• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Nekofrog

Banned
my wife and i were all smiles when matt and jeff came out. i was trying to not get excited when new day came out but i couldn't help it, but there they were. my wife said it made the 12 year old her so excited. thanks wwe, thanks matt and jeff :D

my wife and i were all smiles when matt and jeff came out. i was trying to not get excited when new day came out but i couldn't help it, but there they were. my wife said it made the 12 year old her so excited. thanks wwe, thanks matt and jeff :D
It was pure hype, which is what Mania should be all about

Even the ladder spot from Jeff seemed like the best in years

Vince wants to pretend he's Brock or Cena

weak1xriq.gif
He and everyone else are insane.

You got a super old guy who needs help to make long matches exciting, and a young guy with a history of hernias, which you're specifically Not supposed to do heavy lifting with. That spot was never gonna work!!!

Geez, remember when he came back from months away due to a severe hernia, and they immediately had him trying to lift the big show? This is how they treat people they LIKE

UberTag

The only way Roman Reigns goes away is if he gets offered a role that he takes in a movie and it does well and he decides he wants to become a movie star lol.
Lucky for Vince, Roman's charisma and ability to adapt on the fly is non-existent so jetting off to Hollywood likely isn't in the cards for him.

Reigns got fucked over having to try and literally carry a literal deadman...

Taker should have gone the Austin route.... Because this fucked Reigns hard.

I mean everything they do fucks Reigns... but this was especially bad because he didn't even get to look dominant.

I'm pretty sure Goldberg was in better shape and Goldberg is fucked up too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Everyone high on the Hardys and forgetting that in the wwe they will probably just be their old selves which everyone grew to hate.

And yes i saw the backstage video where matt says delete

I hated Mania, but it really lightened the mood here. The non-fans enjoyed it and the rest of us got our enjoyment out of shitting on it and wishing AJ was in Japan. So that puts it at a solid 4/10. And I think my cousin is back in cause of Jeff.

ElRenoRaven

Rachael Ellering showing why she's gonna be huge someday. That match was awesome. Oh shit. Time for the mixed tag. Out comes Jessica Havoc and Sami Callihan.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Heres something positive about Roman.

I love his spear. He gets some serious air when he does it, except sometimes it looks like he spikes himself when he lands (happened with Taker and with Shane).

Superman punch is horrible tho.

Reigns got fucked over having to try and literally carry a literal deadman...

Taker should have gone the Austin route.... Because this fucked Reigns hard.

I mean everything they do fucks Reigns... but this was especially bad because he didn't even get to look dominant.

I'm pretty sure Goldberg was in better shape and Goldberg is fucked up too.

#politicalhit

I hated Mania, but it really lightened the mood here. The non-fans enjoyed it and the rest of us got our enjoyment out of shitting on it and wishing AJ was in Japan. So that puts it at a solid 4/10. And I think my cousin is back in cause of Jeff.

Yes, I'm sure AJ is so upset he got a big time match w/ a McMahon and wishes he was back on a tour bus in Japan working pointless six man tags and half full Dome shows.

MG310

I'm really curious if Roman was supposed to hit that failed Tombstone because he didn't lift/slam Taker the entire match if I'm remembering right.

It's like he's the guy you meet 1/5 of the way in the game who pretends to be your friend but you know something's off about him but you can't act on it yet.

Then you find out he's actually the final boss.

I don't like Roman but he definitely has one of if not the best looks ever for a WWE wrestler. Dude just looks cool as shit -___-;

I was expecting New Day to be all over this show and for Enzo and Cass to do a 20 minute promo before their match. Neither of those happened, yet this fucking event still went to 12:15 Eastern

Ithil

It's like he's the guy you meet 1/5 of the way in the game who pretends to be your friend but you know something's off about him but you can't act on it yet.

I'd say he's more like the CAW of that kid you face online. It's got max stats, dorky black gear, loads of tattoos and won't stop spamming the same running move over and over.

ReiGun

You get to the end of the game and beat who you think is the final boss. Then before you can blink, Roman takes control of the evil macguffin crystal and morphs into a literal Big Dog.

All you hear is this for the next 30 minutes as you try to stop him from Superman Punching the world.

Rhaknar

who cares, we'll have this moment forever

I care. How can TNA trademark matt's maneurisms anyway? Wasnt he still Matt hardy? You cant trademark the crazy shit he says?

Pikma

Banned
I can't believe TNA keeps sending all of their stars to WWE

Like at this point TNA is better than the fucking PC at making WWE Superstars😂😂😂

Let's talk about the real story and that is how jacked HHH looked. Dood might have been in the best shape of his career. Definite end game goals.

Let's talk about the real story and that is how jacked HHH looked. Dood might have been in the best shape of his career. Definite end game goals.

WWE needs to test that guy with their wellness policy. Father Time should've caught up with trips by now, but maybe he really just is a freak of nature.

Forkball

I will say that I think the right guy won for most of the matches. I feel like for the past few years, they've booked a surprise win that completely flew in the face of logic only to get a #WrestlemaniaMoment and big pop. Ryder won the IC title last year out of nowhere, only to lose it a day later and disappear. There was no reason for Jericho to beat AJ last year, nor for the League of Nations to beat The New Day. I know a lot of people wanted Wyatt or Jericho to come out on top, but I think both had a logical conclusion to their storylines.

WWE needs to test that guy with their wellness policy. Father Time should've caught up with trips by now, but maybe he really just is a freak of nature.

Dude has stated several times that the only time he has to train is around midnight. I don't think he's on roids, but that he's actually one of the most committed guys to maintain his badass figure.

jurgen

Dude has stated several times that the only time he has to train is around midnight. I don't think he's on roids, but that he's actually one of the most committed guys to maintain his badass figure.

He likely is. He's technically not a full time performer, so he's not subject to WWE's wellness policy.
Same as Lesnar

cordy

Banned
I don't like Roman but he definitely has one of if not the best looks ever for a WWE wrestler. Dude just looks cool as shit -___-;
Yeah he looks like a cool character. If he turned heel he'd be the coolest heel on the roster.
I'd say he's more like the CAW of that kid you face online. It's got max stats, dorky black gear, loads of tattoos and won't stop spamming the same running move over and over.
Yeah I can see that. Even his name "Roman Reigns" is CAW-like.
You get to the end of the game and beat who you think is the final boss. Then before you can blink, Roman takes control of the evil macguffin crystal and morphs into a literal Big Dog.

All you hear is this for the next 30 minutes as you try to stop him from Superman Punching the world.
LMAO.

This is a new GAF classic. We need someone to make this game now.

I will say that I think the right guy won for most of the matches. I feel like for the past few years, they've booked a surprise win that completely flew in the face of logic only to get a #WrestlemaniaMoment and big pop. Ryder won the IC title last year out of nowhere, only to lose it a day later and disappear. There was no reason for Jericho to beat AJ last year, nor for the League of Nations to beat The New Day. I know a lot of people wanted Wyatt or Jericho to come out on top, but I think both had a logical conclusion to their storylines.

But Orton was the dickhead in that feud... like What did Wyatt do to deserve what Orton did to him lol....

cordy

Banned
Good point. Let's look at the winners.

- Neville (makes sense, best Cruiserweight right now)
- Mojo Rawley (ok, this makes no sense at all, woulda gave it to Braun or Zayn but I do see they at least prepped up on him potentially winning over the past few weeks)
- Ambrose (shit match with Lesnar last year, worked most dates, I can see them giving him a win due to last year)
- Styles (should have won the Jericho match last year, amazing wrestler, I can see them giving him the win)
- Owens (Jericho's taking off for Fozzy, Owens hasn't won at a WM yet, ok)
- Bayley (she's the new champion and she won without anyone's help unlike the previous times, popular, I see it)
- Hardyz (most popular and experienced and no one wants an Enzo/Cass reign right now, heavily approve)
- Cena/Nikki (proposal, ok)
- Rollins (missed WM last year and this is the ending of this long Authority feud, ok)
- Orton (makes sense from a storyline perspective...just not a booking perspective since Wyatt hasn't won a WM yet and he needed this bad)
- Lesnar (Goldberg's contract is over and they're leading to the next Reigns match, ok)
- Naomi (she wasn't going to lose the title but she had to due to her injury, Orlando, ok)
- Reigns ("if you leave the territory, put the other star over")

Top Bottom