• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Pizoxuat

If for some reason I change my mind and go to Orlando next year, I'm thinking of skipping Mania (and Raw and the Hall of Fame) and stick to TakeOver and the indie shows.

If we do Orlando next year, Take Over is a must, and I'd enjoy doing an Axxess session or two provided we time them right so we can get in line early, and I'd enjoy seeing Kaiju Big Battel again. We almost did Shimmer this time, but had some Axxess overlap.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's no way that's a shoot.

Flamita covered his face WAY too fast. Octagon has publicly been bitching about it. But Octagon is also apparently a useless, drunken slob who never contributed anything to AAA creatively according to Konnan.

Pizoxuat

I will admit that Wrestlemania live is a hell of an experience, and one I'd love to have again. Hopefully with a better card.

NoRéN

If for some reason I change my mind and go to Orlando next year, I'm thinking of skipping Mania (and Raw and the Hall of Fame) and stick to TakeOver and the indie shows.

When i went to Wrestlemania last year the overall consensus in my group was the following

1. NXT San Jose was the highlight of the trip
2. Wrestlecon was really good
3. 1st Wrestlemania: 3rd place by default

I don't pay enough attention to lucha to know what's going on, I just know that Octagon's reputedly a bit of a cunt and my twitter timeline's currently arguing over whether it's a work or a shoot, lol. Either way, AAA haven't done much of anything worth a damn with Flamita yet, from what I've seen - I miss him in Dragon Gate.

klonere

Banned

I wonder what Evolve will even look like next year. It could end being the Takeover pre-show more or less.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like LU having the iTunes deal and NJPW having NJPW World, you have more options to watch wrestlings that is not WWE right now. Although, WWE Network is good for watching old shows/PPV.

Yup, there's alternatives to the current product no matter where you look. People hatewatching Raw need to reassess their lives.

bjork

So you make a guy, and you're limited at the outset, options-wise. I guess as you win matches and go forward, you unlock more clothes/hair/moves, so you're just building one guy instead of unlocking known characters.

The game is the usual gatcha triangle of red beats green beats blue beats red, with timing taps to pull off moves and reversals. It looks decent, I guess, and it's satisfying to suplex a guy any time ever. But my pussy-ass guy submitted to the headlock in the screenshot below. Seems ok for a phone game but maybe not the best. Anyway, here's some grabs

istCcwP.png

efpjKzt.png

Y3omR1O.png

mEgS2FD.png

JZKsKPy.png

I went to WM12

They rolled out CRT TVs for the front row so they could watch the Hollywood Backlot Brawl.

^5, I remember that too. My mom marked for goldust in ladies panties.

Strax

Listening to power bombcast, Dan bitching about people spending thousands to go and do a bunch of random chants, when he spent thousands to go hold up an amiibo sign.

I have to side with the chant people here. Even though I normally hate that.

While I do agree with you that people can chant (mostly) anything I just can't understand the mentality. I've been to sporting events all around Europe and never have I heard a chant like "We are awesome", a chant for a retired/dead player or a beach ball. Just the idea of bringing a beach ball to an event when tickets are so expensive does not paint a good picture of said person imo, 100% trying to ruin the event and/or seeking attention. How is it in sports in the US, do you hear those chants or is just wrestling?

I get its more show then a real sport but that can't surely be the reason?

100%

The year before he had a giant cutout of his head in the crowd.

Dan did later admit having a giant cutout of his face was a dumb thing and was kind of embarassed about it.

I went to WM12

They rolled out CRT TVs for the front row so they could watch the Hollywood Backlot Brawl.
I was reading about this and people were like wtf? It reminded me of being in school and those crt tvs on that big ass black cart.

Bjork also went to 12. Maybe you two saw each other lol.

klonere

Banned
You know Vince must be salivating at the thought of Enzo somehow getting WWE another celebrity connection.

It's funny because Mojo has some legit celebrity friends and seems to be a popular guy in that LMFAO circle of....people. He was on one of their jets going to some random Florida house show a few days back.

So you make a guy, and you're limited at the outset, options-wise. I guess as you win matches and go forward, you unlock more clothes/hair/moves, so you're just building one guy instead of unlocking known characters.

The game is the usual gatcha triangle of red beats green beats blue beats red, with timing taps to pull off moves and reversals. It looks decent, I guess, and it's satisfying to suplex a guy any time ever. But my pussy-ass guy submitted to the headlock in the screenshot below. Seems ok for a phone game but maybe not the best. Anyway, here's some grabs

Tapping to a Goto headlock? I see dark things in your future virtual, Japanese bjork.

Sanada is a 100% better choice than that geek Goto

that says more about Goto than Sanada.

Sanada's still relatively young and has been doing some good work recently - even when Goto's given the opportunity for some serious character development, he seems incapable of making it happen. The Okada match was the final straw for me, after all the attitude he showed in attacking Okada after matches and press conferences, all he changed in the ring was making himself look like a bootleg Hakushi.

Fox318

Dan did later admit having a giant cutout of his face was a dumb thing and was kind of embarassed about it.
So this year he goes with a sign promoting his Book series and a waluigi amiibo?

Dan can talk about wanting fans to be more respectful when he doesn't go to a Wrestling show treating it like a college protest.

DMczaf

How was it?

I know people report that people were bored during the Iron Man match, me and my cousin were on the edge of our seats during the entire 60+ minutes. We were both huge Bret and Shawn marks though.

Warrior's pop was pretty damn huge.

I remember the Diesel/Taker match being interesting.

Uh....I saw Austin's first WM match ever.

I was reading about this and people were like wtf? It reminded me of being in school and those crt tvs on that big ass black cart.

Bjork also went to 12. Maybe you two saw each other lol.

Probably was wearing Warrior paint.

Fox318

I know people report that people were bored during the Iron Man match, me and my cousin were on the edge of our seats during the entire 60+ minutes. We were both huge Bret and Shawn marks though.

You did get to see the most important match ever in HHH getting squashed like the jobber is is.

He practically became Frank Underwood after that.

I'm still fuming about Wrestlemania 32. Seriously, you're having a jobber battle royale, and invite Tatanka's flabby ass, but Buff can't get a phone call? Fuck you, Vince.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Speaking of WrestleMania Sun, I've accepted at this point that it's probably gonna be trash with Roman winning in the main event again.

Still gonna try to go though.

Strax

So this year he goes with a sign promoting his Book series and a waluigi amiibo?

Dan can talk about wanting fans to be more respectful when he doesn't go to a Wrestling show treating it like a college protest.

He didn't bring the sign about his book, some Giant Bomb fan did.

I watched a 20 minute Tatanka match from this past January, he surprisingly wasn't blown up by the end of it - of course, there was no need for a match that length, dude could have just done the greatest hits and called it a night, but I appreciated that he clearly wanted to give the fans more than a nostalgia match.

You saw Flabvio before he reached his prime. Great. At least you weren't at beware of the dog 😂😂😢😒

WM 12 is my guilty pleasure Mania. Hell, I won't lie I can watch 9-13 any day even though they're the lost manias.

I'm still fuming about Wrestlemania 32. Seriously, you're having a jobber battle royale, and invite Tatanka's flabby ass, but Buff can't get a phone call? Fuck you, Vince.
Listen, that piece of shit giggolo isn't getting a call. No one ever liked him, and when I was a kid I had an action figure of him and I had a match between him and Macho Man. It was an iron match. Buff lost and I burned his stupid face with an iron. I still have that toy but face it, no one likes him. Don't you ever talk about about The Buffalo like that again.

Top Bottom