• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Bronx-Man

Banned
you're right he'll get his ass over the top rope in the Rumble
69254564db6965d69d3eb0067431a4a0.gif

UZFVYHT.gif

Tagyhag

If we forget Omega, who is a big name outside of WWE?.

Okada, Tanahashi, Naito, Shibata, Pentagon Jr., Will Ospreay, Zack Sabre, Ricochet, Adam Cole, Jay Lethal, Lashley?, and The Young Bucks.

I could see maybe...Half that list ever wrestling (Or wrestling again) for WWE.

Punk is going to come back as a part timer who's immediately going to become a mega heel who's a dick because he's now getting that part timer privilege.

CM Punk?

Have him come back with AJ. Feud with Miz and Maryse

Get miz to cut one of his God tier worked shoots on punk about his hypocrisy

Maybe reenact CM Punks UFC loss in a segment lol...

Caderfix

After he gets slapped again at UFC. How about that pot head guy, who sounds like a pot head skater? (Can't remember his name) Is he any good?

Is there a pro-wrestler signed with UFC? Now that you mentioned pot head and UFC, I want Nate and Nick to be tag champs.

imBask

Banned
I think the error you guys are making is assuming that Vince won't raid, buy and kill every organization out there

You can't have "talents outside of WWE" if there are no other organization, that's the Vince McMahon plan

Cagey

Banned
Okada, Tanahashi, Naito, Shibata, Pentagon Jr., Will Ospreay, Zack Sabre, Ricochet, Adam Cole, Jay Lethal, Lashley?, and The Young Bucks.

I could see maybe...Half that list ever wrestling (Or wrestling again) for WWE.
Young Bucks v. Lesnar in a handicap match for the world title.

I'd dutifully pay my 9.99 for the wrasslin version of a snuff film.

Toki767

I think the error you guys are making is assuming that Vince won't raid, buy and kill every organization out there

You can't have "talents outside of WWE" if there are no other organization, that's the Vince McMahon plan

Yep.

But fortunately, some people are just never going to trust WWE and value creative freedom more than money.

Beefy

Dude look at my post. I said the same thing.

Vince? That's Triple H's gameplan now. Just look at all of the backstage pictures after someone new wins a title.

If we forget Omega, who is a big name outside of WWE?

Any wrestlers in Lucha worth anything?

Bucks
Ricochett
Ospreay
Riddle
Scurll
ZSJ
Ibushi
Pentagon Jr
Haskins

I don't know how many of these would be huge/big signings, but there is a solid list of people out there who could do well in WWE.

Sephzilla

Bucks
Ricochett
Ospreay
Riddle
Scurll
ZSJ
Ibushi
Pentagon Jr
Haskins

I don't know how many of these would be huge/big signings, but there is a solid list of people out there who could do well in WWE.

And unfortunately if these guys showed up in WWE I don't know if they'd even get massive pops.

Heroman

Banned
WWE can't have everyone, it impossible and not feasible. What I expected is that there will be a revolving door of guys leaving and coming to WWE.

Caderfix

Because if I wanted to see two dudes doing chains of flips and shits in the middle of the ring just to end in a cool pose, I'd watch interpretive dancing not wrestling. Some flips are cool, but those two overdo it to the point it makes me want to stop watching. The match they had in a WCPW show soured me on flips.

Heroman

Banned
Because if I wanted to see two dudes doing chains of flips and shits in the middle of the ring just to end in a cool pose, I'd watch interpretive dancing not wrestling. Some flips are cool, but those two overdo it to the point it makes me want to stop watching.
But What Wrestling cause it can be anything.
And what interpretive dance has awesome level flips?

Beefy

Because if I wanted to see two dudes doing chains of flips and shits in the middle of the ring just to end in a cool pose, I'd watch interpretive dancing not wrestling. Some flips are cool, but those two overdo it to the point it makes me want to stop watching. The match they had in a WCPW show soured me on flips.

post-35374-nicolas-cage-fist-bump-gif-Con-8QKy.gif

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
*RAW opens*

*Taker's garb is still in the ring*

*Roman's music hits*

*Roman walks into the ring, looks at the gear, and puts on the hat*

Best timeline Roman heel turn.

Young Bucks v. Lesnar in a handicap match for the world title.

I'd dutifully pay my 9.99 for the wrasslin version of a snuff film.

Could Lesnar just grab one of them mid super kick and fling them halfway across a ring? Because I now want to see that.

Did you guys watch that Ride Along with Gallows and Anderson (and I think Cesaro and sdth )?

Gallows and Anderson are too funny. I lost my shit when they were twlling a story about a certain sound Finn Balor makes while working out.

Barrage

This is the first time since the RAW after MITB 2011 that my friends are scrambling to figure out where we're gonna watch RAW.

This weekend just cemented that I don't give a shit about "technically" great wrestling. I just want to have a good time. I enjoyed the mixed tag at Mania more than any match on Takeover, and Spring Break was easily my favorite show of the weekend.

Also, JP and Jack tearing into WrestleMania on the Lapsed Fan postshow was amazing. I never hear those dudes angry like that. I don't really blame them. They did a 5 hour preshow, then Mania was 7 hours long. It was just very different than what I'm used to.

Fox318

Serious question:

What does the WWE do if Roman quits or commits a crime that would hurt his image? They have sacrificed everything to this one guy in getting him over.

Sephzilla

And I think the same likely will apply to Omega

These guys thrive in other feds because they're not tied down by WWE writing and booking.

Omega would need a smark as fuck crowd to get a big pop in a WWE debut

Serious question:

What does the WWE do if Roman quits or commits a crime that would hurt his image? They have sacrificed everything to this one guy in getting him over.

Vince pleads with John Cena on live television.

Alternatively, he triples down on Orton

Toki767

Serious question:

They'll probably fall back on Rollins and Ambrose in the short term.

They have no long term plan.

Caderfix

But What Wrestling cause it can be anything.

Pro-Wrestling is fake fighting, but in order for me to buy in, it has to at least resemble something real, even if just barely. Moves that are improbable and not selling being dropped on your head? Ok, I can deal with that, now 1 minute of straight flip chains in which flips are the only thing happening is when it becomes unbearable to me.

Top Bottom