. The DX ones and Lemmy ones were pretty awful live. And the song from the rape album is bad regardless of how it's performed.

Why wasn't Drew pushed to the moon guy has great look?

He was pretty green and was terrible on the mic. He had no personality at all. Then to top it off they took this young guy with no personality and gave him the "Vince's chosen one" gimmick. Like they literally had Vince go out on TV and say this guy was the future.

Basically he was pushed way too hard way too soon and so he was damaged goods in the eyes of the office and most of the audience. Now he's gotten way better in every aspect. I fully expect he'll get a big push when he finds his way back to the main roster.

Bronx-Man

Banned
The Beast From the East vs my man Little Spike Dudley!

I feel like a lot of these guys could still get over if they were in today's age. A lot of them got the charm of either dorky underdog or legit badass to them. Us lazy millennials eat that shitup.

Adree

For all the PSVR people there's an app on the japanese store called 360Channel that has a lot of 360 degree videos including 10 matches/clips from Zero1. I'm kinda meh on 360 videos but they put you right in there in the crowd or near the ring posts and it makes you wish WWE or New Japan would do something like this.

MG310

He was pretty green and was terrible on the mic. He had no personality at all. Then to top it off they took this young guy with no personality and gave him the "Vince's chosen one" gimmick. Like they literally had Vince go out on TV and say this guy was the future.

Basically he was pushed way too hard way too soon and so he was damaged goods in the eyes of the office and most of the audience. Now he's gotten way better in every aspect. I fully expect he'll get a big push when he finds his way back to the main roster.

Also came around at a time when they seemed to be trying incredibly hard to replicate Orton and suited heel Jericho. They also tried to force this onto Jack Swagger later. He didn't quite have the build he has now either.

The only unique quirk about his wrestling at the time was that he would cheat using random parts of the ring like the metal bars underneath the apron.

I think everyone has been expecting Ember to pin Asuka since she debuted, but honestly I hope Asuka just goes up and they strip her of the title. As someone else said here, then it becomes the prize for the women's tournament and you don't have to worry about managing stupid streaks at the expense of storytelling
I hope not, having Asuka go up without ever losing does no one in NXT any favors. It worked fine when they did the tournament after Paige because they had the excuse of her winning the Divas title as a reason to strip her... I guess maybe if they debut Asuka and have her immediately win a women's title sure but I don't think they're done with Asuka/Ember.

Baszler is so fucking bad. Like legitimately terrible. I'd sooner watch Liv work because at least she isn't acting like she's great.
Wikipedia
WWE (2016)

In September 2016, it was reported that Bazler was one of many independent wrestlers taking part in a WWE tryout.[72] Former WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella recruited Baszler to train her in submission wrestling while she was recovering from neck surgery, and credits Baszler with teaching her her new finishing move, the Fearless Lock (a modified inverted STF).[73]

Huh?

Wha?

Then again, it looks better than Cena's.

Top Bottom