• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Ronin Ray

How would people feel if they passed the undertaker​ character to another wreslter. Like do a super cheesy story line where somebody finds his ern and opens it and undertaker's spirt takes them over. I feel like he's the one character you could do it with. Or have taker zap someone with lighting passing his soul / spirit into them.

Two things about Roman:

-I have said tis before, but the dude can't control his nerves and lacks creativity. When he hasn't a fucking clue what to do, you can see the wheels turn in his head before he resorts to bullshit undercuts or superman punches as he did after his botches

-He can't carry a match. Juxtapose a match like this against one where AJ Styles gets a good fucking match out of Reigns.

Mmm.

What are some actually good matches Reigns has had where he has done the majority of the carrying? Everyone has said he has had good matches against AJ but what are examples of others?

Bray vs Orton should've ended with the burning house or a super dead Sister Abigail appearing on the ring which would lead to Bray freaking out and then the RKO

I liked that carny worm shit otherwise

Yeah I kept thinking Orton was gonna end up using the projector power against Bray.

Wonder if they'll ever point out Bray's Wrestlemania "streak".

ReiGun

What did you guys think about the goofy Bray theatrics? I thought it was laaaaame.

(Talking about the maggots and crickets and whatever. >_>)

They didn't go stupid enough. They needed to have "malfunctioning" pyro, children singing from out of nowhere, Randy haunted by the spirits of legends he killed, and a giant hologram of a cackling Sister Abigail.

If you're going to go for fuckery, commit.

Zach

How would people feel if they passed the undertaker​ character to another wreslter. Like do a super cheesy story line where somebody finds his ern and opens it and undertaker's spirt takes them over. I feel like he's the one character you could do it with. Or have taker zap someone with lighting passing his soul / spirit into them.
Bring in Jim Duggan to find the urn in the trash.

GunBR

So, they already made Roman hit Vince, be the champ, win the Rumble, have a Rumble that was everyone against him, have his Mania moment winning the belt, main event Mania for 3 years on a row, destroy a monster and now retire Taker

After he finally beat Brock clean at Summer or Mania, what would be the next thing for Roman? Retire Cena? Beat his cousin Rock? Be on both Smackdown and Raw at the same time?

Mmm.

What are some actually good matches Reigns has had where he has done the majority of the carrying? Everyone has said he has had good matches against AJ but what are examples of others?

Hashtag, I am saying he hasn't carried anyone successfully off the top of my head and its more apparent that he cant after tonights' performance.. I may have worded my post poorly. I meant to suggest AJ Styles carrried Roman in some great matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bullet Club couldn't win the world title until AJ styles and hasnt been able to since then
Minoru Suzuki, a veteran of over two decades of amazing matches, has his best match ever at 46 with AJ Styles
Roman Reigns has only had one good feud, with AJ Styles
Ambrose's only good feud(well for Ambrose) was with AJ Styles
Shane's only good match since returning? AJ Styles
James Ellsworth lost all interest once he was gone from, you guessed it, AJ Styles
tumblr_ont2d2OzOU1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

but give Randy the title
Mmm.

I thought he carried Finn in their match on Raw.

Hashtag, I am saying he hasn't carried anyone successfully off the top of my head and its more apparent that he cant after tonights' performance.. I may have worded my post poorly. I meant to suggest AJ Styles carrried Roman in some great matches.

I agree with you, it was more of an open question. It was me who worded my post poorly. Sorry friend!

Eh, they were therer for like 7 , no crowd would have been hyped.

With a better or more consequential build plus the stuff they did in-ring, this match was main event material considering what we had.

Then again, no one really believed Shane could have a go like he did, so I'll let it go.

Ithil

Two things about Roman:

-I have said tis before, but the dude can't control his nerves and lacks creativity. When he hasn't a fucking clue what to do, you can see the wheels turn in his head before he resorts to bullshit undercuts or superman punches as he did after his botches

-He can't carry a match. Juxtapose a match like this against one where AJ Styles gets a good fucking match out of Reigns.

AJ got a good match out of Shane. That should say it all.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

This gif better literally be on every page of every wrasslegaf thread from now until the end of time or you all have failed me spectacularly.

I feel like I'm the only one who liked Seth/HHH. Seth's selling was inconsistent at times but that was the closest Mania had to a New Japan style brawl full of storytelling and those guys did a lot. The pace was languid, but if anything it helped the match that it wasn't a spot fest like AJ/Shane (not a criticism, the curtain jerker should be a fast-paced, crowdpleaser). They used the arena well. Steph took her annual bump, which was better than last year's. And Seth got a much needed win to payoff one of the longest term storylines running right now. I can't think of anything else I would put as my match of the night over it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233258362&postcount=1989

Woot. WrestleCircus VS PWrevolver is live. About to start any second.

I am so tired but I have to support my native Austin TX promotions.

Actually legit sad to see my fav old school WWE guy go. :( But I'm glad he went out the way he wanted too. Seriously, thank you Taker!

WM in general was average, everything felt rushed and nothing was made out to be the 'big deal' it probably should have been. The crowd reacted accordingly too with so much deadness. Bork as champ again is terrible, zzz. And Bray is the ultimate jobber, seriously, who gives a shit about Randy at this point? I don't understand any of this booking. Said for months AJ should be doing something more important and it's obvious they wasted so much talent on the wrong things and so much time focused on the wrong things, WWE gonna WWE.

Sasha looked extra gorgeous tonight. <3

BzUVuMz.jpg

Even though the match became a complete afterthought, congrats to Cena and Nikki haha. I enjoyed the build up and I (and my wife) are glad at the outcome. :D

Pikma

Banned
Bullet Club couldn't win the world title until AJ styles and hasnt been able to since then
Minoru Suzuki, a veteran of over two decades of amazing matches, has his best match ever at 46 with AJ Styles
Roman Reigns has only had one good feud, with AJ Styles
Ambrose's only good feud(well for Ambrose) was with AJ Styles
Shane's only good match since returning? AJ Styles
James Ellsworth lost all interest once he was gone from, you guessed it, AJ Styles

but give Randy the title

I thought he carried Finn in their match on Raw.
He's moving to Raw, that's why it's Randy and not him

Tall4Life

Mmm.

Reigns vs Big Show

This question is difficult because Reigns is consistently an upper midcarder/main eventer, so he basically only fights those top guys a majority of the time. And besides Parttimermania, because of that, he's going to fight a lot of good workers because thats the kind of wrestler that populates that level of the card.

Like I can say that I liked Roman/Owens, Roman/Seth, and Roman/Finn as well for example, but I'd get rebuked by people saying those are all good workers he's facing. He doesn't really have matches with lower card people or objectively bad workers otherwise.

I'm all for people having opinions but not shutting out others' without a fucking shred of discourse.

"I'm dying at fucking classic" is passive aggressive bullshit and I do not fucking tolerate it, not when I take the time to lay out my thoughts.

What discourse? What laid out thoughts you spent time on? At the time of my post all you did was literally call it a classic and then say, after my post let me add,

It was. Will discuss tomorrow.

Look at all those words wow!

It was another in a long list of lengthy HHH matches that suck the heat out of the audience, getting no life or energy (deservedly) until the inevitable finisher exchange. Which yes, at Mania, is inevitable and thus predictable.

The list of great HHH matches (regardless of who carries who) can be counted on one hand, 2 of which are with Shawn, 2 with Foley, and the final/most recent one is with Bryan.

This was nowhere near any of those in my opinion, and it's debatable whether it was better than the Reigns Mania main event last year. Seth was limited due to the flu, having spent most of the weekend resting, and he got plenty of rest tonight. I hope he has comfier surroundings tomorrow.

The final minute was great. I'll give it that.

ReiGun

Actually legit sad to see my fav old school WWE guy go. :( But I'm glad he went out the way he wanted too. Seriously, thank you Taker!

WM in general was average, everything felt rushed and nothing was made out to be the 'big deal' it probably should have been. The crowd reacted accordingly too with so much deadness. Bork as champ again is terrible, zzz. And Bray is the ultimate jobber, seriously, who gives a shit about Randy at this point? I don't understand any of this booking. Said for months AJ should be doing something more important and it's obvious they wasted so much talent on the wrong things and so much time focused on the wrong things, WWE gonna WWE.

Sasha looked extra gorgeous tonight. <3

BzUVuMz.jpg

Even though the match became a complete afterthought, congrats to Cena and Nikki haha. I enjoyed the build up and I (and my wife) are glad at the outcome. :D
Sasha looked like a fucking princess.

That boy Mikaze is a lucky man.

Sweeney, I'm not going to argue with you. I think you're one of the brightest posters in the thread. The two nods and condescending remark about my driveby feelings on the match was unnecessary whether I elaborated by the time of your post or not. You could have asked or stuck to your own assertion of what that match meant to you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So what's next for Brock then?

Paul Heyman: "The Beast conquered the Undertaker, Roman Reigns and last night finally conquered the one man who bested him, there is no one left in this company capable of standing tie to townwith BARRAACK LESN-"

Nakamura music hits.

Please?

ReiGun

Paul Heyman: "The Beast conquered the Undertaker, Roman Reigns and last night finally conquered the one man who bested him, there is no one left in this company capable of standing tie to townwith BARRAACK LESN-"

Nakamura music hits.

Please?

The Beast vs The Demon King

Book it.

Beefy

Nakamura music hits.

Please?

Brock goes to hibernate until end of the month.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Beast vs The Demon King

Book it.

Oh :(

Nakamura would probably mesh well with Brock. He can bump like crazy for Brock to look Beastly, and his strike based offense would look realistic against Brock.

Nakamura music hits.

Please?

It won't happen.

Look how AJ Styles has been used, for example. One of the most recognised and well respected names in the sport and they paired him with a (then) washed out Chris Jericho, slapped him behind the crowds on the posters, and fed him to Reigns.

WWE like to make their guys cook in the oven and earn those moments. no one is entitled though some should be.

Nak will feud with Big Show and you'll like it goddamn it.

Sweeney, I'm not going to argue with you. I think you're one of the brightest posters in the thread. The two nods and condescending remark about my driveby feelings on the match was unnecessary whether I elaborated by the time of your post or not. You could have asked or stuck to your own assertion of what that match meant to you.

I'm not trying to argue with you or be condescending! I genuinely do appreciate your posts and opinions here. I was just really taken aback by the thought that I was shutting you out or preventing you from expressing your thoughts, especially at a time when you didn't expand on your thoughts besides a "later". Apologies if I came off rude.

Tall4Life

Nakamura music hits.

Please?
It would make me sad if AJ does go to Raw, because if plans stay for Roman/Brock 2 next year (and they do change, but still), it means either AJ will be wasted again by not being in the main event scene, not beating Brock, or being a transitional champion for Roman or Brock. He has no options, and neither does any of the main event or upper midcarders on Raw.

I'm not trying to argue with you or be condescending! I genuinely do appreciate your posts and opinions here. I was just really taken aback by the thought that I was shutting you out or preventing you from expressing your thoughts, especially at a time when you didn't expand on your thoughts besides a "later". Apologies if I came off rude.

We good, fam <3

Top Bottom