• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Fox318

20160808_raw_video_rollins-8c69453bfd52d411a7320f9753d6feea-1200x675-470x264.jpg

WE'VE GOT UNFINISHED BUSINESS, DEMON KING

ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE IS MY MIDDLE NAME DEMON KING

cordy

Banned
lil-wayne-laughing.gif

Alvarez said the ring Cena used to propose was the size of the Big Gold Belt Flair used to wear. Dat Dah Guy money!

jurgen

My whole issue with Balor/Demon Balor is that he's basically the same guy except he's got on paint and he crawls. He needs to divide himself up more and change his style up so there's a real difference.

I don't feel like Balor's really had the chance to distinguish the two persona's. He had a good run with the character in NXT but that's with the budget and time constraints that come with that promotion. He was on Raw for what, not even a month?

I see him distinguishing the two a bit this summer. Vince is probably staring at him with dollar signs and visions of Halloween merchandise in his head so fleshing the demon out will probably happen this year.

The same thing that's happened in the past, WWE will limit the availability and amount of merch for their non chosen guy.

I doubt that's going to happen between Summerslam and Survivor Series. Vince wants that spoopy money.

Wouldn't it be more viable to have a few guys at the top rather than putting the whole thing on one person's shoulders? I mean it worked with Hogan, sure, but it's not 1986 anymore.

As others have said, wrestling was never more popular than it was in the AE and you had Austin, Rock, Foley, Taker, Angle (and sometimes Angle and HHH) as over, main event guys.

Even the Ruthless Agression/PG Era, with all of the Cena stuff, still had Orton, Batista, Rey and Punk.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I still need someone to explain why HHH's entrance involved police in motor scooters.

And they were riding down the ramp slower than John Cena ran down.

I laughed a lot reading my twitter TL describe them as the married couple that shares Blue Lives Matter posts on Facebook and keeps asking other couples if they've ever tried swinging.

ReiGun

All this future talk made me realize Trips and Steph ate very likely going to be on screen characters for the next two decades.

I can't

cordy

Banned
I don't feel like Balor's really had the chance to distinguish the two persona's. He had a good run with the character in NXT but that's with the budget and time constraints that come with that promotion. He was on Raw for what, not even a month?

I see him distinguishing the two a bit this summer. Vince is probably staring at him with dollar signs and visions of Halloween merchandise in his head so fleshing the demon out will probably happen this year.
I hope he does but then again who knows. I don't know how Balor was in NJPW but does he have the ability to divide his 2 characters up? Maybe he just only needs to bring the Demon out during the Big Four. That makes the most sense to me. Just have the Summerslam match be a glimpse of the Demon. We don't need to see it at every ppv.
The liked the proposal, but shit all over the match
Tbh who didn't shit on the match? It was bad and barely anything happened. People won't remember this for the match, they'll only remember the proposal.

I hope he does but then again who knows. I don't know how Balor was in NJPW but does he have the ability to divide his 2 characters up? Maybe he just only needs to bring the Demon out during the Big Four. That makes the most sense to me. Just have the Summerslam match be a glimpse of the Demon. We don't need to see it at every ppv.
We're seeing the Demon King at every PPV. It practically shits money.

shanafan

Pop quiz... any wrestler's on WWE roster who don't go by any 'real' names? Is the Undertaker the last guy with a gimmick name?

Top Bottom