• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Ithil

I hope Taker's clothes are still in the ring at RAW and they act like they were there all night even though it's in a different building.

Sephzilla

*RAW opens*

*Taker's garb is still in the ring*

*Roman's music hits*

*Roman walks into the ring, looks at the gear, and puts on the hat*

Bronx-Man

Banned
The Olds can still go!
DM:

kluIW7m.gif

I finally decided to actually look at the What Culture wrestling coverage and jeez. Everything is a list of some kind.

7 reasons why the Undertaker should retire
top 10 moments of mania
top 18 signs of mania
10 impulse reactions after mania
10 things we learned from the HOF

Fuuuuuck.

With so much clickbait and 1 page per item lists you would think they could keep their champion under contract.

I think of it as an act more than anything. They clearly love wrestling, but just miss the days of past.

I get that, lapsed Vince makes me laugh a lot as well and there is a lot of valid criticism but their post show just seemed vitriolic. Like i say I'll stick to the retro reviews because the long shows go with long skyrim sessions too well.

I get the horrible feeling Kane has just walked off into in ring retirement without any big moment, it seems like the kind of thing he would do.

He's got a mayoral election to win and an insurance business to run. At least until May 2018 he's super super super part-time, and that's assuming he loses

But hey, if he wins, Mayor Kane on May 19!

He's got a mayoral election to win and an insurance business to run. At least until May 2018 he's super super super part-time, and that's assuming he loses

But hey, if he wins, Mayor Kane on May 19!

This is now confirmed to be stealth WWE booking, he's gonna chokeslam everyone at that event in madness for the WWE media coverage.

Sephzilla

Kane going out with absolutely no fanfare is a little disappointing. But his character has been retconned and changed so much from his inception that at this point i don't know if people would really give him a huge send off.

Kinda want one last proper singles run from Goldust before he retires. Just powerslamming fuckers left and right. Doesn't have to be for the top gold even, have him win the US or Intercontinental one and find a reason for it to be when he loses it he's fired. Then, finally, at SummerSlam he loses to [insert wrestler here].

Caderfix

Kinda want one last proper singles run from Goldust before he retires. Just powerslamming fuckers left and right. Doesn't have to be for the top gold even, have him win the US or Intercontinental one and find a reason for it to be when he loses it he's fired. Then, finally, at SummerSlam he loses to [insert wrestler here].

He wouldn't do any good to the belts. A proper run with no title involved would be the way to go, in my opinion.

Beefy

Problem is they need to replace the old dudes. So WWE needs to do a lot of recruiting, I mean 10- 15 new wrestlers.

Sephzilla

It's going to be so awkward in 5 years when Vince can't rely on attitude era nostalgia anymore. I know it's already beginning to happen, but man, the company's over-reliance on Cena and inability to make a deep amount of solid stars is really going to hurt them.

cordy

Banned
Listening to Meltz/Alva review WM and damn Meltz pretty much shit on Corbin in their match. Said Ambrose at least tried but Corbin works better in arenas rather than stadiums, interesting to think about that. I never thought about what guys work better in some places than others. Corbin's style is better in a closed NXT/Raw/SD space due to what he can do. Dude said "Corbin's got potential, I'm not trying to bury him bu-" like, fuck man. You know what you said.

Maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn, this talk about the battle royal though fuck. They're going off on it.

It's going to be so awkward in 5 years when Vince can't rely on attitude era nostalgia anymore. I know it's already beginning to happen, but man, the company's over-reliance on Cena and inability to make a deep amount of solid stars is really going to hurt them.

its not his fault that all the new generation just care about having technical matches.

imBask

Banned
Nostalgia isn't tied to the Attitude Era.

People who grew up watching John Cena battle Randy Orton will be fucking excited to see them back at WM 42

just ask OwensIsNow, he'll be major by then

Beefy

Listening to Meltz/Alva review WM and damn Meltz pretty much shit on Corbin in their match. Said Ambrose tried but Corbin works better in arenas rather than stadiums, interesting to think about that. I never thought about what guys work better in some places than others. Dude said "Corbin's got potential, I'm not trying to bury him bu-" like, fuck man. You know what you said.

Maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn, this talk about the battle royal though fuck.

Ambrose was worst then Corbin last night. Ambrose looked like he couldn't be fucked.

cordy

Banned
Ambrose was worst then Corbin last night. Ambrose looked like he couldn't be fucked.

Corbin let Ambrose go in the middle of a Deep Six. I don't care what yall say that's some wild shit. The only reason that finish of the match even worked was because of Ambrose idk

I think that match exposed Corbin to me. He's good but it felt like Ambrose was doing most of the work and all Corbin was doing was yelling. I went back and watched that Fatal-4-Way with Styles in and and even the EC match and each time it looked like these guys were trying their hearts out to work with the guy but he's not delivering.

jmdajr

Who will be the last Attitutde era dude to have a match?

HHH can still go I think until he's 50 but we'll see.

edit: Maybe just Shane, Hardy's, and Jericho.

Beefy

Corbin let Ambrose go in the middle of a Deep Six. I don't care what yall say that's some wild shit. The only reason that finish of the match even worked was because of Ambrose idk

I think that match exposed Corbin to me. He's good but it felt like Ambrose was doing most of the work and all Corbin was doing was yelling. I went back and watched that Fatal-4-Way with Styles in and and even the EC match and each time it looked like these guys were trying their hearts out to work with the guy but he's not delivering.

Did you see any of Ambrose's rope shit? Talk about lazy as fuck. No where did I say Corbin was good.

Sephzilla

Who will be the last Attitutde era dude to have a match?

HHH can still go I think until he's 50 but we'll see.

It's almost certainly going to be HHH. Although with Matt and Jeff back they could be the last proper Attitude Era guys to wrestle in WWE

Tagyhag

Matt and Jeff's return is #1 trending on Youtube.

So weird, first time I've ever seen a WWE video up there.

And even weirder, it's not Undertaker retiring.

Top Bottom