• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

klonere

Banned
People saying "Wow Ospreay really filling in his selling game in that Kushida match" exposing themselves as non-PROGRESS watchers. The whole Havoc series was based around Will selling.

Holy fucking shit at all of those Aztec Warfare 3 spoilers.

Matanza finally loses, and it's to Rey
Pentagon gets taken out by the joshi
Sexy Star wins the belt by pinning Mil

Say what you want about LU, but for better and for worse they're just like New Japan for me: perfect 99% of the time, but when they fuck up, it's all over the place

I can't defend any of that, even knowing the context

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pentagon is proof that Lucha Underground's bookers have the same WWE mentality
you're over, you can lose all the time! it won't effect you!

somedevil

I reading translation of from the New Japan show and Chono who was doing commentary compared Naito's outrageous remarks to Trump's.

So Naito is going to make New Japan great again.

From the Ellen Baker thread in OT:
12985622_520424181490849_7415788961898200462_n.jpg

People saying "Wow Ospreay really filling in his selling game in that Kushida match" exposing themselves as non-PROGRESS watchers. The whole Havoc series was based around Will selling.

People watch a flippy spotfest match with the likes of Ricochet and assume that's all Ospreay can do, when his babyface run in PROGRESS and his heel work in IPW:UK have generally shown that he can do it all.

bjork

Listening to power bombcast, Dan bitching about people spending thousands to go and do a bunch of random chants, when he spent thousands to go hold up an amiibo sign.

I have to side with the chant people here. Even though I normally hate that.

Fox318

Listening to power bombcast, Dan bitching about people spending thousands to go and do a bunch of random chants, when he spent thousands to go hold up an amiibo sign.

100%

The year before he had a giant cutout of his head in the crowd.

DMczaf

Oh shit. Stoked to watch Invasion Attack now.

Those LU spoilers aren't that surprising after they made the questionable decision of employing MVP.

Became a father again at 1209 am central time.
Girl no.2.
Wife is pretty tough brother.

Congrats on your new lil Hulkamaniac! They're like redwoods, brother, but watch out for that big stinky nasty giant trying to chop em down!

DMczaf

So after seeing how great of shape Shawn still is in, I now see why Vince offered him a ridiculous pay day to do a Rumble appearance this year.

and he still turned it down o_O

bjork

So after seeing how great of shape Shawn still is in, I now see why Vince offered him a ridiculous pay day to do a Rumble appearance this year.

and he still turned it down o_O

He got everything he wanted to get out of his system during his second run. I'm actually glad for that. It's nice to see someone retire without being physically forced to by injuries or death.

Random thought: they say money is one of the dirtier things we touch regularly. I wonder if anyone got sick from Ted DiBiase stuffing money in their mouth?

Bronx-Man

Banned

I don't even get Dan's logic. If I spent thousands, I do whatever what fuck I wanted (as long as it wouldn't get me kicked out).

Saw Dirty Dan tweet something that essentially said people didn't enjoy Mania because they didn't spend enough money on the week long festivities.

Striker

I forgot to mention that October 26, 1998 was the darkest day in the history of sports and/or entertainment, as Shane McMahon debuted as an on-screen authority figure, which opened the floodgates for McMahonMania to run wild for years and years and years.
I was okay with that. He took his bumps. Brisco and Patterson can only do so much. Problem is when Stephanie took a full role and then writing team, etc. Ugh.

klonere

Banned
You could have had an amazing Mania weekend and not gone to Mania, or hell, not gone to any WWE shows. That's a great statement for how much incredible wrestling we are getting nowadays.

bjork

So there's some NJPW game in the JP app store's top-grossing chart. Never seen this before and I know zero of the guys, but once it finishes downloading I'll report back.

edit - I see AJ and Nakamura in these stills during the data download. So maybe I do know a guy or two.

I feel like LU having the iTunes deal and NJPW having NJPW World, you have more options to watch wrestlings that is not WWE right now. Although, WWE Network is good for watching old shows/PPV.

You could have had an amazing Mania weekend and not gone to Mania, or hell, not gone to any WWE shows. That's a great statement for how much incredible wrestling we are getting nowadays.

If for some reason I change my mind and go to Orlando next year, I'm thinking of skipping Mania (and Raw and the Hall of Fame) and stick to TakeOver and the indie shows.

Top Bottom