• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Psicosis is straight up the best all-around cruiserweight in WCW. He's got it all, daddy.
otYIqAR.gif

It's a shame Histeria didn't come with him to WCW.

Toki767

Meltzer said there's huge news about Lucha Underground coming up in a few. Wonder what it could be.

Maybe they finally got a Netflix deal.

Monsoon? As in Gorilla monsoon?
Yep, the big Gorilla in the sky. The one and only. The President of the WWF.

I wonder if kayfabe is still alive in Puerto Rico

So Dan Severn's hair was a toupee according to Gangrel. They were training and Test threw him over the ropes and it came off.

klonere

Banned
NJ Attack spoilers

A star is born. Reste tranquilo friends

Naito books on the side for WWE "E. Key Oide ‏@e_key_oide 58s58 seconds ago
Naito "None of the titles mean as much as getting to feud with me." #njattack #njpwworld"

Deep down, what you want, what you need...is Kane.

You need someone to stand there and look menacing? You call Kane.
You need someone to squash the shit out of some jobber? You call Kane.
You need someone to put the hot new young thing over? You call Kane.
You need a comedy segment to fill five minutes? You call Kane.
Vince McMahon have a really bad idea that you can't seem to get him to shut up about? You give it to Kane.
Your number one contender blew out his knee? It's Kane time.
Some nameless Uso fell on his head and now he can't face the Dudleys tonight? Damn right, you bring in Kane.
You simply just have 20 damn minutes to fill and everyone else went to TNA? Hey Kane, make up some shit for us OK?

We're on decade 3 and he's still there, still not a fragile indy scrub, still willing, still breathing. Not rising or falling or hurting or #GivingUp. Whatever you want, whatever you need, Kane can and will do. #ThereIsKane
The most true and uplifting post in the thread, the real company guy, the unsung hero, if Cena is supes then Kane is the bat...or something.
D5Iq6FU.gif

Friend of mine was super disappointed Kane didn't interfere in the Hell in a Cell match - he was convinced that, as Vince is the higher power of The Undertaker, Shane would be the higher power of Kane and Kane would help him win the match and gain control of RAW, setting up a Taker vs Kane match at next year's Mania.
I would've marked out more for this than even shane's cell jump.
But at least Kane was busy with putting over the new guy duties.

As for best hair in the biz? Obviously Booker T or Edge.
That japanese shampoo is legit.

Even if all of this is true, there's no reason for having Brock dominate the whole match and take the victory after 1 F5. They should've gone for at least 5 more minutes and have Dean get 1 or 2 near falls with Dirty Deeds onto a chair or something like that, but nope, just have 1 of your more over guys look like the chumpiests of chumps.

There's only so many times a guy can lose and remain relevant. Looking at you, Bray.

Everytime I read this it's written like Dean walked in the ring, got hit and then pinned. He was slammed around repeatedly, slammed on chairs and then the F5 on the chairs.

I know Wreddit/GAF view Ambrose as the lord and savior to the gloryland of wrestling, but he wasn't squashed as bad as people are making him out to be. The Rock/Wyatts was far far worse.

Kornflayx

Everytime I read this it's written like Dean walked in the ring, got hit and then pinned. He was slammed around repeatedly, slammed on chairs and then the F5 on the chairs.

I know Wreddit/GAF view Ambrose as the lord and savior to the gloryland of wrestling, but he wasn't squashed as bad as people are making him out to be. The Rock/Wyatts was far far worse.

Brock toyed with him the whole match. The only offense Ambrose ever got in were sneaky shots with foreign objects. The moment Brock thought to himself "OK, I want to go home" he picked him up, F5d him onto the chairs and pinned him. That's just not something you do to an over babyface you so desperately need in your main events.

klonere

Banned
The Young Bucks ‏@MattJackson13 4m4 minutes ago
We just left the hospital. @Cody_Hall1 is going to be okay. No fractures. No concussion. But he's pretty banged up. He sends his love.

Thank god, he took a pretty nasty bump off the concrete.

Zach

Off, 98 starts out OK then takes a bit of a nosedive there. What made November To Remember so bad?

Meanie/Nova vs. Doring/Roadkill: all of these guys are in the running for Worst Look Ever. The wrasslin' was messy mediocrity, and these schmucks love performing try-hard, nonsensical moves.
Rogers vs. Smothers: In 1998. I have a soft spot for Smothers' ridiculous dance, though.
Storm vs. Lynn: Should've been great. Was saddled with Sunny and Mikey Whipwreck as the refs, and everything was muddled and stupid. And you know, constant up-skirts and just all kinds of disgusting related to the women involved. God.
Tanaka/Mahoney vs. Dudley Boyz: More messiness. Dudes everywhere. Oh, and one of the many matches that featured synchronized swimming-esque wrestling. That's cool once on an event, but everything is overdone with this show. Kill me.
Dreamer/Jake the Snake vs. Justin Credible/Jack Victory: I don't even want to talk about it. Jake's attire alone is enough to dismiss this crap.
Sabu/RVD/Taz vs. Douglas/Bigelow/Candido: Another mess. I'm tired of talking about it.

Terrible. Hated it. Sure, you could find a cool move here and there, but it's totally not worth it.

Zach

I forgot to mention that October 26, 1998 was the darkest day in the history of sports and/or entertainment, as Shane McMahon debuted as an on-screen authority figure, which opened the floodgates for McMahonMania to run wild for years and years and years.

The Young Bucks @MattJackson13
We just left the hospital. @Cody_Hall1 is going to be okay. No fractures. No concussion. But he's pretty banged up. He sends his love.

Thank God.

Top Bottom