• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Anth0ny

It's funny how WWE always calls out how WCW never gave its undercard talent opportunities yet WWE frequently did the exact same thing

You could literally take the audio from those "this is how WCW died" documentaries on the network and replace it with WWE footage from the last 10 years.

WWE filed some new trademarks for names, and most of them are just NXT names including Ohno and others, but two of them are interesting, Eric Young and Roderick Strong. So those two have given up their names to WWE in order to keep using them there. Young makes sense, at his age this is really his last major run and he seems to be in a solid spot with Sanity, but Strong surprises me, they're not doing much with him so far and he may very well wind up back in the indies down the road, sans his name.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him be a bigger deal in NXT once some of the main eventers are called up between now and next year.

Vince could not care less about the Hardys except for the fact that now he has them and others do not.
Matt is 100% responsible for making the Hardys a big deal.
I can't really fault Vince for trying to capitalize on something popular.
Little side thing...
Kallisto's mask which was totally wasted in the Royal last night, was special made by Tom Savini
Pic pls. I couldn't tell if that was him or Sin Cara with a full WrestleMania attire.
Huge missed opportunity for Rollins to not come to the ring dressed as Jamie Lannister by the way.

He was almost dressed the part.
Rollins attire and entrance were both horrible. Hell...the match too.

AColdDay

Vince could not care less about the Hardys except for the fact that now he has them and others do not.
Matt is 100% responsible for making the Hardys a big deal.

Yep. If Matt didn't get the broken gimmick over this Hardy run would be like the Dudleys return in the WWE.

Hex

Banned
I can't really fault Vince for trying to capitalize on something popular.

Pic pls. I couldn't tell if that was him or Sin Cara with a full WrestleMania attire.

Rollins attire and entrance were both horrible. Hell...the match too.

D2sWonE.jpg

Tweet

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I wonder what happens / how Vince responds if Balor ends up catching Roman in merch numbers once Balor comes back healthy.

Considering he had Balor beat Reigns clean as soon as he brought him up to RAW, gonna guess Owens / Reigns have been the contingency plan for Balor for some time now; and we might get to see Balor unleashed tonight.

imBask

Banned
HHH will do a promo about how he won and stuff

oh wait no he didn't

he did the job

AGAIN

at WRESTLEMANIA

He lost against a young star

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Caderfix

Wait, is Triple H actually having a promo?

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DOES IT TAKE FOR HIM TO BE BEATEN BEFORE HE FUCKS OFF

This is not going to end so soon. Steph was harmed, so they'll milk this for a while longer, most likely. However, I don't expect him to fight but rather to send his guys to do the job.

Great mask for a dude that lasted like, literally seconds in the Battle Royal.

Also, no way anybody other than the Hardyz is opening Raw.

jmdajr

HHH never even got his rematch against Reigns.

edit: lolz. I forget Reigns lost the Title only because he got popped.

there you go :)

and it's not getting any better. which is why I think they're fucked, barring a miracle.

In 97, that miracle was Stone Cold. If there isn't another Stone Cold coming around, the ratings keep going down and eventually they lose their TV deal.

I agree with you.

Within the next few years they wont be able to rely on part time talent and everyone apart from the very few chosen people/person have been jobbed out in favor of part timers and dont look like stars. Theyve eroded their own roster pretty badly.

People shouldnt be arguing about merch sales either. WWE have a history of screwing their non-chosen people out of merch too. Christian is the first example that comes to mind.

Hex

Banned
I am hoping that HHH comes out for a promo and is interrupted by someone most likely Seth, then Stephanie will come out making noise, then someone will come out and remind her that she was fired.
She will get uppity, HHH will get uppity then other music will play and the new GM will come out

I, for one, am looking forward to New Generation 2.0

BRING BACK THE GOON

I am hoping that HHH comes out for a promo and is interrupted by someone most likely Seth, then Stephanie will come out making noise, then someone will come out and remind her that she was fired.
She will get uppity, HHH will get uppity then other music will play and the new GM will come out

and it's Kurt Angle

Top Bottom