• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

I really hope Rollins is done with Triple H. If not, move him to Smackdown. No more Triple H matches. I only want to see him if he's with Stephanie. They shouldn't be allowed to be on camera by themselves.

Ithil

17596415_1803377139915000_5269473286445596672_n.jpg

Finally, a title to match his skin tone.

Tagyhag

Try to make it work again with Rollins

Heh, it's funny how messed up they are individually to be the top guy in the company.

Roman has X-Pac heat, Rollins breaks apart all the time, and Dean is a messed up drunken fool.

They badly, BADLY, need a new Cena. Dude was like 25 when he debuted and they were able to get him over in less than 2 years.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just cant see Seth as a face. He just looks like a heel imo. Same for Orton. /shrug

I really hope Rollins is done with Triple H. If not, move him to Smackdown. No more Triple H matches. I only want to see him if he's with Stephanie. They shouldn't be allowed to be on camera by themselves.

Get ready for THE KING OF KINGS VS THE DEMON KING at WrestleMania 34

Y'all spent so much time talking about Taker looking like shit but no one mentioned Goldberg was gassed inside of 5 minutes. A guy who is in way better shape was looking sloppy and barely able to pull of their signature move within 5 minutes of the match beginning.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Heh, it's funny how messed up they are individually to be the top guy in the company.

Roman has X-Pac heat, Rollins breaks apart all the time, and Dean is a messed up drunken fool.

They badly, BADLY, need a new Cena. Dude was like 25 when he debuted and they were able to get him over in less than 2 years.

tumblr_ont2d2OzOU1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Caderfix

In the mean time, building others that got over organically wouldn't hurt. They are dropping the ball so hard with Rusev and Sami, for example, it's not even funny.

Tagyhag

Y'all spent so much time talking about Taker looking like shit but no one mentioned Goldberg was gassed inside of 5 minutes. A guy who is in way better shape was looking sloppy and barely able to pull of their signature move within 5 minutes of the match beginning.

The point is, it was a 5 minute match.

We had to endure Taker/Reigns for 23 minutes.

Yeah I was thinking about Styles, but dude is already 39. If anything he'd be a band-aid covering the crack.

They need someone who can be their top guy for at least a decade.

You can't compare the shit Goldberg did in his match to that that Taker tried to, regardless of time.

Get ready for THE KING OF KINGS VS THE DEMON KING at WrestleMania 34
Pls no
I will not say a bad thing about Goldberg. Dude walked 2 miles to the ring and took 10 German suplexes. He's good in my book.

Seth's voice is too nasally and whiny for my tastes. Guy should be a heel permanently with that voice.

All members of the Shield are a mess in their own special way.

They had their chance in 2011 a blew it

Who gives a shit if he was gassed it was a fun match and it woke up the crowd.

If Goldberg and Brock went 25 minutes, you would have a strong argument.

Am I stupid for being pretty damn hyped for RAW tonight?

It's guaranteed to be one of the most exciting Raws of the year. So no, not really. As long as you treat it like the anomaly it is.

Tagyhag

Uh, that's the whole damn point. Goldberg should have had no problem going those 5 minutes.

I'm not up to Taker's match yet, so I guess I should hold off full judgement.

Goldberg is 50 years old, they played exactly to his and Brock's strengths.

Had we seen a 20+ minute match variation of what we had, it would have been TERRIBLE.

So, it would have been that Taker/Reigns match.

Ithil

Sure but it was a five minute match and he took ten German suplexes at 50. It was the ideal use of him, he just fired all the cylinders he had left for five minutes and then they were done.
It was the exact opposite of their previous snail paced WM match.

Tbh, Ambrose being so awkward at interviews is probably a big factor why they don't push him to be the main top guy. Guys like Seth, Finn and Roman seem warm, comfortable and open during interviews but Ambrose always comes off as highly awkward during them.

Case in point the Austin one.

Sephzilla

Yeah I was thinking about Styles, but dude is already 39. If anything he'd be a band-aid covering the crack.

I actually think this mindset is the problem, though. Depending on one guy to carry the company for a decade is what put them in this spot. They need to have multiple guys who can carry the company and not necessarily for gigantic stints of time either. I feel like that mindset would help them focus on building deeper rosters.

Austin was the top guy in WWE for only 6 years, and even then he still had Rock, Foley, Undertaker, Kane, and HHH.

Fox318

The point is, it was a 5 minute match.

We had to endure Taker/Reigns for 23 minutes.

Do they really?

Austin was the top guy for like 3 years and they made more money than they ever did.

Why not give guys shorter runs.

Tagyhag

I actually think this mindset is the problem, though. Depending on one guy to carry the company for a decade is what put them in this spot. They need to have multiple guys who can carry the company and not necessarily for gigantic stints of time either. I feel like that mindset would help them focus on building deeper rosters.

Austin was the top guy in WWE for only 6 years, and even then he still had Rock, Foley, Undertaker, Kane, and HHH.

Oh I definitely agree, it gets stale fast. I'm just looking at it their through their point of view.

Rhaknar

Finn Balor will never be at Wrestlemania

there's no way he's crawling all the way down that ramp

he only crawls when hes the champion, he's stalking the belt.

goddamn it I love me that carny bullshit, fu guys ill fight each and every single one of you, im a biter too.

Seth seems untouchable. Guy's had nudes leaked, had the word come out he cheated on the woman he's engaged to with a lady later revealed to be liking Nazi shit (and then proceeded to stay with her for a fair while after that got leaked), injured two people in the span of a year and is still pushed as a top guy.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Seth seems untouchable. Guy's had nudes leaked, had the word come out he cheated on the woman he's engaged to with a lady later revealed to be liking Nazi shit (and then proceeded to stay with her for a fair while after that got leaked), injured two people in the span of a year and is still pushed as a top guy.

perks of being one of Hunner's boyz

Rhaknar

Sanity entrance at WM 34 coming down from an actual helicopter. Do it Vince!

Sanity wont exist by next year's WM time I know ;_;

I don't know if they did that tbh. You mainly heard the crowd when the announcers weren't talking, so I assumed that they just gave the announcer mics priority. No clue though.

I know during the last match there were times when the whole crowd was chanting yes or booing, and you could barley hear it.

Sephzilla

Why is there not more outrage for muting the crowd? Why is not a big deal?

Because most people have realized that Vince is going to continue doing it no matter what. There's been public outrage over it and Vince's refusal to change in light of sinking ratings and attendance numbers have already made it clear that Vince doesn't care.

The thing is it genuinely does seem like they've tried to do that

Seth keeps getting hurt, Finn is recovering from getting hurt, they can't really do anything with Joe until one of them is 100%. Brock and Cena are part time, Styles is in limbo until Nakamura is called up and they're on the same brand

They've got guys, just none who are in the perfect situation at once. Austin, Rock, Foley, Taker, Kane, and HHH were all healthy and all around all at once. With this schedule and this indy guys high flyer high risk mentality, you aren't getting that type of situation ever again 365 days of the year. Their bodies and health won't allow it.

Top Bottom