• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

He wouldn't do any good to the belts. A proper run with no title involved would be the way to go, in my opinion.

Aye, that's fair. I just figured with him in Golden Truth at the moment(?) that "One last shot at singles gold" would be a decent enough motivation for the split.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Imagine how much WWE is gonna spin Roman vs Taker as this iconic end of an era jawdropper of a match in every Undertaker documentary until the end of time now.

cordy

Banned
Did you see any of Ambrose's rope shit? Talk about lazy as fuck. No where did I say Corbin was good.

I think their match just didn't work great because of where they were and the fact they didn't have a hardcore match. The feud was built on that so to have them have a regular match where Ambrose was getting beaten up most of the time was weird. Meltz/Alva even said that they'll have a better match next time. Just seemed to me that they were one of the WM matches that were damaged due to limitations.

Like, I see no reason why Reigns/Taker was a no holds barred match while Ambrose/Corbin was a standard match. These 2 dudes just got the short end of the stick. Sad.

Beefy

I think their match just didn't work great because of where they were and the fact they didn't have a hardcore match. The feud was built on that so to have them have a regular match where Ambrose was getting beaten up most of the time was weird. Meltz/Alva even said that they'll have a better match next time. Just seemed to me that they were one of the WM matches that were damaged due to limitations.

Like, I see no reason why Reigns/Taker was a no holds barred match while Ambrose/Corbin was a standard match. These 2 dudes just got the short end of the stick. Meltz/Alva even said Ambrose/Corbin could have had a better match and they likely will but they were just stuck in a way it seems. Sad.

Yeah it just didn't work, both looked bad. It doesn't help that for a time now Ambrose has been a lazy worker, dude needs a slap to wake himself up.

So how long before Omega joins WWE on a shit loads of cash?

I still can't believe Ambrose from being world champ six months ago to being on the Wrestlemania pre-show.

Can you really not believe it.

4OofDKq.png

Can you really.

Anth0ny

It's going to be so awkward in 5 years when Vince can't rely on attitude era nostalgia anymore. I know it's already beginning to happen, but man, the company's over-reliance on Cena and inability to make a deep amount of solid stars is really going to hurt them.

Barring a miracle, it's how they die tbh

Caderfix

This isn't going to be Goldberg's last Mania.

I imagine next year they'll let him squash someone like a Miz.

He'll return and the fans will turn on him, then he'll win the Rumble while Sami is left to the sidelines and the fans will riot, so WWE will add Sami to the Mania main even with one condition, he'll have to defeat HHH in a match earlier during Mania 34. Then HHH will beat Sami and proceed to beat Goldberg and the other guy during the main event to become a 15 times world champion.

Ambrose vs Corbin can be great with weapons. Normal match wise it's meh.

And Styles was 3 months ago, and curtain jerked

We know what the A-show is now, at least
The thing with Styles isn't so bad. Regardless of how it's viewed, it was seen as one of the high profile Smackdown matches.

Opening match is a much better position then the pre-show.

cordy

Banned
Becky Lynch was women's champ not that long ago either. No offense to Naomi, she deserves it but Becky's gotta go heel and get that belt back.

Idk good for SD to keep on moving with guys, they're not stagnant. At the same time you have to look back and exactly how much has changed on the program since the brand split. Feels like it's been 3 years rather than 8 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5hCKloquA

"The Undertaker makes perhaps his final WrestleMania entrance: WrestleMania 33(WWE Network) "

Please, WWE, just let the man stay retired.

Well Cena has also done 2 false retirements aswell. That one time where he lost on a PPV did a promo where he basically said he was done and needed to go home, he ended up saying fuck it, divorced his wife, showed up the next night on RAW and no sold the loss. The other where he lost to AJ Styles and left his armband in the ring just like the Taker thing last night.

The HHH/Rollins match is going on way too long. The crowd is already dying down

Edit: I also keep forgetting in these open air situations you rarely hear the full crowd.

Becky Lynch was women's champ not that long ago either. No offense to Naomi, she deserves it but Becky's gotta go heel and get that belt back.

Idk good for SD to keep on moving with guys, they're not stagnant. At the same time you have to look back and exactly how much has changed on the program since the brand split. Feels like it's been 3 years rather than 8 months.
Becky is one of the few genuine faces WWE have. She's been consistently over and actually manages to have good writing for her character to make the crowds root for her. Turning her heel would be ridiculous.

It's probably why Vince is so desperate to make Roman happen. He knows the Attitude Era nostalgia well is almost dry and he sees that Cena is getting the fuck out of town now as well.

I think popularity dying and reduction of the production value could go a long way for the company. Reducing the number of PPV and big venues would help to make things like the Big 4 feel special.

I love how NJPW is this big promotion but still holds events in these tiny ass arenas.

ReiGun

Smackdown's women's division needs one really stand out heel. Alexa Bliss is great, but she's still green and not quite ready to be the top heel in a division.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be anyone else on the horizon to take that spot.

Tagyhag

It's probably why Vince is so desperate to make Roman happen. He knows the Attitude Era nostalgia well is almost dry and he sees that Cena is getting the fuck out of town now as well.

I think right now we're having a clash between Trips signing up a shitload of new talent to deepen the pool and Vince trying to use the tried and true method of nostalgia.

Eventually, Vince is going to have to agree with Trips' method.

hasn't kenny called out people a fuckload for going to wwe just for the bigger paycheck?

he'll be living long enough to become the villain if he jumps there.

Beefy

I think popularity dying and reduction of the production value could go a long way for the company. Reducing the number of PPV and big venues would help to make things like the Big 4 feel special.

I love how NJPW is this big promotion but still holds events in these tiny ass arenas.

I can see it having a different effect. I can see WWE buying up shit loads of big wrestlers from outside the US and even buy a few more small wrestling companies. I can see them panicking and destroying the indies.

Sephzilla

Kenny will jump to WWE at some point but it will probably be a couple of years from now when he wants one big North American run before retiring.

klonere

Banned
hasn't kenny called out people a fuckload for going to wwe just for the bigger paycheck?

I'm pretty sure that's him just working his character, especially given the certainty of a Kenny/Adam Cole match that would be built under that storyline.

Just like if Punk ever comes back, it'll be under Vince, and as a part-timer for that Mania main event.

This is wrestling. Everyone becomes a villain eventually

Tagyhag

I think he'll be more mature by the time that happens.

Like, how could you blame anyone, especially a westerner, for going to WWE for a bigger paycheck?

Not only are you closer to your family, but you are more likely making way more money for them. Kenny's not even married so he doesn't get it.

Top Bottom