• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Deep down, what you want, what you need...is Kane.

You need someone to stand there and look menacing? You call Kane.
You need someone to squash the shit out of some jobber? You call Kane.
You need someone to put the hot new young thing over? You call Kane.
You need a comedy segment to fill five minutes? You call Kane.
Vince McMahon have a really bad idea that you can't seem to get him to shut up about? You give it to Kane.
Your number one contender blew out his knee? It's Kane time.
Some nameless Uso fell on his head and now he can't face the Dudleys tonight? Damn right, you bring in Kane.
You simply just have 20 damn minutes to fill and everyone else went to TNA? Hey Kane, make up some shit for us OK?

We're on decade 3 and he's still there, still not a fragile indy scrub, still willing, still breathing. Not rising or falling or hurting or #GivingUp. Whatever you want, whatever you need, Kane can and will do. #ThereIsKane

Friend of mine was super disappointed Kane didn't interfere in the Hell in a Cell match - he was convinced that, as Vince is the higher power of The Undertaker, Shane would be the higher power of Kane and Kane would help him win the match and gain control of RAW, setting up a Taker vs Kane match at next year's Mania.

Friend of mine was super disappointed Kane didn't interfere in the Hell in a Cell match - he was convinced that, as Vince is the higher power of The Undertaker, Shane would be the higher power of Kane and Kane would help him win the match and gain control of RAW, setting up a Taker vs Kane match at next year's Mania.
Nah Kane only shows up on second rate ppvs. Never the big ppv.

Fox318

At this point if it's not gonna be sting or Vince putting over a younger guy because all he gives a fuck about is Roman than a Kane program could be good if Kane is off tv like taker.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are you still mad about that post I made? I recognize sarcasm isn't best communicated via text but I thought it was pretty clear.

I have no idea what any of this conversation is or what post you're talking about. I was just commenting on Sunny's post, IDK what the context of it was.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Okada wins, some of you might get your wishes. I might just stop posting here. Okada might actually kill my love of pro wrestling.

Some bad news from last night, the famous Blue Pants broke her ankle wrestling in a comic book store. She was wearing a Captain America costume. She may have been off her game, since she was not wearing pants, or even capris. Just trunks.

Does comic book store rank above or below apartment?

mreddie

WWE 2K16 or WWE Smackdown PS2?

CRx7Hc1WsAQxU0e.png

mreddie

SvR 2007 had the weirdest season mode.

tumblr_n7x1upguIn1rka1sjo6_500.gif

While the WWE 12 recap from Maffew is funny, Kevin Nash takes over WWE and turns it into WCW.

Son Of D

SvR 2007 had the weirdest season mode.

tumblr_n7x1upguIn1rka1sjo6_500.gif

While the WWE 12 recap from Maffew is funny, Kevin Nash takes over WWE and turns it into WCW.

I don't remember this at all. However I do remember SvR 2008 where Undertaker turns Finlay (or Santino) into a zombie. These games had such weird stories.

If Okada wins, some of you might get your wishes. I might just stop posting here. Okada might actually kill my love of pro wrestling.

Finn winning with Okada on top of that might not be the best week of pro-wrestling, but don't leave us, Data.

I have no idea what any of this conversation is or what post you're talking about. I was just commenting on Sunny's post, IDK what the context of it was.

There was a slew of anime posts the other day at which I jokingly scoffed that such a discussion was taking place in this thread. I then followed that up by mentioning I was watching Dungeon of Doom era WCW; the joke being that the Dungeon of Doom is quite silly and, therefore, who am I to make such judgements about anime. It was all light-hearted and in good fun, I assure you, but your reply to my post made you seem upset and unaware of my intentions, which is why I was concerned you were harboring animosity with that post I quoted.

And for what it's worth, if the consensus is the occasional anime talk is allowed but retro wrasslin talk isn't, then I'm OK with that. Anything to maintain and nurture The Health of This Thread. It's ever so fragile, friends.

Fox318

I still have no idea why they didn't even try to make dean look strong.

In Vinces head I think he wants to give any win of importance to Roman.

Everyone else is a jibber. All they care about is somebody they feel comfortable on the today show.

Even if he isn't half as over as his push.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Everyone else is a jibber. All they care about is somebody they feel comfortable on the today show.

Roman's already a heel: he gets booed and beats up babyfaces.

They dug up old hardcore legends for his shitty WM match. How is that not trying?

Also:
snaRmLj.gif

L8XFQ0Y.gif

shaowebb

Deep down, what you want, what you need...is Kane.

You need someone to stand there and look menacing? You call Kane.
You need someone to squash the shit out of some jobber? You call Kane.
You need someone to put the hot new young thing over? You call Kane.
You need a comedy segment to fill five minutes? You call Kane.
Vince McMahon have a really bad idea that you can't seem to get him to shut up about? You give it to Kane.
Your number one contender blew out his knee? It's Kane time.
Some nameless Uso fell on his head and now he can't face the Dudleys tonight? Damn right, you bring in Kane.
You simply just have 20 damn minutes to fill and everyone else went to TNA? Hey Kane, make up some shit for us OK?

We're on decade 3 and he's still there, still not a fragile indy scrub, still willing, still breathing. Not rising or falling or hurting or #GivingUp. Whatever you want, whatever you need, Kane can and will do. #ThereIsKane

He looks like a fat Uncle Fester and is about as scary as an old man yelling in a grocery store over coupons though. Here's a picture of him with Frazier for reference.

q6rHeOK.jpg

Hell even his mask sucks now. It looks like he's wearing a foreskin with eyeholes.

Zach

He looks like a fat Uncle Fester and is about as scary as an old man yelling in a grocery store over coupons though. Here's a picture of him with Frazier for reference.

q6rHeOK.jpg
Maybe this ECW PPV I'm watching isn't the worst thing ever after all...

shaowebb

Honestly I'm confused why Taker and Kane are wearing outfits that do NOTHING to hide their failing physiques. Kane is rather jowly and tubby and Taker is starting to get the floppy old man sag to his chest and he also has a gut. Why aren't they wearing their old outfits that have more coverage and patterns to mask this.

0QiYdNr.jpg

vs
q6rHeOK.jpg

Plus Taker had like a dozen different vests like Roman Reigns. Why not put him back in one of those to cover his chest and gut. Hell make a firey one for Kane. It'd be pretty easy. Put him in his old style mask to cover the jowly double chin thing. He sold better with his mouth and face covered compared to the way he looks yelling and scrunching up his face.

If they wont put them out to pasture as they should then they could at least do a better job of covering up the signs of age.

Honestly I'm confused why Taker and Kane are wearing outfits that do NOTHING to hide their failing physiques. Kane is rather jowly and tubby and Taker is starting to get the floppy old man sag to his chest and he also has a gut. Why aren't they wearing their old outfits that have more coverage and patterns to mask this.

0QiYdNr.jpg

vs
q6rHeOK.jpg

Plus Taker had like a dozen different vests like Roman Reigns. Why not put him back in one of those to cover his chest and gut. Hell make a firey one for Kane. It'd be pretty easy. Put him in his old style mask to cover the jowly double chin thing. He sold better with his mouth and face covered compared to the way he looks yelling and scrunching up his face.

If they wont put them out to pasture as they should then they could at least do a better job of covering up the signs of age.

I assume all that extra fabric would just cause their out of shape old man bodies to overheat and spontaneously combust.

JavyOO7

I think Dean should be the guy and just be let loose completely. Roman can't catch up to Dean and Seth right now and between Seth and Dean I still favor Dean. Seth might be more flashy and get more 'oohs' and 'aahs' from the audience, but Dean is still my boy. And he had the better main event match with HHH than Roman did.

And I'm such a big fanboy of Dean's promos. Its probably why he's not shoved down the card for eternity like Ziggler and etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vchJAqYDPxs

I harbor no illusions, I'm pretty sure Roman has 'the guy' label on lock for the next decade. He'll probably trade title wins Seth and NXT folks who successfully make the jump to the main roster. But I'll still enjoy Dean ranting about god knows what while he gets less and less cheers from the audience for never winning.

shaowebb

I assume all that extra fabric would just cause their out of shape old man bodies to overheat and spontaneously combust.

I largely believe this is why Kane had to remove the mouth covering from his mask designs. As he got older and more out of shape I think he was getting gassed and having a hard time breathing through the thing. Still not as bad a problem as Taker...he's been selling the long creepy tongue for years but now that he is old when he gets gassed he gets really really REALLY drooly and slobbers everywhere. He got downright gross in his past several matches with snot and drool everywhere vs Shane.

I think they need to retire before they do anymore damage to their legacy. WWE needs to groom a new monster storyline to feed their gimmick and spots to.

scabro

The guy with easily breakable bones

Congrats on taking Bryan's place, Seth. Zayn's giving you a run for your money there too though, be careful or you won't even be 1st place in anything

but seth has only had 1 injury since his debut

and it wasnt even a bone

It's only ok when blue does it

It makes me think

"What episode is he talking about???"

And then I think of the good old days of pro wrestling and it makes me happy
That moment when Bob Holly realizes his theme song is the same for Castrol GTX.

HE'S SHOOTING

Top Bottom