• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

You saw Flabvio before he reached his prime. Great. At least you weren't at beware of the dog 😂😂😢😒

WM 12 is my guilty pleasure Mania. Hell, I won't lie I can watch 9-13 any day even though they're the lost manias.

Listen, that piece of shit giggolo isn't getting a call. No one ever liked him, and when I was a kid I had an action figure of him and I had a match between him and Macho Man. It was an iron match. Buff lost and I burned his stupid face with an iron. I still have that toy but face it, no one likes him. Don't you ever talk about about The Buffalo like that again.
When Vince went down the list of WCW guys to hire I'm pretty sure The Stuff got the biggest pop apart from maybe Goldberg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watched a 20 minute Tatanka match from this past January, he surprisingly wasn't blown up by the end of it - of course, there was no need for a match that length, dude could have just done the greatest hits and called it a night, but I appreciated that he clearly wanted to give the fans more than a nostalgia match.

Tatanka has five moves. Chop. Jumping Chop. Clothesline. Cross Body. Headlock.

tumblr_o54s98g3rV1u0q8r6o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o54oy5mG6h1sbzhteo1_500.gif
That's my GOAT

Hulk-Hogan-MJ-Crying-Face.jpg

Teptom

LU season 3 spoilers:
As someone who has only watched LU for the past month or so, what's wrong with Sexy Star winning Aztec Warfare? Does she suck or something?

When Vince went down the list of WCW guys to hire I'm pretty sure The Stuff got the biggest pop apart from maybe Goldberg
bwagagaga, I'm sure La Parka got the biggest pop. If he would've come down that aisle with a chair and hit ddp we all would've marked.

Still better than Hogan. Tatanka should've been the one to beat Yokozuna, not Racist Rogan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My first project with the WWE Network was to watch every single WCW ppv in reverse chronological order.

My second was to watch the New Generation 1993-1998. I stalled out on KOTR 1993 for nearly 20 days because my set rule was that anytime I fell asleep during a PPV I'd go back and watch from where I nodded off again. It was the same place every time, Tatanka versus Lex Luger. 15 minute time limit draw because both dudes had undefeated gimmicks. So...fucking...boring.

He's actually added a few more, no joke - double axe-handle off the top, a back bodydrop and a Davey Boy-style running powerslam.

*edit, think he might have hit a DDT as well. Working the indies is turning Tatanka into a spot monkey!

My first project with the WWE Network was to watch every single WCW ppv in reverse chronological order.

My second was to watch the New Generation 1993-1998. I stalled out on KOTR 1993 for nearly 20 days because my set rule was that anytime I fell asleep during a PPV I'd go back and watch from where I nodded off again. It was the same place every time, Tatanka versus Lex Luger. 15 minute time limit draw because both dudes had undefeated gimmicks. So...fucking...boring.
Dear lord you were serious about going in reverse? I can't sit through those last 2 years again.

Tatanka v Lex, Lex bitch ass couldn't hold his end up. Tatanka got tired of carrying his lazy skinny muscular ass. You also have another match with them at SummerSlam 😊 of 94.

Fox318

If WWE wants to stop the crowd from getting too crazy here is what you do

Dim the lights like Watts and HHH in NXT

Have a Baby face win. Because that really doesn't happen enough.

Limit talking to backstage segments

Don't have the top heel try to cut a serious promo then have her turn on the crowd. Thats steph level shit and it's the fucking worst.

Just have wrestling on for the rowdy crowds.

Most of this fan reaction is because WWE hasn't really listened to their fans since 2002 and you have a generation that could give 2 shots about what is going on or they want Chikara level stupid storylines.

LU season 3 spoilers:
As someone who has only watched LU for the past month or so, what's wrong with Sexy Star winning Aztec Warfare? Does she suck or something?

She's the worst female wrestler on the roster and it's not even close, and this makes her the first person (ever) to decisively beat Mil for the belt. Also this is transparently done to ensure it's talked about and gets at least a 4th season. By itself it'd be a good moment if you've been lucky enough to miss everything else Sexy Star's done, and it's not the worst part of the tapings, but it's strange/bad in almost every other way and situation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dear lord you were serious about going in reverse? I can't sit through those last 2 years again.

Tatanka v Lex, Lex bitch ass couldn't hold his end up. Tatanka got tired of carrying his lazy skinny muscular ass. You also have another match with them at SummerSlam 😊 of 94.

Honestly the hardest part of WCW in reverse was 1996-1993.

The second Lex/Tatanka match is much better because it's part of one of my favorite childhood angles, which one of them sold out to the MDM. It's clearly Lex, he used to be a heel, MDM has been following him around on Raw and Superstars with a bag of money, etc, etc.

Ironically enough the worst match on the WCW in reverse run is Lex Luger beating Bret Hart clean. It's soul crushing.

If WWE wants to stop the crowd from getting too crazy here is what you do

Dim the lights like Watts and HHH in NXT

Have a Baby face win. Because that really doesn't happen enough.

Limit talking to backstage segments

Don't have the top heel try to cut a serious promo then have her turn on the crowd. Thats steph level shit and it's the fucking worst.

Just have wrestling on for the rowdy crowds.

Most of this fan reaction is because WWE hasn't really listened to their fans since 2002 and you have a generation that could give 2 shots about what is going on or they want Chikara level stupid storylines.
Charlotte isn't that good on the microphone, that's why she wasn't able to handle that well. Even when she tried to reverse it and go heel she couldn't do it. I bet she was in tears as soon as they hit the curtain. She isn't made for this shit, none of these new girls are.

As much as I hate Sable, when she went on the grind she could've eaten that crowd up.

Pikma

Banned
You saw Flabvio before he reached his prime. Great. At least you weren't at beware of the dog 😂😂😢😒

WM 12 is my guilty pleasure Mania. Hell, I won't lie I can watch 9-13 any day even though they're the lost manias.

Listen, that piece of shit giggolo isn't getting a call. No one ever liked him, and when I was a kid I had an action figure of him and I had a match between him and Macho Man. It was an iron match. Buff lost and I burned his stupid face with an iron. I still have that toy but face it, no one likes him. Don't you ever talk about about The Buffalo like that again.
You're right, I didn't like Buff... I fucking loved him

Honestly the hardest part of WCW in reverse was 1996-1993.

The second Lex/Tatanka match is much better because it's part of one of my favorite childhood angles, which one of them sold out to the MDM. It's clearly Lex, he used to be a heel, MDM has been following him around on Raw and Superstars with a bag of money, etc, etc.

Ironically enough the worst match on the WCW in reverse run is Lex Luger beating Bret Hart clean. It's soul crushing.
Their second matcg was soooooooo much better. That storyline was fucking awesome, seeing Tatanka just pop out of no where and accuse him is comedy. What actually happened is still mouth dropping because Tatanka is a face for life character but it worked really well. Tatanka was doing some of his best stuff as a heel but I feel like Lex would've lasted longer had they just made him the bad guy again.

Damnit, I feel like going through the new generation again. I love that period so much.
You're right, I didn't like Buff... I fucking loved him
I don't believe it. Nope.

Fox318

Charlotte isn't that good on the microphone, that's why she wasn't able to handle that well. Even when she tried to reverse it and go heel she couldn't do it. I bet she was in tears as soon as they hit the curtain. She isn't made for this shit, none of these new girls are.

As much as I hate Sable, when she went on the grind she could've eaten that crowd up.
I'm fine with her retaining but I think it's pretty clear that Vince books for Bonnie Hammer and this

9xuXnRb.jpg

Meanwhile despite the partnership with WWE they are using a boxing set.

Because who cares, it's fake.

DMczaf

Anyone else find it weird that they won't turn Roman heel because of marketing, but they are completely fine with Heel Charlotte being champ for marketing?

I'm fine with her retaining but I think it's pretty clear that Vince books for Bonnie Hammer and this

9xuXnRb.jpg

Meanwhile despite the partnership with WWE they are using a boxing set.

Because who cares, it's fake.
I don't care about the retaining but if they're going to have someone cut a promo thanking the crowd, you have a face do it. If Sasha won, great the crowd would've let her do it. They should've let Lita do the talking thanking all of the girls and saying what Charlotte did. Then after Lita finished, Charlotte could've bragged and done whatever.

Looking at that picture, the titles look horrible and as someone said it's just a big ass marketing tool now.

They need to go back to this,

9d513019a412855dd75c4d6cd307cd2e_original.jpg

Anyone else find it weird that they won't turn Roman heel because of marketing, but they are completely fine with Heel Charlotte being champ for marketing?

A Flair being heel is natural

Roman GodKing will reign forever, and him doing so as a bad guy ever is unnatural

klonere

Banned
I like the current WHC and Women's belt design tbh

I guess seeing that they used the spinner for so long lowered my expectations.

Teptom

She's the worst female wrestler on the roster and it's not even close, and this makes her the first person (ever) to decisively beat Mil for the belt. Also this is transparently done to ensure it's talked about and gets at least a 4th season. By itself it'd be a good moment if you've been lucky enough to miss everything else Sexy Star's done, and it's not the worst part of the tapings, but it's strange/bad in almost every other way and situation.

Ah, that's a shame. Like someone said before, I hope they make it work somehow. I've been enjoying what I've watched so far.

Ah, that's a shame. Like someone said before, I hope they make it work somehow. I've been enjoying what I've watched so far.

Like I said, it's not even the worst part. To me that's
Pentagon.

The joshis coming in and kicking ass is fine. Hell, the idea of them beating him up even is cool and makes a statement

The problem is this is now Year 3. LU's been around for 3 seasons/years. That whole time, the one constant has been the fans loving Pentagon Jr. And every time it looks like they have the ability to pull the trigger, and give the fans what they want (him being the champ) they dance around it at the last second. This is seriously at least the 5th time they've done something like this; avoid title shot so he can fight Vampiro of all people, have him break Mil's arm and then get double pinned like a scrub when he gets the shot, have Matanza eat and break him when he gets another shot, Ultima Lucha 2 where he comes back and just says screw it and beats up Vampiro again, and now this

At this point it should look doubtful Ultima Lucha 3 will end with him getting the belt, and hell who knows maybe he'll beat up Vampiro again because that's what the people must want right??

I didn't want Pentagon to become the LU Bray Wyatt

Lucha Underground, why must you do treat us so?
I'm hoping they'll make this work, but they're treatment of
Pentagon Jr
is super worrying.

Zach

If for some reason I change my mind and go to Orlando next year, I'm thinking of skipping Mania (and Raw and the Hall of Fame) and stick to TakeOver and the indie shows.
I only went to TakeOver and I don't regret a thing. I feel like it was the wisest of wise choices actually.

I love a loud and energetic crowd, I just wish they were a bit more inventive with their chants! "THIS IS AWESOME" and "THIS IS WRESTLING" need to die - you don't need to state how awesome a match is if the collective crowd are already losing their shit. Also, I sometimes find on the indies that you get a match with guys people like, but it's not really as great as people were expecting and some of the crowd feel almost obliged to try and offer a "THIS IS AWESOME" chant for the work being put in, even if everyone (the wrestlers included) can tell that the match just isn't clicking.

I love a loud and energetic crowd, I just wish they were a bit more inventive with their chants! "THIS IS AWESOME" and "THIS IS WRESTLING" need to die - you don't need to state how awesome a match is if the collective crowd are already losing their shit. Also, I sometimes find on the indies that you get a match with guys people like, but it's not really as great as people were expecting and some of the crowd feel almost obliged to try and offer a "THIS IS AWESOME" chant for the work being put in, even if everyone (the wrestlers included) can tell that the match just isn't clicking.

"WE ARE AWESOME" and "WE ARE IDIOTS" especially

Top Bottom